Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #47
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I hear you Amy about the taco salads. I LOVE them!! I tried making some last weekend but did not even come close to Peco's Bills.

That would be great if we were both there in Oct. at the same time!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #48
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

I love these:

Me, too! And that's a perfect blue sky behind it.

It's going to hurt when October rolls around. We don't have a trip planned.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your pictures from Epcot! So pretty

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #51
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Love the Boardwalk... too bad you had to wait for your room but it seems to be a common thing...

Love your F&W experience so far... and great Disney Magic to get those tickets for the wine seminar from the CM... (I am totally desperate to go for F&W... and the Halloween Party...)

Those chocolate sculptures are very impressive...

Even though I'm sure you were worried about your little peeps at home... it must have been liberating to be there by yourselves... no kid's meals...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #52
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I hear you Amy about the taco salads. I LOVE them!! I tried making some last weekend but did not even come close to Peco's Bills.

That would be great if we were both there in Oct. at the same time!!
Some things just can't be duplicated! I can't wait for my next taco salad in April! That and a Dole Whip!

I'll keep you posted on my October plans. Where are you staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Me, too! And that's a perfect blue sky behind it.

It's going to hurt when October rolls around. We don't have a trip planned.
It was a gorgeous day! I was trying to get a good Mickey Pumpkin for my facebook profile!

Bummer about no October trip! But you have others planned, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love your pictures from Epcot! So pretty
The weather was great and Disney does such a great job with the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I finally had one of those taco salads in Oct. YUM! It is a great CS option.

Fun afternoon...can't wait to see what's next. Some nice PP pictures too
Love me a Pecos Bills taco salad!! It's nice to get something different at a counter service spot. We had fun getting a lot of PP pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Love the Boardwalk... too bad you had to wait for your room but it seems to be a common thing...

Love your F&W experience so far... and great Disney Magic to get those tickets for the wine seminar from the CM... (I am totally desperate to go for F&W... and the Halloween Party...)

Those chocolate sculptures are very impressive...

Even though I'm sure you were worried about your little peeps at home... it must have been liberating to be there by yourselves... no kid's meals...
I love the Boardwalk & Food & Wine! And I really love them together! You should definitely get down there during F&W!

Not so much worried about things at home but all of the emails from school & activities come to my email account. Our family account has gotten so bogged down with spam & advertisement that I stopped sending important things there. I had to keep tabs on things so I could forward them along to home.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #53
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I’m not sure if we did much else that night at MK because our next pictures have us at the Top of the World Lounge to watch Wishes!

Uh oh.. I was getting in trouble with the girls again!

Electrical Water Pagent:

We had planned for a cab tonight & it worked out perfectly! Our ride was there in no time & we were headed to our home for the next few days.
Some pictures on the way up to our room:

Not our door… I don’t think?? Julie decorated our door but now I don’t remember what it looked like. And obviously it wouldn't have been decorated yet since we were just heading up there for the first time!

Continued...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #55
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

It was so great walking over to BLT ( my home) to watch the fireworks. I was thrilled to "show off" a bit of my resort world. It was quite cool, that the lounge was open to any DVC member...not sure if it still is, but if you ever have any opportunity to go up there do it!

I think we had meant to go grab some cupcakes or food first from over in CR, but I think I messed that up. But we had a grand time anyways. I was the only one who got a drink...mmmm....not something I'd do if watching the works w/ the kids.

One of my several injuries occurred again this night too...( I had already banged the back of my thigh at my zero night hotel) as I was returning my drink glass into the lounge, I basically opened the heavy door right onto my toe...didn't quite realize how nasty till back to the room. good thing Heidi had all her foot care bandages.

The boardwalk decor and attention to detail was amazing, I loved it and kept snapping pictures :-)

I am always thrilled to see other doors or windows decorated too! I know there is a picture of our door somewhere....and actually the Halloween clings Heidi brought for our windows and mirrors!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #56
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your Wishes pictures - great view! Your room is really pretty too, and a pool view without the clown is awesome!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #57
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up after my week off from the DIS last week with illness and work.

I love the Halloween decorations at the MK and I think we will miss them this year since we are going mid-August...I don't think they are up that early.

What a wonderful view from BLT to watch Wishes, etc. And someone was in trouble I gather because she was on the phone again.

LOVE the view from your room of the pool without the clown (I wouldn't mid that view in December). I do love the decor of the rooms and am getting a little bit more excited about staying at BWV in December.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #58
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Kathy as Amy said before that was my first time staying at the BWV and thrilled to get to stay there again in April with Matt :-)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #59
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

It was a gorgeous day! I was trying to get a good Mickey Pumpkin for my facebook profile!

Bummer about no October trip! But you have others planned, right?

Yes, ma'am, we do - March for me, April for Jill (long story, and I will miss my girls big time in March ), June for six of us, and December for hopefully 9-10 of us.

Great shots from BLT! We have watched 4th of July fireworks from up there.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #60
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

Hi there! FABULOUS idea for a "Ladies only" trip!! Looks like a great time and I'm loving it so far!
Mom of an Aspie son here! He's 20 & amazing btw! We are dropping in on Disney for a week in April along with my 16 year old daughter. Leaving the Mister at home. He's not a fan of DW like I am! I continue to tell him something is wrong with him! LOL!
I hope to keep up on your TR. Thanks for sharing with us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: