Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #841
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,942

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
I can't believe that that Charlie kid made it through and one of these guys who can actually sing won't!
I know, I can't figure that one out either. If they wanted someone quirky, I think Jda would have been a better choice. At least he can sing along with being different.
Darcy03231 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #842
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 11,104

Next week should be better. The girls are Wednesday again
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #843
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 24,819

The first guy was so forgettable. What was his name again?

Johnny Keiser looks so much like Pete from "The Office". It's uncanny! Look up the actor Jake Lacy.

JDA...more like WTH. Do we really need Boy George 2.0?

Kevin Harris. Suffering from the Idol affliction known as "poorsongchoiceitis". Clearly he has a lovely voice but this is so contrived and boring.

Chris. Has a very Lenny Kravitz vibe to him.

Devin. OH. MY. GOD. Who is picking these boring dang songs for these guys???

Elijah. Meh. Not impressed. Sounds like a girl.

Charlie. It's hard to watch him sometimes because he seems a bit uncomfortable in his skin. He's a sweet kid, but not for this competition I think.

Jimmy. Blech. Also, I'm over the country singers.

Curtis. YAWN.


Overall I couldn't care less about any of these guys. Hopefully next week will be more impressive.
__________________
Jennasis is online now  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #844
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 11,104

Here are the remaining idols to compete next week!

Aubrey Cleland
Breanna Steer
Candice Glover
Cristabel Clack
Janelle Arthur
Jett Hermano
Juliana Chahayed
Melinda Ademi
Rachel Hale
Zoanette Johnson


Bryant Tadeo
Burnell Taylor
Cortez Shaw
David Willis
Gurpreet Singh
Josh Holiday
Lazaro Arbos
Mathenee Treco
Nick Boddington
Vincent Powell
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #845
PammyK
DIS Veteran
 
PammyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In my own little corner of the world
Posts: 1,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
I like this guy Curtis.
I won't deny he can sing but I would never voluntarily listen to him. I simply don't enjoy what he does.

Plus, and I'm not sure exactly why, I find him kind of creepy. As in, I wouldn't leave my kid alone with him creepy.
__________________
-Pam
PammyK is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #846
PammyK
DIS Veteran
 
PammyK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: In my own little corner of the world
Posts: 1,612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy03231 View Post
I know, I can't figure that one out either. If they wanted someone quirky, I think Jda would have been a better choice. At least he can sing along with being different.
But I'm not sure Jda would appeal to the core voters - tween and teen girls. I think the girls will find Charlie appealing in his quirkiness. I think that is the same reason that Elijah remains in the competition.
__________________
-Pam
PammyK is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #847
asta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: TN
Posts: 3,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
are they forcing us to have a girl winner this year?

and honestly, not that the girls were amazing. i thought there were three who should go through last night. the other two were just extras.
Every one in my house thinks that AI is trying to force America to vote for a girl this year. I disliked all of the guys tonight. Very boring songs and not sung very well. I can see another season of AI trying to convince us that we should vote for that last guy (Curtis, I think). Remember the standing ovations from last year. No matter what they say that type of music doesn't have wide appeal with their viewing audience.
asta is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #848
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP
 
aprilgail2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 19,854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
The first guy was so forgettable. What was his name again?

Johnny Keiser looks so much like Pete from "The Office". It's uncanny! Look up the actor Jake Lacy.

JDA...more like WTH. Do we really need Boy George 2.0?

Kevin Harris. Suffering from the Idol affliction known as "poorsongchoiceitis". Clearly he has a lovely voice but this is so contrived and boring.

Chris. Has a very Lenny Kravitz vibe to him.

Devin. OH. MY. GOD. Who is picking these boring dang songs for these guys???

Elijah. Meh. Not impressed. Sounds like a girl.

Charlie. It's hard to watch him sometimes because he seems a bit uncomfortable in his skin. He's a sweet kid, but not for this competition I think.

Jimmy. Blech. Also, I'm over the country singers.

Curtis. YAWN.


Overall I couldn't care less about any of these guys. Hopefully next week will be more impressive.
I agree with all your descriptions- and I really really am sick of all the country music already- I can't stand country to begin with but there are just so many of them this year!
__________________
The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something!
aprilgail2 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #849
Kimberle
WL Vet
 
Kimberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,926

Is this a Nicki dating show or AI???? "I want to have your babies...."
__________________
Aug 01 CR, N Wing Sept 02 Country Inn & Suites, Calypso Cay Sept 03 WL, Crtyd view
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #850
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 24,819

All of the guys last night were absolutely train-wreck terrible. How any of them made it this far is beyond me. The only one or two worth watching for nothing more than "they're interesting to watch" were sent home (JDA and Chris). Idol clearly wants a girl to win this year. And so far they seem to want one of two particular girls.

Last night was an embarassment. Charlie? REALLY?? His story is cute but he can't sing! Couldn't carry a tune if it had handles.
__________________
Jennasis is online now  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #851
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Nicki was horrible, last night hitting on the guys left and right.

Mariah has turned into Paula over night being overly sweet
happygirl is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #852
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,942

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Nicki was horrible, last night hitting on the guys left and right.

Mariah has turned into Paula over night being overly sweet
I thought exactly the same thing!
Darcy03231 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #853
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Does anyone know if they are doing wildcards this year
happygirl is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #854
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,942

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Does anyone know if they are doing wildcards this year
I don't think they are. I believe that I read they were doing the sudden death rounds this year instead until they get to the top ten and then America will start voting. I haven't seen/heard anything yet about "saves."
Darcy03231 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #855
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy03231 View Post
I don't think they are. I believe that I read they were doing the sudden death rounds this year instead until they get to the top ten and then America will start voting. I haven't seen/heard anything yet about "saves."
Thank you :D
happygirl is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.