Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
linseystuckey
Earning My Ears

Autograph Books

Do they sell autograph books on the Disney cruise (Fantasy)? Our kids LOVE getting the autographs from all the characters, but maybe it's a bigger deal at the parks. Do kids on the cruise even run around with autograph books? I heard about the pillowcase idea, which is fun too.
linseystuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
eemaxx
Mouseketeer

I'm sure they sell autograph books in the shops on board. On our cruise on the Magic last Christmas, both of my kids brought their autograph books and got quite a few signatures from many different characters. They also had our waiter and assistant waiter sign them on our last night at dinner. They both wrote messages in their native languages (Nenad from Croatia and Clotilde from France). We are planning to pursue the captain's autograph on our Fantasy cruise next week! So YES, families do bring their autograph books. Don't forget a pen!
eemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
candle817
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure about on the ships because my first DCL is in 27 days!!! But I ordered mine from the Disney store online and it was a DCL book and was I think $7.
WDW - 1996 with DH
WDW - 2004 - first trip with kids DS9, DS1
WDW - 2007
WDW - 2009
WDW - 2011 -16 family members trip
DCL - Wonder on 2/11 - first DCL!!
candle817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Coconut8473
Earning My Ears

We purchased one on board the Magic last August. They had several types, including one with a cruise-themed cover (which DS3 loved!)
Coconut8473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Cackyschmackers
Cruise dreamin'

DCL Autograph books

Yes, the sell the official DCL autograph books on board in Mickey's Mates. We just got off board the Magic on Jan 12, 2013.
Cackyschmackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you can buy them onboard (when the shops are open) or in advance online at the Disney Store. They have DCL themed ones. If your children will really want the autograph book for the first character they see - get it in advance. The shops onboard will not be open until the first evening once you are at sea (shops cannot be open in port) and there will be many character opportunities before then. But, it's not necessary as you'll see the same characters many times throughout the cruise so they can wait to get that autograph at another time unless they are like mine and insist on an autograph at each meet regardless of how many times we see Mickey!

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: