Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #16
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Loved the intros; can't wait for the fun to begin.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I am here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Here!

As Dory said towards the end of Finding Nemo, "Now this is gonna be good!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm counting on you girls for some fun entertainment as I countdown the nine weeks until my next trip. Amy, I know you better than the others, but I hope to get to know them through this TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
Better late than never on your TR! I never did get around to writing one for my October 2011 trip.

I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Loved the intros; can't wait for the fun to begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I am here!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

First off, I want to say thanks to everyone who has joined us! Second, the pictures that I post in this TR won't all be mine. They are a combination of pictures that we have uploaded into a shared account. If Julie posts, she'll be in the same boat. Now that they are all mixed together, it's hard to say which pictures came from which camera!

Wednesday, October 10th started early… at least for me & Heidi. I’ll let Julie chime in about her “Day Zero” travels, as she flew down to Orlando the night before due to her flight time being changed a couple times. Heidi & I both live in NH so we flew together out of Manchester. There aren’t any pictures so I’ll skip over this… plus my memory is starting to fail me as I approach 40!

Heidi & I arrived on schedule (9:30-10:30ish??) and started texting Julie to let her know we were there. She stayed at a hotel near the airport & was planning to meet us at the airport to ride the Magical Express bus with us to the Boardwalk. We met up just before the ME area & were soon on a bus (a real ME bus) on our way to our castle for the next four nights.

On the bus, Julie gave us some goody bags that included these amazing headbands that represented each of our chosen princesses:

Trying to get the perfect picture of the gateway to WDW:

When we checked in, they told us our room wasn’t ready.

Of course I knew this was a possibility (and very likely) but I’ve always had good luck staying onsite & having my room ready early so I was a bit surprised. We would get a text when our room was ready & they told us that our two reservations were linked & we didn’t have to move! Yay! I’ll probably forget to tell this story later so I’ll tell you now… Since we had added the extra night, we had two reservations. What we didn’t realize was that the original 3 night reservation was in my name and the added on first night was somehow in Heidi’s name. (We rented points so our DVC host made the reservations for us.) They had said our new room keys would be under our door early the next morning & we wouldn’t have to visit the desk again. Well they were wrong… due to the two different names on the ressie, we did have to go back down & get things straightened out. But it all worked out ok.

Since the room wasn’t ready, we went over to the Bellevue lounge, changed our clothes & reorganized our bags. We left our carry-ons with luggage services and headed out to Epcot!

This was a common theme for this trip… me checking in at home (or checking my phone to see if anyone needed anything) and it did irritate my traveling companions from time to time.

Nice shot of my new Snow White headband in that picture though.

Off to Epcot!

My favorite part of the Boardwalk is the short walk over to the International Gateway!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I'm IN! Sounds like a blast!
Love the headbands, where did you guys find them?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What adorable headbands.

Sorry your luck went out with the room being ready.

Thanks for the photos of BWI; we are staying for the very first time in December. I'm not a real fan of clowns and the pool, but I figured I won't be swimming, so we might as well give the resort a whirl and love that it is convenient to Epcot and we can meet Nicki and Todd at the entrance as they walk over from the Dolphin.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #22
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I am in!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Cute headbands! Our room wasn't ready either at the BWV in Oct and I'm going to assume it won't be on our next trip. It can be a bit of a drag waiting for it but looks like you guys got up and out of there pretty quickly and that the weather was lovely.

DVC is funny with the name thing, I've heard so many stories of names messed up on reservations that I always triple check mine. Would have been nice if it was really keys under your door but still wonderful that you didn't have to move.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I came over from Amy's TR! Can't wait to read along.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I loved what I read on your pre trip report, but I don't make it over to PTR land very often so I didn't keep up. Bad follower!

No apologies needed on copying the intro. It is fantastic!

I can't wait to read all about your amazing trip!

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 01-17-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #26
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Very cute headbands!

Cannot wait to hear more.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #27
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Arrow Julie's day zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

I’ll let Julie chime in about her “Day Zero” travels, as she flew down to Orlando the night before due to her flight time being changed a couple times.
as requested, here's a quick update:

as Amy said I decided not to long before our trip, because I was most and that I'd be arriving in on Wed several hours later than the ladies, I changed my flight to fly out Tuesday evening to Orlando and stay at an area hotel for the night. The $ plan was I'd now just take a carryon bag and NOT pay for baggage fees in trade for the new hotel cost.... hmmm seemed like a good plan....

I had no major issues flying down accept that our flight was overbooked and several people had to bring their extra carryon bag to the gate to be checked for free

now I'd have to go to baggage claim after all, which um when was the last time I did that at MCO

the flight was fine going down, luckily sat next to two quiet ladies. I watched Snow White and the Hunstman on my ipad.

so fast foward to arrival, got in, got the bag, got myself mixed up finding the hotel shuttle pick-up, didnt have to wait long (which I was most thankful for) as the only person on the shuttle back to the Ramada I had my phone in my hand the whole time

I had this lovely suite for my "me party"

its coming need to get off my phone....

shoot to the next morning and I had my breakfast:

think I have enough creamer? lol

then got to the airport and my luck was w/ me again as the nice shuttle driver dropped me off at arrivals instead of at departures as they really should had, I was quite relieved....
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #28
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I'm IN! Sounds like a blast!
Love the headbands, where did you guys find them?
Julie will have to chime in on the headbands... I think she got them from a seller on etsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What adorable headbands.

Sorry your luck went out with the room being ready.

Thanks for the photos of BWI; we are staying for the very first time in December. I'm not a real fan of clowns and the pool, but I figured I won't be swimming, so we might as well give the resort a whirl and love that it is convenient to Epcot and we can meet Nicki and Todd at the entrance as they walk over from the Dolphin.
I feel so much more settled when I've checked into my room but it all worked out OK.

I absolutely love staying at the Boardwalk! I think you will have a great time staying there. Just ignore the clown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I am in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Cute headbands! Our room wasn't ready either at the BWV in Oct and I'm going to assume it won't be on our next trip. It can be a bit of a drag waiting for it but looks like you guys got up and out of there pretty quickly and that the weather was lovely.

DVC is funny with the name thing, I've heard so many stories of names messed up on reservations that I always triple check mine. Would have been nice if it was really keys under your door but still wonderful that you didn't have to move.
Knowing how booked up the resort was for that weekend, I'm really not surprised the room wasn't ready.

The whole name thing was a bit strange! But you'd have thought the CM would have noticed that as a potential issue when we originally checked in. Oh well... that worked out fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I came over from Amy's TR! Can't wait to read along.
Hi Kelli! Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I loved what I read on your pre trip report, but I don't make it over to PTR land very often so I didn't keep up. Bad follower!

No apologies needed on copying the intro. It is fantastic!

I can't wait to read all about your amazing trip!

Dee
Hi Dee!! Glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Very cute headbands!

Cannot wait to hear more.
Thanks Doreen! I smile every time I look at my headband!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #29
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
as requested, here's a quick update:

as Amy said I decided not to long before our trip, because I was most and that I'd be arriving in on Wed several hours later than the ladies, I changed my flight to fly out Tuesday evening to Orlando and stay at an area hotel for the night. The $ plan was I'd now just take a carryon bag and NOT pay for baggage fees in trade for the new hotel cost.... hmmm seemed like a good plan....

I had no major issues flying down accept that our flight was overbooked and several people had to bring their extra carryon bag to the gate to be checked for free

now I'd have to go to baggage claim after all, which um when was the last time I did that at MCO

the flight was fine going down, luckily sat next to two quiet ladies. I watched Snow White and the Hunstman on my ipad.

so fast foward to arrival, got in, got the bag, got myself mixed up finding the hotel shuttle pick-up, didnt have to wait long (which I was most thankful for) as the only person on the shuttle back to the Ramada I had my phone in my hand the whole time

I had this lovely suite for my "me party"

its coming need to get off my phone....

shoot to the next morning and I had my breakfast:

think I have enough creamer? lol

then got to the airport and my luck was w/ me again as the nice shuttle driver dropped me off at arrivals instead of at departures as they really should had, I was quite relieved....
It was so nice that you were able to get to Orlando to meet us when we got off our plane! Glad everything when smoothly!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

First stop – Canada!
Me… eating my plain filet.

You’ll find lots of random pictures like this… I’m not sure who got this, where they got it or what it is!

Must have been a dessert trio:

Some sort of pork slider:

Me, trying something new:

Our first F&W beverages... sooooo good!

Happy to be at Disney:

Shrimp on the barbie!

We checked out the Festival Center & also the Chase Lounge. These creations were super cool:

Relaxing in the AC with some free sodas!

Continued...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: