Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
skeeterfoot
Mouseketeer

This really bugs me!

Why do folks feel the right to register for concierge level at any deluxe, pack their room with family and friends and expect a full dinner for all?? Then on top of it, exclaim their pride in saving $ on their disney trip by having the whole packed clan make a meal out of what is supposed to be continental breakfast and Hors d’ oeuvres. I truly fear this practice among abusers will cause Disney to reduce concierge offerings and quality for those who really appreciate this level and use it correctly.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterfoot View Post
Why do folks feel the right to register for concierge level at any deluxe, pack their room with family and friends and expect a full dinner for all?? Then on top of it, exclaim their pride in saving $ on their disney trip by having the whole packed clan make a meal out of what is supposed to be continental breakfast and Hors d’ oeuvres. I truly fear this practice among abusers will cause Disney to reduce concierge offerings and quality for those who really appreciate this level and use it correctly.
I didn't realize there was a correct way and incorrect way
... the CM's are usually pushing food on us and telling us to take as much as we want ... one CM at the YC even got us a plate of cookies and some milk (with out us even asking for it) to take back to our room for later.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Because they want to....why do you care?
I mean...it isnt hurting you.
I have "many times" had 5 people in a room at all star music and even smoked a cigar on a bench that wasnt a dsa.
Some folks on here threw a hissy fit... it amazes me how people care so much about what others are doing. Im not picking on you...im just using this post as an example. How about just going with it and enjoy youre holiday. And, if i have 1 too many lads in my room....who really cares. Or for the folks that reuse resort mugs....i could care less....
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
I truly fear this practice among abusers will cause Disney to reduce concierge offerings and quality for those who really appreciate this level and use it correctly.

Nobody knows the meaning of propriety anymore.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

You need to keep this kind of stuff in perspective. Most people are rule followers and Disney factors in those who are not when making decisions.

You worry about you and yours and all will be fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
well said and I cannot stand how people think this is ok. It WILL eventually affect rule abiding people
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn
Because they want to....why do you care?
I mean...it isnt hurting you.
I have "many times" had 5 people in a room at all star music and even smoked a cigar on a bench that wasnt a dsa.
Some folks on here threw a hissy fit... it amazes me how people care so much about what others are doing. Im not picking on you...im just using this post as an example. How about just going with it and enjoy youre holiday. And, if i have 1 too many lads in my room....who really cares. Or for the folks that reuse resort mugs....i could care less....
While I understand your point, but your counterpoint is a bit moot. The DSA's are in place to keep the smoke away from children and adults who do not smoke. I get very angry when I see people smoking outside the DSA's because I am allergic to smoke and do my best to avoid those areas. I feel that smoking outside the DSA's is a bit more disrespectful than eating more than your fair share of the complimentary food on the CL.

Sorry will step down from my soap box now.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

This isn't going anywhere productive. Nope.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: