Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

How is the gym at the Contemporary?

title pretty much says it all. Thoughts?

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman View Post
title pretty much says it all. Thoughts?
Funny you should be asking that as I plan on posting the new CR/BLT information thread tomorrow. I have many Olympiad gym photos in it. I'll post the link to the new thread for you here tomorrow.

To answer your question, it's not my favorite gym, Sturdy Branches at WL is. But, it has pretty much everything all the other resort gyms have. What I don't like are the super low ceilings above the treadmills and the fact that there aren't any windows. It's like a health club bunker down there and a pretty small one at that.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you might have.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
jrtoastyman

Thanks for the intel. Mostly curious about the cardio and free weight situation:

1. Do the cardio machines have TVs (or are there at least TVs in the area)?
2. What do they have from a free weight standpoint? I'm assuming it's basically a set of dumbbells? They don't have things like weight benches and cages that use those large plate weights that you manually load onto bars, do they?

Owner since June 2011

DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtoastyman View Post
Thanks for the intel. Mostly curious about the cardio and free weight situation:

1. Do the cardio machines have TVs (or are there at least TVs in the area)?
2. What do they have from a free weight standpoint? I'm assuming it's basically a set of dumbbells? They don't have things like weight benches and cages that use those large plate weights that you manually load onto bars, do they?
There are TVs mounted on the wall above the mirrors in front of the treadmills.

There is a Smith Machine (rack) for squatting and benching with plenty of rubber weight plates, free-weights, plus Cybex machines. There are cable crossovers, too.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
WDWKOOK

I notice that your trip is very soon so I thought I'd just post my Olympiad photos now instead of waiting to post the link to my new thread later today. I copied this from my new thread which isn't up yet - it's like a sneak preview!

THE OLYMPIAD HEALTH CLUB is located on the third floor and is free of charge to all CR and BLT guests. 24-hour access is gained using your KTTW card. An attendant is on duty from about 6-6:30 AM until 7 PM. Massage treatments are available by appointment from 8 AM until 8 PM.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
jrtoastyman

thank you!

Owner since June 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: