Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
mguilford1
Mouseketeer

Question where to stay December trip?

I will be renting points for the first week in December. It will be me, my husband and my 8 year old granddaughter. This will be her first trip to Disney. Where should we stay? My husband and I stayed at Jambo house Savahna view and loved it but it seemed a little far away from the action. I just want this to be an amazing trip for her so any suggestions would be appreciated. She is actually saving every penny she finds for this trip! Thank You
mguilford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Since you are renting points, and want to be in imersed in the magic while at the resort, I would suggest WLV. I have never stayed there but have been and its a beautiful resort. It is right near Mk with a boat that goes right to it. (You can also take monorail to TTC in order to get to EPCOT) You can also take a boat to CR to get to the monorail for MK. I also hear the WL has the best resort Christmas decorations. The pool is also very nice.

If that does not interest you - maybe BLT - which is on the monorail line. I don't know what they do for Christmas but I think that resort is also very nice.

Besides the MK area - maybe you would want to stay at a EPCOT resort? BCV and BWV would be your case. I know BC does amazing Christmas decorations and I bet BWV does also. BCV and BWV allow you to walk/boat to EPCOT/HS.

You and your family maybe just need to decide what parks they would want to go to most. MK/EPCOT on monorail line or EPCOT/HS at EPCOT area resorts. From there just pick which one interests you the most and you are all set

Good Luck deciding and have a great trip.

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Agreed. Personally, I would pick the VWL due to its Christmas decorations and cozy feel during the holidays. Plus, I thought that the MK was the best decorated park of the four. You will appreciate having that boat access to the MK from the VWL.

Book soon if you want the VWL, though, since it is very popular during the holidays.

Have fun wherever you end up!
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilford1 View Post
I will be renting points for the first week in December. It will be me, my husband and my 8 year old granddaughter. This will be her first trip to Disney. Where should we stay? My husband and I stayed at Jambo house Savahna view and loved it but it seemed a little far away from the action. I just want this to be an amazing trip for her so any suggestions would be appreciated. She is actually saving every penny she finds for this trip! Thank You
First week of Dec books up extremely quickly at 11 months out. You are already past that time. Make a decision and get a member to book a stay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I agree with VWL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: