Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
AstroAlphamatt
You can't beat somebody with nobody

VMK legends reside here.

Yes! We do.

Post about your fun times in VMK and the memories you have.
Or just talk about anything really lol.

Let's go!

"I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity"

pəʇɹəʌoɹʇuı
AstroAlphamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
TigersFan
Earning My Ears

VMK lives!
TigersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

I found out about VMK when I read the kingdom keepers series. I tried to look for it online but I guess it was kinda late. By the way other disboarders described it, it sounded like a fun little virtual world. I wish it was still up and running so I could try it out.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
ambergem108
Earning My Ears

VMK was the best website for a Disney kid ever!!! I was there from the start till the end. I went on there every day and had lots of friends that I made. It was almost as fun as going to the actual park! When I did to to the park. I went on actual quests and earned a bunch of online prizes. I had the most awesome rooms and clothes. When Disney announced that it was closing VMK down, I was devastated. VMK was my childhood and was important to me as Facebook is to teens today. I am so upset that it closed after only a few years and I was more than willing to pay for a membership. I wish I could have took screenshots of my rooms that I worked so hard to decorate. The only thing that's really left is VMK Revisited. It's the closest thing to what VMK was like. I cried the first time I went on that website because it was 4 years since I have been on VMK. Sadly the whole VMK will be forever closed, but at least us VMK alumni and people who hadn't played VMK can see what was once the best Disney website for kids. Btw, my user name was FlowerPower144, if anyone knew me.
ambergem108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
Brittasaur
Earning My Ears

I practically lived on VMK when it first came out, haha. I would finish my school work and then go right to my computer and play VMK for hours.
Brittasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Orreed
Olivia

Oh my goodness, I LOVED VMK.
My favorite game was the Haunted Mansion game, and I was quite good at it. I liked all the coins from it. Sadly I can't remember my username. At the end I mostly always my Belle dress and gold ears. I liked the monorail too, but the game always crashed.
Orreed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
TotalDisneyFan
Proud Cruise Fanatic!

I miss VMK. Can’t believe it’s been years since it closed.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
disneygirl520
Disney, where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

I was on VMK all the time, I would go to the train station and give pins to people who just started playing. My username was jaminelvr.

Join me for my first PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158958
disneygirl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
DisneyFreak98
Mouseketeer

I would spend hours on end playing VMK. It was like all I did in my spare time (:
My username was acehypergirl.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
disneyaddict101
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh! I miss VMK SO much! I loved being able to go to Disney at home! I remember getting all my friends playing it!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

I loved VMK! I would play it for hours and hours in the summer.

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
Shadowpan
ALWAYS: Think a Happy Thought Any Merry Little Thought

I miss it soooooooooooooooo much it was just a great community and lots of fun... I wish it was still here imagine how advanced it would be and all the stuff we could do.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
-Walt Disney
Shadowpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
StephaniexMarie
Have a zip a dee doo dah day!

Smile

VMK was the best. I remember I only started getting into doing the quests a few months before it closed, but I loved them! I also really liked the Checkers game on Main Street, and I was a beast at the Pirates game I loved the Briar Patched themed room because it reminded me of Splash Mountain <3 & I remember every Friday the stores would come out with new stuff, I specifically remember "running" to the Emporium every Friday after school to stock up!
Port Orleans Riverside (3/2012, 11/2012)
Polynesian Resort (11/2011, 7/2012, 3/2013)
Wilderness Lodge (7/2012)
Art of Animation (3/2013, 11/2013)
Saratoga Springs (7/2013)
Coronado Springs (11/2013, 1/2014)

Follow me on Instagram - stephaniexmarie
StephaniexMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
bolognehead
DisneyAddict

I miss vmk SO much. user name was the same as here. Bolognehead
2005- Fort Wilderness
2006- All Star Movies
2007- Pop Century
2008- Contemporary
2010- Polynesian/Contemporary
2011- Contemporary
2012- Pop Century
2013- July trip at BLT as new DVC members! December at the AKL!

bolognehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
KingdomKeepersFinn
Disney Intern, Disney Extraordinair,

VMK was the best thing to happen during my early teen years. I joined day 1 and it was awesome. My username was RockingRollerCoaster.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: