Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
weswife
DIS Veteran

One word answer = YES!

I had forgot my FE at home, so I decided to hang our Halloween bag from Disney! It was a cute bag we got there! It did the trick, so much fun finding the gifts left! On the 2nd day ( late afternoon) it went missing! My DH and DS had went back to the room to change. They came back to tell me the bag was gone! I thought they were joking but nope it was gone! I also had about 10 magnets on the door, from Canada, The next day a magnet went missing! It was a cute black bear with Canada on it. They were only from the Dollar store, not a big deal but "they" could have asked!!! Its a shame people do this!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

I guess we have ben lucky. We have never had anything taken. In fact we usually end up with more due to fantastic FE buddies. I did once scold some older boys for touching stuff on someone else's door though.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

I think I am going to write "You stole and you know it" on the back of my magnets, lol!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

We had a bunch of FE gifts go missing one cruise. We thought it was just a dud group until we got home and everyone was posting on our meet thread - so many people were saying they didn't get hardly anything - we all started saying - "did you get my _____?" and the answer would come back "No, I didn't".

I know we delivered to everyone on our list but a number of people never received it.

Same for us receiving - we were right by an elevator and everyone forward on the starboard side had to pass by our room. People posted pictures when we returned of a lot of cool stuff that "disappeared" from our FE.

I have to admit, it's made me decide never again for FEs.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
clten
DIS Veteran

We've had our FE stolen before and it was zip-tied to the fish so it took a little doing! It was a custom embroidered FE and was very disappointing that someone would work so hard to steal something that I had created. (Well, who knows if they worked hard or just cut the hanger -- I forgot to see if the zip ties were still there after the fact.) But the day we were in Grand Cayman, we came back to the room to find it missing. The response from Guest Services (not that we expected them to be able to do something -- just wanted them to know it was ours if it turned up in Lost and Found or anywhere else on the ship) was that anything with Disney or Disney characters is liable to be taken as a free souviner.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
Cruisin deb
Earning My Ears

Red face Stolen mr. Skee

Yes we' ve had a circle cruise magnet stolen of mr. Smee Found it 2 doors down. One night I knocked on door a boy around 6years old answered I asked him if it was theirs, that I was missing one just like it. He said "it's ours"
Do I believe it ? NO! Since it was the only one on his door. And two doors down. Especially since I had Captain Hook Jake, Izzy,and Buddy. But if he wants it that bad that he has to take it from someone else. Let him have it. Funny though,after that night , never saw it on his door again. From now on I will put purchased ones on top and homemade ones lower. I hope it will deter them a little. That's the chance you take, I guess!!
Cruisin deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

We had our table mate (who was concidentally 3 doors down from us on our deck) inform us that we had so many magnets that she instructed her 8yo DD to steal the ones she liked from us. She was trying to tell us how proud of her DD she was because the DD refused to do it. Umm, okay? The DD was mortified. We had extra magnets that we had packed and placed them on their door for the DD. The kicker was the mother's response the next night "That's nice but the ones on your door are nicer than the ones you gave us."
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
We had our table mate (who was concidentally 3 doors down from us on our deck) inform us that we had so many magnets that she instructed her 8yo DD to steal the ones she liked from us. She was trying to tell us how proud of her DD she was because the DD refused to do it. Umm, okay? The DD was mortified. We had extra magnets that we had packed and placed them on their door for the DD. The kicker was the mother's response the next night "That's nice but the ones on your door are nicer than the ones you gave us."
I just said "OMG!" out loud. That is DEPLORABLE. That mom should REALLY be happy that her poor daughter didn't inherit her rudeness and actually somehow managed to learn right from wrong in spite of her mother!
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Neighbors on the Hawaii cruise had a Hawaiian turtle magnet stolen from their door.

Someone down the hall on the Baltic in 2010 had a fish extender vandalized. Someone put raw fruit in it and squished it around.

The most infamous occasion was the January 2010 Panama Canal cruise where a couple of teens videoed themselves vandalizing door displays, then posted the videos on YouTube. They taped themselves doing a lot of other stuff they shouldn't have been doing, either, like harassing girls and going into crew areas.

They weren't doing this because they wanted to keep magnets for themselves, it was a thrill for them. Names and room numbers on the magnets would not have stopped them. Labeling them may help to prove it is yours if you find it on another door but these boys were apparently throwing stuff away.

I do not put anything I care about losing on the outside of the door (like magnets purchased in port)

Last edited by TDC Nala; 01-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
pixiedixie862
Earning My Ears

Never got one stolen and even if they were I prob wouldnt be upset but definately would have the thought in my head wondering who might have taken them. Never even thought to put "stolen from room XXX" on the back. That is a great idea for my next cruise!
pixiedixie862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #26
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
We had our table mate (who was coincidentally 3 doors down from us on our deck) inform us that we had so many magnets that she instructed her 8yo DD to steal the ones she liked from us. She was trying to tell us how proud of her DD she was because the DD refused to do it. Umm, okay? The DD was mortified. We had extra magnets that we had packed and placed them on their door for the DD. The kicker was the mother's response the next night "That's nice but the ones on your door are nicer than the ones you gave us."
Permission to sound off:
People are jerks! If I made rad magnets, there was a reason I made those. People shouldn't encourage their kids to take them. What is wrong with people? If you packed a lot of magnets, you're allowed to do so. People shouldn't have sticky fingers.

I made kinda' crappy magnets that were super specific to me and my family when we went in July. Seriously I made a magnet that was the tattoo I have on my ankle (in case I got super drunk I could see Shaun the sheep and know that's my room. Because seriously who else would have Shaun on their door?), and if someone stole that...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #27
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

this is really so sad.

This is our first time doing FE, I'm making our FE and most of our FE gifts are also hand made. I would hate for anyone not to receive theirs. And I know my dd would be SO disappointed if anything happens to the FE gifts we are to receive. I'm also concerned because our cabin is right near the laundry room, so probably a lot of traffic.

Really, just what's wrong with people?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #28
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clten View Post
We've had our FE stolen before and it was zip-tied to the fish so it took a little doing! It was a custom embroidered FE and was very disappointing that someone would work so hard to steal something that I had created. (Well, who knows if they worked hard or just cut the hanger -- I forgot to see if the zip ties were still there after the fact.) But the day we were in Grand Cayman, we came back to the room to find it missing. The response from Guest Services (not that we expected them to be able to do something -- just wanted them to know it was ours if it turned up in Lost and Found or anywhere else on the ship) was that anything with Disney or Disney characters is liable to be taken as a free souviner.
UGH! I can't believe that happened to your FE group!

I just got home from buying all my FE supplies. We're going to be hauling these from California to the Med. I've started telling my daughter about "surprises" we might get in the "Fish Pockets". If our stuff gets stolen it would put such a damper on the whole trip.

I also don't want to be on an excursion wondering if our FE stuff is being ransacked.

Now I'm wondering if we should participate at all. Not to be dramatic, but I really would rather skip the whole thing than be totally buzzkilled if someone jacked our FE stuff. Magnets, eh, whatever. But FE! That really sucks.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
gunka
DIS Veteran

Two cruises and nothing stolen....knock on wood.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
3princessMommy
DIS Veteran

Does stuff get stolen - sometimes. But I don't let it dampen my enthusiasm for my vacation. I love making magnets for my door and my friends' and family's doors. I have a blast with the FE's too. I make most of my gifts too. It takes a lot of time and effort, and I would be very disappointed if one of my FE friends didn't receive it. But I won't let it keep me from the enjoyment of making it and distributing it.

It's part of my vacation - and NO ONE is going to ruin my vacation! I just have to say, oh well, and move on.

We've had one or two magnets take a walk and my mom lost her FE bag (it was a cheap reusable shopping bag that I had ordered as part of my FE gift with the cruise info on it). I replaced her bag and we didn't have any further problems.

Just have fun!

DHMe DD13 DD11 DD8 Nala Sasha Patches
1976:WDW OS; 1986:WDW OS; 1993:WDW CR; 2007:DLP NBC; 2008:WDW SOG; DCL Wonder DD; 2009:WDW SOG; DCL Magic Tortola; 2010:DCL Magic Baltic; DCL Magic Xmas; 2011:DCL Wonder Alaska; WDW AK; 2012: WDW BLT & DCL Fantasy Western; 2013: WDW BCV & B2B DCL Dream; 2014: Magic Barcelona to Venice Repo Planned: 2015: Fantasy Eastern; Magic Iceland Cruise
3princessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: