Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

Once upon a time, in the distant lands of New Hampshire and Illinois lived 3 ordinary Princesses with extraordinary lives. You see each of these princesses although they didnt know it yet their lives soon would be intertwined for all time.

One Princess worked as a part time bookkeeper and managed the daily needs of her two young sons who needed extra special love and care. She found respite in a fairy tale book called the DisBoards&

Another Princess worked out of her home, managing a busy life with two young children with her castle being remolded. She found respite in a fairy tale book called the DisBoards&

The third Princess also worked at home caring for her growing family of four and the never ending needs of raising these children and caring for her injured Prince. She found respite in a fairy tale book called the DisBoards&

As the third princess was planning an ever needed vacation to the Wonderland known as Disney World she met the two other Princesses through the fairy tale book. It came known to them quite quickly they were alike in so many ways.

Years passed and they finally all met face to face with a larger group of Princesses. Before that fateful day though, two of the Princesses were already conspiring a new chapter in their fairy tale book of how to go to this Disney World Together&well now the tale has begun.

Come Join in as these 3 very hard-working Princesses go on vacation together&

Before I get to introductions, I want to thank everyone who is reading along! Our trip was over three months ago, but with family life & the holidays, our TR just didnt happen right away. Im sure our memories are foggy so this will be picture heavy. We hope you enjoy!

And yes, I am cheating... this post & our intros are copied from our PTR!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 04-13-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Saved for links!

Introductions - Amy - page 1
Introductions - Heidi - page 1
Introductions - Julie - page 1
Arrival! - page 2
Julie's Day Zero - page 2
Day One - Epcot - part 1 - page 2
Day One - Epcot - part 2 - page 3
Day One - Epcot - part 3 - page 3
Day One - MK
Day One - Top of the World! - page 4
Day One - Our room - page 4
Day 2 - DHS - Part 1
Day 2 - DHS - Part 2
Day 2 - DHS - Part 3
MNSSHP - part 1
MNSSHP - part 2
Day 3
More Day 3
3D Dessert Party
Day 4 - parks 1 & 2
Day 4 - park 3
Day 4 - Park 4 - New Fantasyland
Day 4 - Park 4 - New Fantasyland - part two
Day 5 - Part 1
Day 5 - Part 2
Day 5 - Part 3
Day 5 - Part 4
Day 5 - Part 5
Day 5 - Part 6
Day 5 - Part 7
Day 5 - Part 8 - THE END!!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 04-13-2013 at 05:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun trip! I'll follow along

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I can't wait to read all about this trip.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Here as well... Should be since I'm one of those crazy Princesses
Thanks to Amy for finally getting this started, it will be fun looking at all the photos and re living the laughs together :-)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Checking in. I will try to keep up.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Sounds like a fun trip! I'll follow along

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here. I can't wait to read all about this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Can't wait to hear how this turns out!
Gee, I wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Here as well... Should be since I'm one of those crazy Princesses
Thanks to Amy for finally getting this started, it will be fun looking at all the photos and re living the laughs together :-)
I can't wait to look back through the photos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here! This will be a fun ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Checking in. I will try to keep up.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Before I jump to the introductions (which I have also cheated & copied from our PTR with a few tweeks) I should answer the questions everyone always wants to know... where and when??

We stayed in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas with a pool view. This was my third time staying at the Boardwalk (second time at the villas). This has become my favorite resort because of the location. It can't be beat! It was Heidi & Julie's first time staying there.

We were there from Wednesday 10/10 - Sunday 10/14/12. We were originally booked for Thursday 10/11 - Sunday 10/14 but Heidi convinced us to add on a day to fit in all of the special events we wanted to attend.

So here we go... who are we?

I’m Amy aka DisMomAmy.

I have chosen Snow White as my alter ego for the trip. When I was trying to decide between Snow White & Belle, Julie sent me this description and I knew I had to pick her!

"Snow White is sweet and demure, is great at organization and taking care of a home full of boys."

I love the part about taking care of a house full of boys! And I think she is the princess I most resemble.

This was my 16th trip… most of which have been in the last 5-6 years. I met Julie & Heidi on the DIS – they are two of the first people I met & we have kept in close contact over the years. Heidi & I even get together occasionally since we only live about an hour and a half away from each other here in NH.

At home, I’m primarily a SAHM taking care of my DH & two boys, Alex (12) and Zach (9), who are both on the autism spectrum. I also do some part time bookkeeping to make a little money for my Disney habit! I’ve been married to Tim for 16 years and we celebrated our 15th at Disney in November 2011.

Our next trip is coming up in April & I can’t wait to get back!

Like Snow White, I love taking care of my boys:

Life can get a little stressful at times:

But can also be lots of fun!

OK so here’s my real family!

I have several PTRs & TRs (links in my signature) that you can read if you want to learn more about us. If you want to read about our planning for this trip, here is the link: Cheers to Friendship – A ladies weekend – Oct 2012
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Greetings! I’m Heidi (MRYPPNS) (Written by Heidi but posted by Amy... sorry for any confusion!)

I asked the ladies to pick a princess to represent them for the trip because I always like to do a theme or logo for my trip binder. I knew right away Rapunzel was my girl. Amy or Julie asked me why Rapunzel and my reply was “because she whacks Flynn Rider with a frying pan when she first meets him!” lol

Then Julie sent me this: “Rapunzel is a dreamer at heart and gets along with everyone, she is very clever and daring, but is loyal to those who trust and respect her.” I was surprised how much that sounded like me in real life.

This trip was my 11th WDW vacation. Number 12 is coming up soon in April with my family
(DH John, son Liam and daughter Danica)

It’s sort of surreal how much Amy, Julie and I have in common….one of the things we don’t have in common is writing trip reports….I just can’t keep up so they will be doing most of the reporting here and I’ll chime in when I can.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Let’s meet Scrappie… (Again, written by Julie, posted by Amy)

HI I’m Mouse Scrapper or Scrappie or Julie and my alter ego will be Jasmine for this trip…

Jasmine is a go getter but a pleaser too. She loves fine things but doesn't mind roughing it either. I like that she doesn't get pushed around and loves her "prince" plus Matt and I have a sweet spot for this movie

This was my 12th trip and 2nd time going w/ friends! I couldn’t wait to see Amy & Heidi! We FB, email, and chat over the phone A LOT! I truly hold them in the highest regard and count on them long distance for their advice, support and friendship!

I am happily married to Matt (going on 17 years) and we have 4 children: Nathan, Rebekah (twins almost 14), Rachel (10) and Naomi-Ruth (6).

I work at home as a SAHM and a private caregiver to two young babies, 1 of which is my niece. Besides getting on the DIS when I can, caring for my family and the babies, I enjoy scrapbooking and crafting.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #14
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I'm counting on you girls for some fun entertainment as I countdown the nine weeks until my next trip. Amy, I know you better than the others, but I hope to get to know them through this TR.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Better late than never on your TR! I never did get around to writing one for my October 2011 trip.

I can't wait to read all about your adventures!

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: