Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Help me plan where to eat.

I have 7 days until I have to book my reservations. Here are the TS I decided on.. ( It will be me, SO & our just turned 6 year old DD)
(also, I've already looked into the menus.. I'd just like first hand views.)

Cinderella's Royal Table, Breakfast.. Hopefully BBB before it.
RainForest Cafe, Down Town Disney.. Dinner.
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Lunch or dinner, I'm not sure yet. What do you think is better?
Chef Mickeys, Dinner.
50s Prime Time, Dinner.
Crystals Palace. I was thinking Breakfast.. Did everyone who tried this place enjoy it?

Please let me know your opinions on my above picks. If you liked them, didn't like them, what you thought of the food & so on.

Now, I know I dont make reservations for CS meals.. BUT I'd like to have an idea of where to go. The less time I waste looking for places to eat, the more time I have riding rides & seeing other things. So, what are your fav CS places to eat? Any info you would like to give.. I'd more then appreciate!

Last edited by Snooks23; 01-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Snooks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We love Crystal Palace breakfast. My family loved Chef Mickey's, me not so much (very noisy, chaotic and crowded). Never done the princess meals.

As for CS, we like Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's at MK, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (or anywhere in the WS), Flame Tree BBQ in AK, Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney, and really, I can't recommend any CS in the Studios other than Starring Rolls bakery. Avoid ABC Commissary! Backlot is OK but mainly I try to eat elsewhere when visiting HS (you can easily boat to the WS in Epcot if you have park hoppers).
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
julie4423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post
I have 7 days until I have to book my reservations. Here are the TS I decided on.. ( It will be me, SO & our just turned 6 year old DD)

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Lunch or dinner, I'm not sure yet.
Chef Mickeys, Dinner.
50s Prime Time, Dinner.
Crystals Palace. I was thinking Breakfast.. Did everyone who tried this place enjoy it?

Please let me know your opinions on my above picks. If you liked them, didn't like them, what you thought of the food & so on.

Now, I know I dont make reservations for CS meals.. BUT I'd like to have an idea of where to go. The less time I waste looking for places to eat, the more time I have riding rides & seeing other things. So, what are your fav CS places to eat? Any info you would like to give.. I'd more then appreciate!
I've only been to 2 of these. I loved Akershus dinner and 50s PT. I would definitely do both again. As for QS, there are so many good options (although most of them are at Epcot). I'll just list a fav for each park. MK-CHH, AK-Flame Tree, Epcot-Mexico!, HS-This is my least favorite QS park. I usually just snack from Starring Rolls. I would also say WPE for DTD is amazing!
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Circus181920
Mouseketeer

Ate at 50's PT for the 1st time last week! The atmosphere was great and the food was good! I had the fried chicken and it was excellent-the portion they give is HUGE!

For TS, I would recommend: EPCOT: tutto italia, teppan edo
MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, crystal palace

For QS: Be our guest (for lunch) is a "must do", imo. The pork entree was excellent and the desserts were amazing! The atmosphere and attention to detail in the restaurant are AMAZING! In MK, we also like: columbia harbour house and pecos bill.

In Epcot: mexico, china, japan, sunshine seasons (especially for breakfast)
In AK: yak and yet cs (the food is good and the portions are HUGE), flametree bbq (good ribs and pulled pork & onion rings)
In HS: starring rolls (for lunch you can get a HUGE ham or turkey sandwich with an even bigger cupcake for dessert for just 1 qs credit)

hope this helps
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Several of your choices are great--we love 50's PT, thought Akershus was beautiful, and LOVE Crystal Palace's breakfast! Although I've never been to CM or CRT, many people tend to like them (and your daughter should love them!).

I would hesitate on Rainforest Cafe--I have not been to the Downtown Disney location, but have been to one before. I think the food is fair at best, and somewhat overpriced for the quality. I would recommend T-Rex (if you're looking for a fun atmosphere) or Raglan Road (which also has entertainment of Irish dancers, and excellent food). An even better idea is to scrap a restaurant reservation at DD and eat at Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace--it's fabulous! Great pizza, spaghetti, and cheesecake. Bonus points if you swap the DD restaurant for another Epcot choice, like Teppan Edo or Biergarten.

Quick Service
MK - Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbour House
EP - Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
HS - Starring Rolls (CUPCAKES!), Min and Bill's
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Several of your choices are great--we love 50's PT, thought Akershus was beautiful, and LOVE Crystal Palace's breakfast! Although I've never been to CM or CRT, many people tend to like them (and your daughter should love them!).

I would hesitate on Rainforest Cafe--I have not been to the Downtown Disney location, but have been to one before. I think the food is fair at best, and somewhat overpriced for the quality. I would recommend T-Rex (if you're looking for a fun atmosphere) or Raglan Road (which also has entertainment of Irish dancers, and excellent food). An even better idea is to scrap a restaurant reservation at DD and eat at Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace--it's fabulous! Great pizza, spaghetti, and cheesecake. Bonus points if you swap the DD restaurant for another Epcot choice, like Teppan Edo or Biergarten.

Quick Service
MK - Pecos Bills, Columbia Harbour House
EP - Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
HS - Starring Rolls (CUPCAKES!), Min and Bill's
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

It's may be a dumb question, but where is the Market place?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, I'm sitting here looking into all of these! Keep them coming!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
julie4423
Mouseketeer

WPE is a QS restaurant in DTD. There are several different areas to DTD. I have to agree that the food here is amazing! Some if the best QS on property.
julie4423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Lunch or dinner, I'm not sure yet. What do you think is better?
Chef Mickeys, Dinner.
50s Prime Time, Dinner.

I love CP breakfast!! Hmm, maybe instead of Chef Mickeys, try Garden Grill (Mickey is there along with Pluto and Chip and Dale). Food was very good when we went.

I enjoyed 50s Prime Time. All of your selections are great for your daughter.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: