Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Man banned from Disney World for life.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_...wdwinfo.com%29

Trespassing is wrong, illegal, dangerous, and a liability to WDW. They were 100% in the right to do what they did.. but I admit, I love those back stage, closed attraction peeks at things.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Ambassador
DIS Veteran

Backstage looks like the receiving area of every mall everywhere: really nothing special. Just think of the hullabaloo if that yahoo was injured somehow while sneaking around? He is lucky Disney was so polite: try sneaking around inside any other business, and go to jail and get fined big bucks.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
bgraham34
Wilderness Lodger

I have been following Adam the Woo for a long time now and I am not surprised this happened to him. As much as I love seeing backstage its one thing to go back there and then another to record it and put it on youtube. If you are doing something you know you should not be doing then why show the world you are doing it.

bgraham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

that would seriously suck so bad

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

This is where Disney draws the line in the sand?
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
This is where Disney draws the line in the sand?
they also fire employees that steal...
but only sometimes with managers...if it doesn't cause a stir or hit he news...
sometimes they make them pay back what they steal and demote them...
but not always...depending on how well they "fit the part"
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 01-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
coastrnut
Earning My Ears

Way back in the early 80's when there was only the Magic Kingdom, I remember when I was in high school on a band trip our band was in the afternoon parade. I remember when we were back stage getting ready to go onto the parade route, we were told, absolutely no pictures were to be taken. If anyone was caught taking pictures, their camera would be confiscated. Well, one of our band members took a few pictures, and guess what - they had their camera taken from them, the film was removed from the camera, and they were given the camera back, and warned if they do it again, they would be removed from the park.

They were very serious about things like that back then!
coastrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile ~I hope it was worth it!

~That's too bad -- it may be best for him to leave to Florida all together, because I am willing to bet, he will try to sneak his way back into WDW. He better start over in California, and enjoy the parks again as a law abiding citizen, before he ends up in jail. This guy better thank his lucky stars, while the punishment is harsh, it could have been far worse.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
super mike b
DIS Veteran

As he was dumb enough to post on Youtube he deserves the punishment.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Of course what he was doing was wrong. What an idiot.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
kvandmx
Earning My Ears

Easy!

Easy with the name calling please. Adam may have made some poor choices by posting his fan driven material but I think "Idiot" is a bit harsh. If you haven't taken the time to visit his You Tube channel "Adam the woo" you should have a look. Adam is an urban explorer, and his material is very entertaining. He knew the risks and what would happen if he was discovered. He now has to live with those ramifications. Adam is far from an idiot!
kvandmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
cranbiz
DIS Veteran

Location: Durham, NC 11 hours from the mouse, 12 hours from good clam chowder

And there is really nothing to see backstage. No theming, just support structures, doors and dumpsters.

You are better off taking World Drive past the Contemporary and going to the monorail barn and Disney University area. Herder to get caught and there are actually some interesting stuff there.

Off Site 8-91, 8-92, ASMU 12-03, 1-06 (AP preview of EE), Our FL House 9-04, 11-04, 1-05, 2-05, 4-05, 5-05, 6-05, 7-05, 9-05, 10-05, 11-05, NYE05 at EPCOT!, 4-06, 10-06(X2), AKL 12-04, CBR 6-05. Stopped recording in 06 due to working there

I have finally visited DLR - Where's the castle?

The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone. All rights reserved. Your mileage may vary. Offer is valid only at participating locations. Many will enter, few will win. If this post begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. Guarantee void in Tennessee.
cranbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvandmx View Post
Easy with the name calling please. Adam may have made some poor choices by posting his fan driven material but I think "Idiot" is a bit harsh. If you haven't taken the time to visit his You Tube channel "Adam the woo" you should have a look. Adam is an urban explorer, and his material is very entertaining. He knew the risks and what would happen if he was discovered. He now has to live with those ramifications. Adam is far from an idiot!
I don't care what he is. If it says "cast members Only" and your not a "cast member" then you don't belong.

To say make a comment that he wants to... "satisfy a morbid curiosity" and...."I never received any emails from Disney on what I was doing was wrong." is just plain strange.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
kvandmx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey View Post
I don't care what he is. If it says "cast members Only" and your not a "cast member" then you don't belong.

To say make a comment that he wants to... "satisfy a morbid curiosity" and...."I never received any emails from Disney on what I was doing was wrong." is just plain strange.
I was not defending his trespassing, I was addressing the name calling. He does not deserve the label "Idiot" any more than you do.
kvandmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #15
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvandmx View Post
I was not defending his trespassing, I was addressing the name calling. He does not deserve the label "Idiot" any more than you do.
Can we say that he is a "Very silly boy"?
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: