Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Our "we ate ourselves sick, now it's time to hit the gym" dining report

LOL. Hello all fellow Disney food lovers,this will be my first attempt at a dining report. My family of 4 stayed at PORFQ 1/2-1/9 and then POP 1/9-1/11.
I'll be reviewing the following restaurants:
-Raglan Road
-Biergarten
-Yak & Yeti
-Boma(dinner)
-Crystal Palace(breakfast)
-Via Napoli
_Chefs de France
-Kona Cafe
-Sanaa
-La Hacienda

plus assorted cs. Stayed tuned, I'll update tonight!

Last edited by glasslipper; 01-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.
glasslipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Tony NY
DIS Veteran

I cant wait read your reviwes

CSR 9/9/12 BC 5/22-5/30 GF 7/11 6/10 Disney land 11/26 - 11/30 contemporay Contempory 09,08 Contempory resort 2007 POR2006 CB Off site 04/02/01
Tony NY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
ibcindyb
Earning My Ears

Yay, I'm second!
ibcindyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Count me in!!!!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
DreamingPink
Disney Veteran

I am in ....and Woohoo I have made it to the first page.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

I do have photos of the majority of our meals already posted on the Live Dining thread and since I am kind of technically inept, I'll just post the written reviews. Here we go! The players include myself( I have a tree-nut allergy), DH, DS(has a shellfish allergy) and DD(who is lactose intolerant). We were on the regular dining plan and as my threads title implies, we all ate too much!
Originally we planned to have our arrival meal at the Magic Kingdom, but best laid plans , we ended up at our resorts food court. We had just finished a 7 hr drive, and this was after spending the night 1/2 way in SC.. so we were all too hungry to wait until we got into the MK.
The food court sufficed, not the greatest, not the worst , but I think part of why we enjoyed this meal was the added flavor hunger added! I had the fish, rice and green beans. The fish was ok, beans and rice yucky. DD and Ds shared the jambalaya which they said was actually quite good and a small order of beignets( these things were awesome!). DH ate the fried chicken meal which was a huge portion, 2 large chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and baked beans , dessert was a 2-scoop bowl of cookies and cream ice-cream. He devoured it and gave it a thumbs up. All the meals came wirh cornbread whaich I thought was kind of blah. Overall, I thought the best part were the beignets! Maybe I was bummed that we settled for the food court over the MK, cause everyone else seemed happy with their food, but we didn't eat there again, except for mug refills and of course the heavenly powdery sugary fried beignet delights!
We did end up heading over to the MK that evening and used a snack credit on a Mickey soft pretzel, it was a really yummy soft pretzel! Mickey- shaped makes everything taste better, right?

Photos can be found on page 107 post#1598 of the live update thread.
Next up, Raglan Road.

Last edited by glasslipper; 01-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.
glasslipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
jabead
DIS Veteran

Here you go glasslipper!

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Fried Chicken Meal

Fish Dinner

Jambalaya

Then for their dessert, they had...

Beignets

Then glasslipper said, "We went to Magic Kingdom last night and had a Mickey pretzel as a snack!
It was very good and very cute!"

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

thanks Barb!!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

On our arrival night at MK, both DD and Ds came down with a bug of some sort, so they went back to the room and spent the entire next day in bed, so needless to say , plans were tweaked and instead of a day a DHS, they slept while DH and I had a lazy day off, the two of us even did a DVC tour which was cool! On to the food. We had a really late ADR for Raglan Road and everyone was feeling better and really hungry as we had all only eaten cereal in the room that morning. We were seated close to our 8:30 ADR time and it was super crowded, but our server was really efficient and friendly.
We enjoyed the bread, moist and yummy with the guinness reduction dip.
Dh went for his favorite, steak, as they call it, Serious Steak! He seriously loved it!! Ds had the Beefy Murray it was some kind of curry dish, he liked it a lot. DD had the fish and Chips, which I sampled, and we both agreed it was awesome. I was torn between the seafood chowder or the pie in the sky and I'm sorry to say I chose pie in the sky, because it was disappointing Too much pastry and I know this might sound strange, but I thought it had too much chicken. I like my pot pie with more veggies and broth, both lacking in this. I ate most of it only because I was really hungry.
For dessert DS had the bread pudding which he enjoyed, but couldn't finish. I was planning on ordering this for myself, but our server said there were nuts in the bread..boo. So I had the fruit plate and this was a good choice as I really enjoyed it. DH chose a strawberry and apple crumble that he inhaled and declared it to be very good! Dh and Ds each had a beer and I had a baileys coffee minus the whipped cream. I thought the coffee was just ok., but DS and DH really enjoyed their beers

final thoughts, really enjoyed the atmosphere, Irish dancers and singers! Liked the food, though I would order a different entree next time. Would definitely return!

Photos on pg 102 #1618 on the live update thread, (unless Barb comes to my rescue again)

Next up... assorted epcot CS and Biergarten..oompah!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
labfan
Mouseketeer

Great reviews so far. We'll be staying at POFQ in May.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
jabead
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road

"DH's Guinness, it was a hit!"

Young's Double Chocolate Stout - Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young's award winning rich, full flavored dark beer to craft a satisfying indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.

"My Bailey's Coffee, it was just okay."

Soda bread with Guinness reduction

Serious Steak – 10 oz sirloin topped with Irish whiskey marmalade glaze, with fresh basil oil, mashed potatoes & topped with beer battered onion rings.

Fish & Chips - Beer battered fish 'n chips served with fresh tartar sauce.

Beefy Murray - Beef curry pie with spinach, potatoes, mushrooms & apple chutney

Pie in the Sky - Reach new heights with our chicken & wild mushroom pie served with a (non -NASA) rocket lettuce

Then for their desserts, they chose...

Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding

[

Moore Street Market
Fresh fruit basket with natural yogurt and honey drizzle

Strawberry and apple crumble
Fresh Strawberry and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and fresh cream.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Barb, you rock!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
Great reviews so far. We'll be staying at POFQ in May.
This was our first stay at PORFQ. Previous visits we have stayed at CBR(nice, but very big) when the kids were really young, at POR during a tropical depression/monsoon(so not the best indicator) and at AKL 5 times and we absolutely love it there!I must say we were pleasantly surprised with PORFQ! It is small, quaint and comfy feeling, we all really liked the ferry transportation to DTD as well. It was nice walking back to the room at night and hearing the clippity-clop of horse hooves on the pavement as they pulled carriages along the small alleys of the resort! The jazzy music was a nice touch and all the CM's we encountered there were very pleasant and helpful. We also strolled along the riverside to POR to watch "yeehaa" Bob perform, OMG, he was hysterical! We were in BLDG. 2 with a pool-view, close to the boat dock. Really, close to everything! We would stay here again in a heartbeat! Have a great time in May!

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get the ice cream cookie sandwich with a snack credit,lol! Oh well, I got one at the Main Street Bakery and it was the best snack I ate all week!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Once World showcase opened, we started our lunch tour. My choice was the French Bakery, where I had the rustic cheese tartine, napoleon and a coffee. DH and DS each sampled the tartine and the napoleon they were both yummy, especially the napoleon..ahhh creamy goodness! Then we were off to England where DH and DS both had the Fish and Chips, sugar cookie an iced tead and a hot tea. They enjoyed the fish, but agreed it wasn't as tasty as DD;s from Raglan Road, both thought the sugar cookie was blah. DD's lunch choice was the Cantina in Mexico where she had the chicken tacos with chips and churritos. I sampled these and we both liked the chicken tacos, and thought the chips and churritos were not very good. DD said she missed the regular churros because they were great! Then while in Mexico we ventured into La Cava where I indulged in a deliciously yummy frozen strawberry margarita!

photos pg109 post #1627

That evening we ate dinner at Biergarten, this is where the overeating really began I really need to stay away from buffets! review coming up...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: