Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
ARIELvsURSULA
Mouseketeer

What are the best dates fall/winter

A few questions, please bear with me.

Looking to make a fall or winter trip this year.. what are the best times to travel for the lowest airfare and hotel rates? I do plan to stay onsite, but probably a value or moderate. When do they offer lower rates on those rooms? Not too concerned about park crowds, I'm too busy having fun to worry about lines.

Holiday questions. When do holiday decorations come out? I don't mind missing the giant events like the halloween or christmas parties, I realize those are crowded and high park times, I'd just to see some of the decorations for the first time ever.
ARIELvsURSULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

September after Labor Day weekend is probably the least busiest and cheapest time to go, and IMO the best time to go because it's still warm enough to use the pools, it's not crowded and you will have a chance to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Disney usually offers discounts - 30% of rooms or free dining for that time period. They will probably start offering it late in the spring. October is a nice time too because then you can take advantage of the halloween party and the Food & Wine festival at Epcot.

I belive Thanksgiving week is a peak time so that will be expensive, but the week after Thanksgiving (first week in December) is supposed to be pretty low cost. That time of year would also have the Christmas party and decorations. I have friends that went then and they had a wonderful time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
ARIELvsURSULA
Mouseketeer

Great advice, thank you!! I suppose I'll wait around a few months and see if I get sent a code, or at least for Mousesavers newsletter to alert me to some great fall deals.

They have Halloween up in September already? That's exciting to know.. I don't mind missing MNSSHP, I'd just like to see all the pumpkins and fun lights one year!

We took a trip for my daughter to Universal Orlando the first week of December this last year and it was fabulous. I wish it would have been a little warmer, but overall it was great. Low crowds, decent weather, she got TONS of personalized attention and Christmas decorations were up!
ARIELvsURSULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIELvsURSULA View Post
Holiday questions. When do holiday decorations come out? I don't mind missing the giant events like the halloween or christmas parties, I realize those are crowded and high park times, I'd just to see some of the decorations for the first time ever.
Actually, it's not high crowd times when they have the Halloween and Christmas parties. If you check the crowd calendars at easywdw.com you'll see that the crowd levels for September are low, whereas October would probably be considered moderate. (These calendars are from last year, but I would assume that this year's wouldn't be different.) November and December would also be considered moderate for most of the dates when the Christmas parties take place. (Thanksgiving week is crowded, but there are no Christmas parties that week.)
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

The full week before Thanksgiving is our favorite. Christmas decor was out, very low crowds, and amazing weather.

I would go this week every year if I could!!

Sep 1997
Nov 2009
Jan 2012
June 2013
Nov 2014
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Another vote for late Jan/early Feb (as you can see from my ticker!). We got every year for my kids' bdays and it is so quiet...for Disney anyway. I love the weather too. It can get a little chilly at night and lovely during the day. Better than snow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: