Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Kristina685
Earning My Ears

Smile Romantic and Fun Vaca

Hello! The BF and I are planning a trip to WDW in January 2014. We are both 28 and this will be our first time in Disney since we were in the 5th grade! So needless to say we are totally out of the loop with Disney planning!

I was wondering if you could help us out by telling us a few "don't miss" places in WDW (restaurants, bars, attractions) for a late-twenties couple. We are planning on staying at the Art of Animation hotel and can't wait to have a few drinks in the many countries of Epcot while watching the fireworks!

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Kristina685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

The closest bars to your location, other than your resort are:
Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, and ESPN Club all on the boadwalk at BWV.
Raglan Road at DTD usually has a live band.
Also, at DTD there is a free outdoor singer/group in front of House of Blues.
All the resorts have at least one bar with different DJs/acts depending on your tastes.
Enjoy your drinks around the world!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer

My fiancé and I are huge fans of Disney travel. We're both in our late 20s and have a blast when we go. I guess we're just a couple of big kids. Some of the most fun I've had at Disney was last trip. We went to Epcot and leisurely enjoyed drinks around the world. The plan wasn't to see how many drinks our countries we could get to but instead we enjoyed drinks, chatted and looked around each country. The tequila bar inside the Mexico pavilion and the Rose and crown pub were both great. We didn't have a schedule or a set plan it was awesome.

I have also read some great things about the new splitsville in Downtown Disney!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
pixie08
DIS Veteran

DH and I are in our early thirties, but WDW was the first place we vacationed together while dating. It has become a tradition. It can be a lot of fun if you do it right.

1. Raglan Road in DTD

2. Splitsville in DTD

3. The Boardwalk as mentioned. Have dinner, then stroll the boardwalk for evening entertainment and illuminations fireworks in the distance and end at Jellyrolls.

4. Drinking and eating around the world in EPCOT. I agree with the poster who suggested Rose and Crown and La Cava Tequila.

5. have dinner at the Polynesian and stroll on the beach afterwards (or check out wishes from the beach).

6.On your day at Magic Kingdom, leave the park to the monorail resorts for dinner, or better yet do the monorail crawl (take the loop and have a drink at each of the three resorts lounges...but eat something first lol)

7. Take some pool time.

8. Maybe hit the spa?

9. Parasailing at the Contemporary
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
andrewlb54
Earning My Ears

Ideas

My wife and I try to do something different every time we go and its usually up to me to do the planning. One of our favorite things we have tried is the "Monorail Crawl". Its the same idea as a pub crawl but you get go to the different bars at the Big 3 on the monorail. What makes it even more fun is the Bartenders encourage it. If you are so inclined, they will even make you a to go drink to take to your next stop. If you time it right, you'll be on the beach at the Polynesian for Wishes. Each bar has a pretty great food selection too, so no need to get dinner, you can just snack along the way. When you are all done, just get off at the ticket and transportation center and catch your bus back to Port Orleans. Simple, fun and no driving! Another thing we love to do is go to Jellyrollz on The Boardwalk. It's a dueling piano bar and they are a ton of fun to watch and listen too. A drawback is that there is no food here besides complimentary popcorn and because it's the Boardwalk, you'll have to drive. World Showcase at night is one of the more beautiful sights to see for us, so an evening of snacking and a few drinks around the world is another one of our favorites. Raglan Road in Downtown Disney is quickly becoming one of our favorite stops. The mix of Irish step dancing and some great musicians is a blast. The food there is also unique and quite tasty. I know these ideas revolving around drinking, and that may not be what you are into. You definitely don't need to drink to make these ideas fun.

Dinner spots if you can make them work:

1. Be Our Guest if you love Beauty and the Beast is an incredible atmosphere.

2. Le Cellier in Canada is really good as well. Great steaks and cheddar cheese soup.

3. Ohana' in the Polynesian, family style dinner if you like pork, chicken, steak and shrimp. It's all you can eat and save room for dessert.

Those are some of our top spots, but I'm sure alot of people will have some other great suggestions.
andrewlb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

DH and I are taking our first kid-free trip to Disney in May, and I am loving these ideas! It's funny - I wouldn't describe us as HUGE Disney fans. In fact, we've only gone once, with our family. But, when we talked about vacation plans (all-inclusive beach places, etc.), Disney was the clear winner.
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
AngryPineapple
Earning My Ears

DH And I are going in December to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and this will be the first time that we will be going without family.

FW and POR both offer horse drawn carriage rides. Its sounds romantic and sounds like a great way to relax with each other. We haven't done it but will.
AngryPineapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: