Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

Pregnant and with a 16 month old...I'm not crazy right?

My entire family is planning a trip to visit my niece who just started the College Program this month. When we go I'll be about 30 weeks pregnant and my daughter will be 16 months old. I have every intention of just going at a leisurely pace. I told my family I'm going solely to see my niece, watch parades and eat snacks

We'll be staying at PPH so if we need to go back for naps/rest/quiet time, it won't be much of a walk.

We're gonna have two days in the park. I'm not crazy right?!?!?!?

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocahontasLookALike View Post
My entire family is planning a trip to visit my niece who just started the College Program this month. When we go I'll be about 30 weeks pregnant and my daughter will be 16 months old. I have every intention of just going at a leisurely pace. I told my family I'm going solely to see my niece, watch parades and eat snacks

We'll be staying at PPH so if we need to go back for naps/rest/quiet time, it won't be much of a walk.

We're gonna have two days in the park. I'm not crazy right?!?!?!?
Heck NO, It's your decision. If you feel you can do it then do it! If all the women in the world stopped what they wanted to do when they were pregnant there would be a whole lot of women doing a whole lot of nothing.

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

With my first pregnancy, i stayed really active up until 2 weeks before I delivered. I usually feel pretty good so I don't see why I couldn't do it, huh? With this pregnancy, I'm still really active (come on...I'm chasing a 1 year old right?!?!) and I don't intend on running back and forth between ToT and Space Mountain all day. I really just want to go and enjoy the ambiance and hope that my 16 month old (at the time) enjoys herself. She slept through her visit when she was 12 weeks old.

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

I think one of the biggest challenges for a pregnant woman with a 16mo old will be walking long distances and waiting in long lines. Planning ahead will help with this alot. Determine what rides you know you'll want to take her on (or the family will want to go on). Plan to do hers early and try to avoid zigzagging across the park.

Also, make sure you bring healthy snacks and approved treats for both of you so neither of you get too cranky from hunger pains!

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

I would be crazy at home, or crazy at DL. I would rather be crazy at DL! Have fun and listen to your body, you'll know if/when you need a break.
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
DisneylandPlanner
Mouseketeer

I can not speak to your mental health. But some of the best time at the park was when I was pregnant and waiting around for the group. I would watch the dapper dans or sit on the Mark Twain. I had a great time. Since the rest of the family will be there you will have lots of help with your daughter.

Here you leave the world of
yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy
and enter today
DisneylandPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
crysmom
Mouseketeer

I went with my 4 and 6 year old and my 18 month old son when I was 30 weeks pregnant. The weather was not nice while I was there, and being my first visit I was very unprepared for what disney had to offer my 18 month old was very needy I didn't have the best time but tried to cram to much into my day. But.. If I had the chance to do it again I would so I think you should keep your expectations low key and make sure you have help chasing after your 16 month old and have a good time
crysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
californiamomof4grls
DIS Veteran

Isn't everyone a bit crazy and then you pregnancy and well ya know! LOL! I've had 5 baby girls! Some pregnancies I felt great towards the end some I couldn't get out of bed! My point being that you will know your body and you'll know when you've had too much. With a 16 month old I imagine you'll be in the tamer side of the parks anyways and you shouldn't be able to be get in to too much trouble! Just listen to your body when it says it's tired it should be right around the same time your 16 month old shows signs of being tired! Have a great time!

March 3rd - March 5th 2010 @ the Hojo! Our 10 year Disneymoonerversery!
Disney trip gifted from the Ellen Degenerous show April29th -May 2 2011 First time our family flew!
californiamomof4grls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
Aussie Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner
I can not speak to your mental health. But some of the best time at the park was when I was pregnant and waiting around for the group. I would watch the dapper dans or sit on the Mark Twain. I had a great time. Since the rest of the family will be there you will have lots of help with your daughter.
I agree with you when DH and I went in 2011 I was 26 weeks and I enjoyed the time sitting and people watching while DH did rides I couldn't do - tomorrowland is a good people watching place - maybe also goofys playhouse in toon town maybe helpful to keep your 16mth old entertained while you sit
2011 - 4th Visit to DLR - final leg of round the world trip
2012 - 5th Visit - First Ever Sisters Holiday - leaving baby and husband in Aust

Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain here i come!

Disney for life
Aussie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: