Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2701
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Mhmm but Fox is no where near as bad as CBS so that's Idol's saving grace. I do think if they maybe had more diversity that would help ratings but maybe even moving it back to Tuesday/Wednesday might help. I don't know they need to make changes and I do think Nicki needs to be that change.
Not sure what you mean about CBS.

I think the Voice would TROUNCE them on Tuesday, so I doubt that'll happen. They are still the only Fox show in the top ten so they need to milk it for all it's worth. Nicki was a mistake, it's time to lick their wounds and admit it was a FAIL.
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #2702
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
Not sure what you mean about CBS.

I think the Voice would TROUNCE them on Tuesday, so I doubt that'll happen. They are still the only Fox show in the top ten so they need to milk it for all it's worth. Nicki was a mistake, it's time to lick their wounds and admit it was a FAIL.
Up till the Voice, CBS has had the lowest ratings of any networks. Spanish network has been higher. But the Voice would probably out beat them for but how for long especially if they do it twice a year. I hope to lord they don't invite her back for next season if they have it.

Ugh sorry I got them mixed up, NBC has been struggling now CBS
__________________


Mandy





Last edited by mandy200587; 04-03-2013 at 04:11 PM.
mandy200587 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #2703
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Up till the Voice, CBS has had the lowest ratings of any networks. Spanish network has been higher. But the Voice would probably out beat them for but how for long especially if they do it twice a year. I hope to lord they don't invite her back for next season if they have it.
CBS has half of the top ten now, they're kicking butt and taking names! NBC on the other hand, is flopping bad and it's behind Univision now. The places change by the seasons it's CBS's time to shine. Fox seems to only shine during AI season.
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #2704
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
CBS has half of the top ten now, they're kicking butt and taking names! NBC on the other hand, is flopping bad and it's behind Univision now. The places change by the seasons it's CBS's time to shine. Fox seems to only shine during AI season.
Yes, I got them mixed up. CBS is kicking butts and taking their names. True, X-Factor struggled bad
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #2705
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

"What About Love" by Heart
"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence featuring Paul McCoy
"You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones
"You May Be Right" by Billy Joel
"Piece Of My Heart" by Janis Joplin
"We Are The Champions" by Queen

Duo/Trio Performances:
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
"The Letter" by The Box Tops


There are the songs, one of the duo/trio songs is missing. I'm not going to post whose singing what but yall have fun.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #2706
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
"What About Love" by Heart
"Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence featuring Paul McCoy
"You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones
"You May Be Right" by Billy Joel
"Piece Of My Heart" by Janis Joplin
"We Are The Champions" by Queen

Duo/Trio Performances:
"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen
"The Letter" by The Box Tops


There are the songs, one of the duo/trio songs is missing. I'm not going to post whose singing what but yall have fun.
They've done the Queen song as a group before, I hate it when they cheese up my Freddie Mercury songs!!

I love the solo songs, hope they can handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Yes, I got them mixed up. CBS is kicking butts and taking their names. True, X-Factor struggled bad
I thought so!! CBS is having a great time in primetime, ABC is doing better in daytime and NBC owns late night.
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #2707
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
They've done the Queen song as a group before, I hate it when they cheese up my Freddie Mercury songs!!

I love the solo songs, hope they can handle it.



I thought so!! CBS is having a great time in primetime, ABC is doing better in daytime and NBC owns late night.
Oh that Queen song is pure cheese tonight in the group section. Pure cheese.




ABC has great daytime, I love to watch the Chew and they have General Hospital even if I'm lost as crickets on it now.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #2708
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
Oh that Queen song is pure cheese tonight in the group section. Pure cheese.




ABC has great daytime, I love to watch the Chew and they have General Hospital even if I'm lost as crickets on it now.
I'm just GLAD they're beating the Today Show after they canned Ann Curry. First time in MY lifetime, at least!
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #2709
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
I'm just GLAD they're beating the Today Show after they canned Ann Curry. First time in MY lifetime, at least!
I love GMA, I can't stand Today show anymore and I can't even stand the shows like the View and the Talk. I won't say what they remind me of.
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #2710
Robinrs
DIS Veteran
 
Robinrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA originally from Bklyn, New York
Posts: 41,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
I love GMA, I can't stand Today show anymore and I can't even stand the shows like the View and the Talk. I won't say what they remind me of.
Amen!!

Well, after a horrendous night of NO ELECTRICITY I was just told my power is back on at home so I guess I'll go home!! See you all during the show!!
__________________

Robinrs is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #2711
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,568

DW is excited about the Evenesence song - thinks Angie will do it. I bet Janelle does the Faith Hill version of Janis Joplin.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #2712
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,568

Just checked out The Letter. I know that song, but they play that on oldies stations here, not classic rock
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #2713
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
DW is excited about the Evenesence song - thinks Angie will do it. I bet Janelle does the Faith Hill version of Janis Joplin.

You're right on one. Wrong on the other
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #2714
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,568

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy200587 View Post
You're right on one. Wrong on the other
I'll take it
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2715
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas
 
mandy200587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 10,843

and the last duo/trio song is

Still Rock and Roll to Me-Billy Joel
__________________


Mandy




mandy200587 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.