Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
minniemouse803
Earning My Ears

My fiancée and I are headed to Disney for our honeymoon August 5-10. We are staying at the Polynesian and with the recent posting of the August park hours I have started finalizing all my plans. My 180 day mark for ADRs is coming up and I wanted advice on which reservations to attempt first that morning. I do know we have a lot of TS choices but we love to eat at nice restaurants at home and part of it for us is to relax and take our time

Here is where we are hoping to get reservations:
Breakfast-Kona Cafe, 1900 Park Fare
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern, Tusker House, San Angel Inn, Sci-Fi
Dinner- Victoria & Albert's Queen Victoria Room, Monsieur Paul's, Be Our Guest, Flying Fish, Aloha Dinner Show

Which one should I attempt first? Any others that I need to try to get right away? Will it be impossible to get Victoria and Albert's? I know it's a tough one to score
minniemouse803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse803 View Post
My fiancée and I are headed to Disney for our honeymoon August 5-10. We are staying at the Polynesian and with the recent posting of the August park hours I have started finalizing all my plans. My 180 day mark for ADRs is coming up and I wanted advice on which reservations to attempt first that morning. I do know we have a lot of TS choices but we love to eat at nice restaurants at home and part of it for us is to relax and take our time

Dinner- Victoria & Albert's Queen Victoria Room, Monsieur Paul's, Be Our Guest, Flying Fish, Aloha Dinner Show

Which one should I attempt first? Any others that I need to try to get right away? Will it be impossible to get Victoria and Albert's? I know it's a tough one to score
to the DIS!

Hmmm ... this is the order I would probably do them in:

1. BOG
2. V&A
3. 1900 PF
4. Monsieur Paul's
5. Flying Fish
6. Tusker House
7. SOA

Then all the rest.

It's kind of subjective. Which is the most important to you? BOG has been difficult to get, but honestly it depends on which ones you would be most disappointed if you did not get. If your top priority is V&A, then do that one first and BOG next.

Great list! Hope you get everything you're hoping for.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

Looks good...BOG is hard to get..but if you are flexible in times you can find something just do it at the 180 day mark and i bet you get something..the rest looks great...happy dining
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
raeolight
Ears to the ground Eyes to the Castle

Have you tried MEI travel? They'll do all that for you and it doesn't cost a thing. They also know which are the ones that need the fastest reservations. In the three times we've gone there was only one time that we had to get the reservations ourselves. They sound like great choices though I wasn't a huge fan of any of the restaurants in the AK. We did find that there is an option that allows you to use a counter service and you get a nice chicken picnic meal and we found a nice little place that was by the water with fans and ate there. All in all GL oh and I will give you two more suggestions. If you want a good spot to watch the fireworks at Epcot get a late dinner reservation at the Rose & Crown, get an outside table and just relax and enjoy the fireworks without the crowd. Also the last day you're there you might try getting a breakfast at the Whispering Canyons at the Wilderness Lodge resort. The atmosphere is great and the food will fill you up the rest of the day. Just beware of asking for ketchup lol!! We're going to the Poly for the first time so let us know how it goes. GL!!
raeolight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse803 View Post

I would first go with if there is anything you want on a special day. Like is there a birthday or anniversary and you really want V&A to be that day, then do that.

I would do
1. BOG
2. V&A
Then I honestly believe that the rest don't really matter...I can't see you not getting those at 180 days.

ETA: Duh! You said honeymoon, so everyday is special. For a honeymoon, I would do V&A then BOG then the rest.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: