Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScouser
What about the non-North American sports ? Hate Man United
Red Devils for life!
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScouser View Post
What about the non-North American sports ? Hate Man United
DS is is a Man U fan but more of a Rooney fan. I just enjoy watching the soccer, haven't really picked a favourite.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Ever wanted to drive the Zamboni, check out Google.ca
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

Who said I was sane?

The first step is admitting there is a problem. Well done!

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Urugami
DISdad #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Ever wanted to drive the Zamboni, check out Google.ca
I can't find the PLAY button, eh...
Hosers!
DISdad #690

ME (Chris) DW DS(8)
76,82,83,86DL,92DL,93,95,96,01,01/02,01/03,06/03,01/09ASM,11/09CBR,11/10CBR,04/12CBR,02/13POR,03/14CBR
Urugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugami View Post
I can't find the PLAY button, eh...
Hosers!

It's on the second "o".

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The first step is admitting there is a problem. Well done!
Do you know a good therapist. You guys certainly aren't helping by encouraging me.

And just because I know you don't like them and we can keep it sports related......PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS. HAHA.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach. Is this a good thing?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #24
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Do you know a good therapist. You guys certainly aren't helping by encouraging me.

And just because I know you don't like them and we can keep it sports related......PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS. HAHA.

I don't mind the Patriots and I hate the Ravens so I guess you know who I will be chearing for.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Has he coached in the NFL before?

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Has he coached in the NFL before?
Nope, not in the NFL. His record at Oregon was 49-7 or something like that.

I am still trying to figure out why a coach that is being paid millions of dollars to coach in college, has one of the top programs in the country and boosters that pretty much make everything awesome would want to coach in the NFL. No security, limited control and just a lot more time and effort needed. I guess it's just an ego boost.

Philly is going to be a mess for the next couple of years. What do you do with Vick? Good luck to him.

Gotta go work on my 2K speech.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

I am still trying to figure out why a coach that is being paid millions of dollars to coach in college, has one of the top programs in the country and boosters that pretty much make everything awesome would want to coach in the NFL. No security, limited control and just a lot more time and effort needed. I guess it's just an ego boost.

Philly is going to be a mess for the next couple of years. What do you do with Vick? Good luck to him.

I think he is a good coach but the track record for college coaches in the NFL is a bit hit and miss isn't it?

Why would you leave a successful program - I can't speak for coaching in the pros but when I was coaching, it was about the challenge to be successful at another level. I coached HS and club volleyball to a level where I met my personal goals and then set my sites on being the Provincial team coach. After doing that I wanted to see if I could coach at the university level so I tried that for 7 years. It was all about testing myself.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #28
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
On a college basketball note, I hate Wisconsin
On Wisconsin!!!!!!

Quote:
Hate is a strong word, especially since I don't know anything about them.

That being said, Go Kentucky!!
Ok, don't go there. If you don't live in the state of Kentucky, you hate them. That's like a law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Everyone outside of Drunken Sconnie Land hates Wisconsin.
True, but I'm giving them a 24 hour pass.

Quote:
No. No it isn't. In fact I keep looking at these hires thinking "Really????" Truthfully, he might be the best hire of all of them, but I'm pretty sure the Browns might as well go ahead and start their next coaching search right now.

Quote:

Quote:
I think he is a good coach but the track record for college coaches in the NFL is a bit hit and miss isn't it?

Why would you leave a successful program - I can't speak for coaching in the pros but when I was coaching, it was about the challenge to be successful at another level. I coached HS and club volleyball to a level where I met my personal goals and then set my sites on being the Provincial team coach. After doing that I wanted to see if I could coach at the university level so I tried that for 7 years. It was all about testing myself.
I understand where you're coming from about challenging himself Darcy, and that makes a lot of sense. There really isn't any other obvious explanation that I can think of. I always question when a coach makes that leap, especially someone in a position like he was in. He had a legitimate shot at a national championship next year and had a nice little program built up with Nike money behind him. That would be hard to leave. In a way it is a shame that we see less of the coaching dynasties that used to exist in college football.

One thing to think about though, regardless of the inconsistent results college coaches have seen in the NFL, you've got to look at Spurrier and Saban and realize that if you really are an elite college coach there will be other top tier opportunities awaiting you if you're out of the NFL in 2 years.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #29
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
On Wisconsin!!!!!!

Ok, don't go there. If you don't live in the state of Kentucky, you hate them. That's like a law.

True, but I'm giving them a 24 hour pass.

No. No it isn't. In fact I keep looking at these hires thinking "Really????" Truthfully, he might be the best hire of all of them, but I'm pretty sure the Browns might as well go ahead and start their next coaching search right now.

I understand where you're coming from about challenging himself Darcy, and that makes a lot of sense. There really isn't any other obvious explanation that I can think of. I always question when a coach makes that leap, especially someone in a position like he was in. He had a legitimate shot at a national championship next year and had a nice little program built up with Nike money behind him. That would be hard to leave. In a way it is a shame that we see less of the coaching dynasties that used to exist in college football.

One thing to think about though, regardless of the inconsistent results college coaches have seen in the NFL, you've got to look at Spurrier and Saban and realize that if you really are an elite college coach there will be other top tier opportunities awaiting you if you're out of the NFL in 2 years.

I've been a Kentucky fan since the Rex Chapman Days and the only time I've been to Kentucky was when I had a connection at the Cincy airport.

On why would Kelly leave, Maddog radio just mentioned the possibility of an NCAA recruiting investigation may be on the way.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

I agree as well, my point was that if you are one of the top college coaches in the country and you have kids begging to play there, can pretty much name your compensation and are adored by millions why would you want the stress of the NFL. I agree with the push yourself argument to a point, but I think it is ego more than just challenging yourself. Let's be realistic. In most cases, the team with the best players wins in the NFL. There are a few exceptions, but not that many. I don't see them giving him full authority over drafting and signing players so his success really depends on others instead of on himself. Just thinking I would prefer to stay at Oregon and dominate the college ranks.

No offense to Philly dads, but the fans there are animals (I was at that Superbowl so it is not here say) and the organization is in shambles right now. Not sure they'll be good for a few years regardless of the coach.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: