Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenscruise View Post
that's just it.. the drop feeling.. ugh
Where do you get a drop feeling? When we cruised on the Dream in April I was completely in shock at how overrated the Aquaduck is. It is short, very mild, and actually really not worth waiting for if there are lines. We already booked our 2nd cruise for August, back on the Dream, but that was mainly because of convenience of dates and Port. If I had my choice I would take the extra day on the Magic or Wonder for about the same money or cheaper.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Like Fredgirls, when I read your thread header, I thought you meant it literally....like maybe a therapy chicken I was thinking NOW I've seen everything!!!

I think the Aqua Duck is very mild....but if you are a little heavy, the bump might hurt your bum.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
Jenscruise
Earning My Ears

thanks for all the great replies!! I'm convinced now that I will love it..it at least do it. it's ruff to be a ride chicken..when we went to Disney world..I asked every ride attendant if it was too scary for my 3 year old (and I didn't have a 3 year old..that's my tolerance) and I'm talking pooh and teacups..you'd never..ever see me on splash mountain.

funny thing it..I am a roller Derby girl..I can burn up a skate track and kNick down some mean chicks.. but I'm afraid of goofy brainstorm!

good stuff..thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
Nannylisad
Nannylisad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls

You just made me choke on my coffee!

I was dreading the aquaduck too but it was a lot of fun. Worst bit was keep climbing the stairs!! :-D
Funniest post title
Elizabeth
Nannylisad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

My 9 year old hates roller coasters and anything with a dropping/falling sensation. She was completely traumatized by Splash Mountain. She loved the Aquaduck. Once she got the courage to try it I almost couldn't get her off it. I liked it as well and I am a non-athletic overweight person who had to sort of roll off the raft at the end - not an edifying sight to be sure
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #36
mstee777
Mouseketeer

I love coasters, but the aqua duck is no coaster. I was a little underwhelmed by the speed and I don't think it had any drops. It was fun, but I only rode once and really didn't desire to do it again.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Another person here not sure about riding this slide. I LOVE waterslides but HATE being in enclosed areas. Watching the video - I am not sure I like the fact that you are COMPLETELY enclosed in the tube. Even though most of it is clear - I have a fear of getting stuck in the tube - the one you are riding in - not on. How do you get out if you get stuck. I should be ok as long as I can see out. I wish some of the ride was not in the dark - but from the video it looks like that part does not last too long.

Any words of assurance here.

Thanks,
Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Another person here not sure about riding this slide. I LOVE waterslides but HATE being in enclosed areas. Watching the video - I am not sure I like the fact that you are COMPLETELY enclosed in the tube. Even though most of it is clear - I have a fear of getting stuck in the tube - the one you are riding in - not on. How do you get out if you get stuck. I should be ok as long as I can see out. I wish some of the ride was not in the dark - but from the video it looks like that part does not last too long.

Any words of assurance here.

Thanks,
Linda
You will definitely not get stuck. Most of the time you are in a clear tube and wave to the people below! I have even seen a CM walking in the tube, albeit bent over but walking in the tube when it was down for maintanance. And if it makes you feel any better. On July 4th one year, Donald Duck rode the Aquaduck in full costume with those big feet!!!
No worries about getting stuck!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: