Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
k-wa
Mouseketeer

Would you / have you snuck in your 3-year-old?

The child price for park tickets seem so expensive considering my child won't meet height requirements for a lot of rides. So ... would you / have you?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-wa View Post
The child price for park tickets seem so expensive considering my child won't meet height requirements for a lot of rides. So ... would you / have you?
No, and it is against policy on this site to discuss ways to break Disney rules.

There are very few rides with a height requirement considering the vast amount of rides on property. Newborns can ride most things. If you do not wish to pay for a ticket, you should go before they turn three. This thread will likely be locked or deleted, so if it goes missing, you'll know why.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
mommy2_3
DIS Veteran

i will have a child who will turn 3 2 months before we go. and i will also have a child who is turning 2 a month before we go. no i will not try and sneak in my 3yr old.

All star sports-5/24/13
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We hadn't gone to WDW yet, so this is about disneyland. We went when DS was 1 (and free) and 2 (and free). By the time he was 3, we were SO excited that he was big enough to have his own ticket! He enjoyed the heck out of that visit; he got to ride almost everything, he enjoyed the sights, the sounds, even just the experience. He LOVED being there, and was an active participant, not just a baby looking around at things.

We were happy to pay for him, and we all got APs that year. Since Disneyland was ahead of WDW in charging the same price to everyone for APs, we paid a lot for his AP, and had no qualms about doing so.

A 3 year old can enjoy the park to the same extent that an adult can, even if they can't go on every single one of the rides.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
~Kristina~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
No, and it is against policy on this site to discuss ways to break Disney rules.

There are very few rides with a height requirement considering the vast amount of rides on property. Newborns can ride most things. If you do not wish to pay for a ticket, you should go before they turn three. This thread will likely be locked or deleted, so if it goes missing, you'll know why.
Agreed. In MK there are what 4 rides with a height restriction? Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it's less than that! The costs sucks, but they're a business.

August 14-19, 2014 AKL Anniversary trip, w/o the kids!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

No, I did not sneak my 3 yr old in. He turned 3 less than a month before we went. Its not worth taking a risk like that. My son has been going since he was 3 months and honestly has rode a ton of rides since then, in fact the only new ones that he was able to get on this year was the new Barnstormer and Go-Carts at Magic Kingdom.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Kristian
Mouseketeer

No I wouldn't and I beg to differ about a 3 year old not being able to enjoy Disney parks. In September, we took our then 3 year old on her first trip. She rode almost everything...including many of the "bigger" attractions, including: Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Soarin, Dinosaur, Big Thunder Mt. Railroad, Splash Mt., etc. Not to mention she rode all the attractions that don't require a height limit to ride. There are like 4 rides left out of everything at Disney that she couldn't ride and with Disney having around 50+ attractions (give or take), I know that we got our $$$ worth. I suggest you either go to Disney before your child turns 3, or plan to pay for a ticket because it is so worth it. Yes, my child is a bit on the taller side, however there are plenty of rides for all ages.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

No. But we have squeezed in a last minute trip a few days before a child's 3rd birthday. Perfectly legal in the eyes of the Disney gods .
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Nanu57v
Someone needs to tell the Tag Fairy to consult with me about spelling
Has her priorities in the right place

We too have snuck in trips right before the 3rd birthday, but we've always gotten them tickets when they are 3. At just before 3, DD was tall enough for Goofy's Barnstormer, meaning she only missed out on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Stitch's Great Escape.

Me DH DD7 DD2
Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

absolutely not.

I also don't lie about his age when we ate at Sweet Tomatoes, nor at the movie theater.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

No, I did not, even when he didn't quite make it to 40". I know people who have, though I don't agree with it.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Who wants to take bets on how long before this thread gets closed lol
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-wa View Post
I have not done it, nor would I. I never lie about my child's age to save money on admissions anywhere. I have a child who would loudly proclaim her age if asked, so why take the chance?

Honestly, there are far more rides and shows that a child CAN enjoy than those they can't. At WDW there are really not that many rides with height restrictions compared to the total number of rides that there are. We took our youngest for his first trip at age 9 months, and he was able to go on MANY of the rides. When you go to the park, you aren't paying only for the rides, you are also paying for the atmosphere, the parades, the shows, the landscape, etc, so your child will still get to enjoy LOTS.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
scoutie
DIS Veteran

No. What kind of lesson would the child learn? That's it's ok to cheat and lie.

Boo.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

My DD3 is quite small for her age and we could probably pull it off if we wanted to, but no, I have not nor would I for the reasons others have stated. We did, however, schedule a trip last year right before she turned 3 so we could get one more trip in before we had to start paying for her.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: