Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #16
gatorsfan
Improvise Adapt Overcome... 9-11-01 Never Forget

I miss VMK so much I was there from day one and played it almost everyday until it closed i was slightly addicted lol my user name was Goofes and I also had the user named Nacarboy let me know if any of Ya'll knew me!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
DisneyBalloons
should have been born into a Disney fairytale

I was more than a little addicted to the Castle Fireworks and Haunted Mansion games..... and creating rides through my room! Oh how I miss VMK!
DisneyBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Cravens86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambergem108
VMK was the best website for a Disney kid ever!!! I was there from the start till the end. I went on there every day and had lots of friends that I made. It was almost as fun as going to the actual park! When I did to to the park. I went on actual quests and earned a bunch of online prizes. I had the most awesome rooms and clothes. When Disney announced that it was closing VMK down, I was devastated. VMK was my childhood and was important to me as Facebook is to teens today. I am so upset that it closed after only a few years and I was more than willing to pay for a membership. I wish I could have took screenshots of my rooms that I worked so hard to decorate. The only thing that's really left is VMK Revisited. It's the closest thing to what VMK was like. I cried the first time I went on that website because it was 4 years since I have been on VMK. Sadly the whole VMK will be forever closed, but at least us VMK alumni and people who hadn't played VMK can see what was once the best Disney website for kids. Btw, my user name was FlowerPower144, if anyone knew me.
Agreed, that game was amazing and now there's nothing like it. It was a cool place for us Disney freaks to hang out together. I miss it so much
Cravens86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
Cravens86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravens86

Agreed, that game was amazing and now there's nothing like it. It was a cool place for us Disney freaks to hang out together. I miss it so much
And my username was Cravens86 I think
Cravens86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
carlzwife
Earning My Ears

open vmk! tonight!

Apparently those vmk kids have grown up enough to get someone to actually develop a game. They have no disney backing of course and are prepared if they are shut down. But, it opens tonight. register at openvmk.com slash relive. I havent made enough posts to put in a link. How embarrassing since I have been reading this for Quite some time. LOL
I got totally hooked on vmk with all the tweeners because i was playing with my kids. Met some great adult friends too.
I am afraid disney will shut it down, so wanted to give people a chance to know about it, at least. It took my son working really hard at convincing me that this wasnt some fake game. they have closely recreated vmk. called ovmk. woohoo!
carlzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
spursboy13
Galactic Hero

Hey, I found this site. Its still not the full experience, but it is something. vmkrevisited.com

"If you have a dream, don't wait. Act." - Kingdom Hearts
"A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." -Hercules
"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." -The Lion King
"Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it." -A Nightmare Before Christmas
"I never look back darling. It distracts me from the now" -The Incredibles
spursboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
PrincessTess
Curiouser and curiouser

go to openvmk.com it opened up last night
people are actually in it, they have characters, theyre talking to eachother. it brings back so many memories!

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is,
it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would."
-Alice

PrincessTess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #23
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

I found it, and am now wondering if it's a bad idea to sign up due to possible suing from
Disney?
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #24
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
I found it, and am now wondering if it's a bad idea to sign up due to possible suing from
Disney?
Not likely that any players of the game would get in trouble from Disney. If Disney objects, the game would probably just get shut down.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
RebeccaRock
Living The Mouse Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
Disney?
People in OVMK were saying that Disney knows about and that as long as there is no $$ involved, that they are ok with it at this point.

They have banners all over that say "OpenVMK is a way for fans to revisit their old home, Virtual Magic Kingdom. By playing this game, you understand that it is solely for the use of entertaining fans and was originally created by Disney and/or its affiliates. OpenVMK is run by fans, for fans."

It has been up and down as they work through enabling features. Only Yeti and Esmeralda are giving credits so far of the NPC's and none of the games are up yet, but it is soooo goood to be home again in the VMK world.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #26
KingdomKeepersFinn
Disney Extraordinair

Hey guys,

I was a staff member at one point during OpenVMK's existence. The game creator and I are on a first name basis (put it that way), but the cost to keep the game open, as well as outside factors have caused the game to close. Disney Interactive did know about it, and they were furious, but couldn't do anything really because the developers weren't collecting money for operation.

I hope all you who had a chance to log on went back to the memories of what VMK was really like, and will continue to remember what VMK stood for.
KingdomKeepersFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomKeepersFinn
Hey guys,

I was a staff member at one point during OpenVMK's existence. The game creator and I are on a first name basis (put it that way), but the cost to keep the game open, as well as outside factors have caused the game to close. Disney Interactive did know about it, and they were furious, but couldn't do anything really because the developers weren't collecting money for operation.

I hope all you who had a chance to log on went back to the memories of what VMK was really like, and will continue to remember what VMK stood for.
Thanks. I really wished it worked out. It was a shame after all that hard work. My computer was down when it was live. I have a small glimmer of hope I'll get to play again some day.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
KingdomKeepersFinn
Disney Extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Thanks. I really wished it worked out. It was a shame after all that hard work. My computer was down when it was live. I have a small glimmer of hope I'll get to play again some day.
I'm so sorry, from the bottom of my heart. We all wanted it to work out, trust me, but things like these.. I don't know, it wasn't the same as having Disney run it. Yes, we tried our best, but OpenVMK didn't nearly achieve the level of professionalism and dedication to the magic the original VMK was.

One can only hope that Disney has a new idea in the making, something along the lines of a new VMK... incorporating all the parts of Walt Disney World and Disney Land into one game.. We shall see

#LongLiveVMK
KingdomKeepersFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #29
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomKeepersFinn View Post
One can only hope that Disney has a new idea in the making, something along the lines of a new VMK... incorporating all the parts of Walt Disney World and Disney Land into one game.. We shall see
After how Disney ended VMK (and just recently Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and POTC online) I don't think I can ever trust them in any other online games.

Don't get me wrong, if they opened something along the lines of VMK again, I would definitely check it out. But I would be hard-pressed to spend any money on it due to Disney's track record.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #30
Takket
Test Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomKeepersFinn View Post
I'm so sorry, from the bottom of my heart. We all wanted it to work out, trust me, but things like these.. I don't know, it wasn't the same as having Disney run it. Yes, we tried our best, but OpenVMK didn't nearly achieve the level of professionalism and dedication to the magic the original VMK was.

#LongLiveVMK
aww, what a bummer i missed it! I played the original for hours on end. too many hours actually!
Takket is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: