Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #151
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post

Main Street would be the location.
Is it outside of one of the stores (like part of a building) or any of the restaurants?
... this is going to drive me bonkers because I know what it is lol!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!

Last edited by Emteach; 01-18-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #152
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
For Friday :

Without looking, is it on an Opera House in the MK or am I thinking of DL?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #153
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDial View Post
After reading this i can't remember if i ever post this crops full pic.

That's beautiful Ed! I can't wait to get there and take some pictures!!!

I hope you are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
You've got it!

The story, for those who may not have seen it, revolves around Snow White and my very picky eater sister (she has sensory issues that affect her eating, can only handle certain textures). Amber decided at Akershus that she would try the Chicken breast (just plain, nothing on it) but when it arrived it wasnt the greatest. She, as I mentioned is super picky - always has been and nothing has been able to change that . She was pretty upset both in the food and herself but was alright. That being said every princess and our waitress kept asking her what was wrong with her meal and why the princess wasnt eating (they were just wanting to help but she started to get embarassed and started to tear up). Then they were asking what was wrong which made her even more upset lol. Now we get to Snow White (who has always been a special princess to my sister, even now at 13 she loves her). Snow White arrives at the table, takes Amber by the hand and takes off with her... she took her to the cold buffet and they got some bread and cheese (Snow White also told Amber that her favourite part of Akershus was dessert so if that was all she wanted that was okay too). When she returned to the table she gave Amber a big hug (all while staying in character, but also realizing Amber's age). It may have not seemed like a big deal but to Amber it was everything (and one of those small magical moments that made her trip )
That is such a great story! I remember the picture of the naked piece of chicken stabbed with the knife!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #154
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Yes, Amber killed the chicken breast!

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #155
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

my next offering

Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #156
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The story, for those who may not have seen it, revolves around Snow White and my very picky eater sister (she has sensory issues that affect her eating, can only handle certain textures). Amber decided at Akershus that she would try the Chicken breast (just plain, nothing on it) but when it arrived it wasnt the greatest. She, as I mentioned is super picky - always has been and nothing has been able to change that . She was pretty upset both in the food and herself but was alright. That being said every princess and our waitress kept asking her what was wrong with her meal and why the princess wasnt eating (they were just wanting to help but she started to get embarassed and started to tear up). Then they were asking what was wrong which made her even more upset lol. Now we get to Snow White (who has always been a special princess to my sister, even now at 13 she loves her). Snow White arrives at the table, takes Amber by the hand and takes off with her... she took her to the cold buffet and they got some bread and cheese (Snow White also told Amber that her favourite part of Akershus was dessert so if that was all she wanted that was okay too). When she returned to the table she gave Amber a big hug (all while staying in character, but also realizing Amber's age). It may have not seemed like a big deal but to Amber it was everything (and one of those small magical moments that made her trip )
Quote:
Yes, Amber killed the chicken breast!
Akershus creates good/funny memories. Our family vacation, 2010 gave us a funny one. We had breakfast there and DGD's were having their visits with each Princess. Our waitress was checking our table and addressed our, then 27 year old DD, asking her why SHE wasn't having her picture taken with HER favorite Princess. (DD is VERY young looking and is often "carded" when ordering an alcoholic beverage.) She just smiled and said "maybe later". Our waitress then handed her a CARD OF STICKERS telling her, "you are so sweet, letting your little SISTERS have their special time visiting and patiently waiting your turn." We all started laughing and asked the CM how old she thought DD was. Her answer..."I'd say around 12, maybe 13"!

We keep trying to tell her to ENJOY IT and be grateful she's still so young looking!
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #157
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
my next offering

Looks like maybe Mickey's shoes ... outside; and an inside stage area. Park, resort or other.
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #158
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it outside of one of the stores (like part of a building) or any of the restaurants?
... this is going to drive me bonkers because I know what it is lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Without looking, is it on an Opera House in the MK or am I thinking of DL?

Emteach...welcome to the MADDENING part of playing our game! Doesn't that drive you crazy when you KNOW you've seen the object of the photo but can't remember where? It IS outside one of the stores; not an Opera House Denise.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #159
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Akershus creates good/funny memories. Our family vacation, 2010 gave us a funny one. We had breakfast there and DGD's were having their visits with each Princess. Our waitress was checking our table and addressed our, then 27 year old DD, asking her why SHE wasn't having her picture taken with HER favorite Princess. (DD is VERY young looking and is often "carded" when ordering an alcoholic beverage.) She just smiled and said "maybe later". Our waitress then handed her a CARD OF STICKERS telling her, "you are so sweet, letting your little SISTERS have their special time visiting and patiently waiting your turn." We all started laughing and asked the CM how old she thought DD was. Her answer..."I'd say around 12, maybe 13"!

We keep trying to tell her to ENJOY IT and be grateful she's still so young looking!
Oh my goodness that is too funny! Love it!

Quote:

Emteach...welcome to the MADDENING part of playing our game! Doesn't that drive you crazy when you KNOW you've seen the object of the photo but can't remember where? It IS outside one of the stores; not an Opera House Denise.
It is isnt it lol.... I am now going through our pictures to see if anything pops out.

DDP Review

Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #160
SunDial

Quote:
Looks like maybe Mickey's shoes ... outside; and an inside stage area. Park, resort or other.
Yes those are Mickey's shoes. It is Outside and Is in a park.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #161
SunDial

Saturday humor

Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #162
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Lets see.... is it attached to one of the buildings or does it stand alone?

DDP Review

Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #163
Diane♥Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is it the Barber Shop pole?

ME DH : DS DD
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #164
Diane♥Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes those are Mickey's shoes. It is Outside and Is in a park.

Is it part of astatue or a parade float? Is it in the MK?

ME DH : DS DD
Old 01-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #165
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane♥Disney View Post
Is it the Barber Shop pole?
Yep, thats where I saw it lol!

DDP Review

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: