Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #46
andee515
Mouseketeer

I bought 30 at once. for your 5% pharmacy reward, i don't think there will be a limit. If you are coupling your red card with it, it would be limited by your bank credit limit. I believe for most people $2000-3000 in one purchase

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #47
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Posted this over in the Cruise Line forum, but I wanted to post here as well, for those not thinking to search or look over there...

Like many, I've been reading with interest regarding the invisible limits on purchases. We went in today and purchased $2000 on our Target debit card in one transaction, and there was absolutely no issue. The 5% pharmacy rewards applied, bringing the total to 1900, which the debit card took 5% off of. Transaction was approved quickly and without hassle. I think the team member was actually a bit disappointed that they didn't have to do anything interesting! Immediately afterwards, we did a separate transaction of ~$80 of random stuff -- no problem with the same Target debit card here either.

We use our Target debit card about once a month (and have been doing so for about a year and a half). Our regular transactions are between $50 and $150. Our previous max transaction had been $250.

Prior to the purchase, we had called Target, who had said that there were no transaction limits because the Target card will only authorize transactions that the bank authorizes at point of sale (just like any credit card). I realize this goes against everything that everyone else has been reporting. We also called our bank, who does not have checking account transaction limits, but does have daily limits when using THEIR debit card. The bank assured us that those transaction limits would not apply since we were NOT using the bank-issued card for the Target transaction.

Hope this helps someone!

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #48
wdwfanatic80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery222184 View Post
This may have been answered already, but how many Disney gift cards can you buy at once at Target? I could see myself accumulating the prescription discount in a few months to get the 10% off for a day, but then I would need to buy about 45 cards at once :/
I bought 31 there the other day. No problems. They have them at every register in my Target. Depending on when my next Rx card comes I may have to buy the balance all in one day. So that would be 63! That would be a total charge of $2822. Hopefully there's no issue. I'm a TA and 27 of the 31 I got were for my mom's trip. I had to call and it took about 25 minutes to book and payoff her trip! Totally worth the savings!

We are personally saving over $330!!!! My budget has us saving for the trip without that discount, so that will go towards spending - also being purchased gift cards at Target!
Owen (6)

Next trip....
SWW AGAIN!! 5/12-5/18 Pop Century
wdwfanatic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #49
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

I was just at Target and asked the cashier about saving 5% on the DGCs. She didn't know and called the manager over. The manager told me it only works on iTunes cars. Now, the only reason I was asking is because I thought I had seen a thread on here where someone mentioned using their Red Card. So, I left without any cards, came home to look again on here, and she must not know about it! Anyhow, I'm going to wait for my next prescription 5% and head to a different Target and see what happens. We have a cruise and an OKW stay coming up this summer and I could really use the savings! I love my Red Card! Thanks for the tips, everyone!
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #50
thorphin
DIS Veteran

The thing to remember is that both discounts (red card and pharmacy) are applied automatically after the card is swiped or coupon is scanned, so the cashiers and managers don't have to have a clue for you to get the discount.

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #51
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorphin
The thing to remember is that both discounts (red card and pharmacy) are applied automatically after the card is swiped or coupon is scanned, so the cashiers and managers don't have to have a clue for you to get the discount.
Good point. Thanks.
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #52
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

Something I found out today, it takes 7 to 10 days to get your card from the time you sign up. So make sure to do this in advance!
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #53
aml3679
Kita's Mom

I love my red debit card but have not seen any Disney gift cards.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #54
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
They are at the check out.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #55
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

Dh and I did this today. We bought 40 gc's to pay off our DVC dues, get AP's and TIW card. Tried to call to buy AP's and told only 2 cards per transaction for ticket purchases. called 2 more times just to be sure that was the story. For reservations you can use as many as you want.

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #56
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml3679 View Post
They are also in the DVD/CD/Electronics section - at least at my local Targets.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #57
DVC4FUN
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien728 View Post
Dh and I did this today. We bought 40 gc's to pay off our DVC dues, get AP's and TIW card. Tried to call to buy AP's and told only 2 cards per transaction for ticket purchases. called 2 more times just to be sure that was the story. For reservations you can use as many as you want.
Are you just calling DVC member services to buy the APs? You need to be switched to main ticketing department. There they will take multiple gift cards. I am a DVC member and did this myself in Dec. to buy a PAP with 9 $50 gift cards. If you haven't bought the APs yet try having them switch you to ticketing department.
DVC4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #58
Tundo147
Earning My Ears

I work at target. Not only do i save the 5% with my redcard I also get 10% more off for an employee discount. Last year we saved over 500 on our vacation. Most stores dont have more than 25 or 30 50 gift cards in the store, but they also have 25 cards up by the registers
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #59
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
Something I found out today, it takes 7 to 10 days to get your card from the time you sign up. So make sure to do this in advance!
I was able to sign up right at the register and saved the 5%. I was issued a sales slip with a temporary number that I could use while waiting for my card to come in the mail.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #60
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien728 View Post
Like pp said you would need to call the main number. I've also heard some CMs give the wrong info or maybe they just don't want to do it. I was able to purchase my AP at my local Disney store this past weekend. They weren't sure if it was going to take all 13 cards but said they would try and it worked. Going back to get the rest of our APs and tickets next month.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: