Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #3001
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
No!! But I will NOW!
It's probably on page 2 but it's kind of telling I think.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #3002
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
It's probably on page 2 but it's kind of telling I think.
I can't find it! Can you link the ol' lady to it???
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #3003
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
I can't find it! Can you link the ol' lady to it???
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...ys-results.htm
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #3004
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Wow....

I agree with the comment that the longer he stays the more he'll be a laughingstock. Unlike Sanjaya, who was at least ADORABLE thru it all, Lazaro seems to have an attitude.

You're NOT good, buddy. You shouldn't be there.

__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #3005
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
Wow....

I agree with the comment that the longer he stays the more he'll be a laughingstock. Unlike Sanjaya, who was at least ADORABLE thru it all, Lazaro seems to have an attitude.

You're NOT good, buddy. You shouldn't be there.

agreed and the longer he stays I think the longer set he gets on the tour. I know i don't want to sit through that.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #3006
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

the compilation cd will be first be released to Walmart as a Zinepak on April 30th, the regular version will be released the following on May 7th
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #3007
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran
 
fairestoneofall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 4,460

on an unrelated note, Elise Testone performed the national anthem and a few other songs before a 10k I ran on Saturday (she is local). it is a pretty big race. she was up above the start line watching the runners come through.

i must say, she did a great job! if she'd have sung like that on AI, she might have at least beaten Jessica. ha!

i agree that Lazaro needs to go.
__________________
emily (wife to DH), mom to DD DS DS

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #3008
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
on an unrelated note, Elise Testone performed the national anthem and a few other songs before a 10k I ran on Saturday (she is local). it is a pretty big race. she was up above the start line watching the runners come through.

i must say, she did a great job! if she'd have sung like that on AI, she might have at least beaten Jessica. ha!

i agree that Lazaro needs to go.
I'm debating on going to see her play when she's here, if she's gotten better I might.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #3009
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
agreed and the longer he stays I think the longer set he gets on the tour. I know i don't want to sit through that.
I hope he gets his act together by the tour. Based on internet sites ALONE he might just get BOOOOED!
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #3010
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
I hope he gets his act together by the tour. Based on internet sites ALONE he might just get BOOOOED!
I think a lot of why he has got so far is his looks and backstory. You know Simon wouldn't of tolerated it.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #3011
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...
 
npmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,373

Re: lazaro. the judges are the ones who picked him and put him in the top 10.
in reality anyone they put in the top 10 should be someone they think could be the next american idol.
then america gets to vote.
so they picked him we didn't , we are just voting for him
npmommie is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #3012
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by npmommie View Post
Re: lazaro. the judges are the ones who picked him and put him in the top 10.
in reality anyone they put in the top 10 should be someone they think could be the next american idol.
then america gets to vote.
so they picked him we didn't , we are just voting for him
I still think they control who gets where, also. No way will I ever believe they don't skew votes that no one really knows or there is no "legalities" controlling them.

They WANT Lazaro where he is to make sure a female wins. They seem to have Angie, Amber, Kree and Candice in their sights, I think they're trying to see who will be most marketable. They were smart this year, pick males that would not have a screaming tween following giving the girls a good chance. Social media and vote count will dictate which way the interest if flowing but in the end, THEY (tptb) make the decision.
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3013
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
I still think they control who gets where, also. No way will I ever believe they don't skew votes that no one really knows or there is no "legalities" controlling them.

They WANT Lazaro where he is to make sure a female wins. They seem to have Angie, Amber, Kree and Candice in their sights, I think they're trying to see who will be most marketable. They were smart this year, pick males that would not have a screaming tween following giving the girls a good chance. Social media and vote count will dictate which way the interest if flowing but in the end, THEY (tptb) make the decision.
agreed and I don't blame it all on Nigel because like I was reading on IDF he gets the blame the most because of him the most available to the public, but I fully believe there is more then just him making decisions they just hide.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #3014
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,847

1. Angela Miller – “Yesterday” by The Beatles
2. Candice Glover – “I (Who Have Nothing)” by Ben E. King
3. Burnell Taylor – “Flying Without Wings” by Westlife/Ruben Studdard
4. Kree Harrison – “With A Little Help From My Friends” by The Beatles
5. Paul Jolley – “Amazed” by Lonestar
6. Amber Holcomb – “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson
7. Janelle Arthur – “I Will” by The Beatles
8. Lazaro Arbos – “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
9. Devin Velez – “The Long And Winding Road” by The Beatles
10. Curis Finch, Jr. – “I Believe” by Fantasia Barrino
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #3015
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
on an unrelated note, Elise Testone performed the national anthem and a few other songs before a 10k I ran on Saturday (she is local). it is a pretty big race. she was up above the start line watching the runners come through.

i must say, she did a great job! if she'd have sung like that on AI, she might have at least beaten Jessica. ha!
Personally, I think her version of Whole Lotta Love was easily one of the top 5 performances in the history of the show, definitely the best that season. But, she had too many other weeks that didn't measure up.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.