Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
ab2008
Mouseketeer

Best time to deliver FE gifts?

When do you think is the best time to deliver FE gifts? This is our first cruise and therefore, first FE exchange. I know you are meant to try and not get caught delivering, but I have also read about gifts being stolen. I think I would rather get caught and know my fellow gifters actually recieved their gifts.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
mommameah
Earning My Ears

We are in the same situation. Can't wait to see some suggestions.
mommameah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
disneydeux
Can Once in a Lifetime Happen Twice?

Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2008 View Post
When do you think is the best time to deliver FE gifts? This is our first cruise and therefore, first FE exchange. I know you are meant to try and not get caught delivering, but I have also read about gifts being stolen. I think I would rather get caught and know my fellow gifters actually recieved their gifts.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
I got up early & delivered. My SIS-in-law did it with her kids in the afternoon.
disneydeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
dibond38
Mouseketeer

I always pick a morning, when I want to sleep in or have some quiet time on the veranda, and send my husband and daughter out to make the deliveries. They always come back with stories to tell about the best decorated doors, almost getting caught and trying to find all the rooms. They LOVE doing it together. We are early risers so most cruisers are still in bed.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

Honestly, whenever you want to fit it in. We just decide spur of the moment. We've been 'caught' before on a couple of occasions. It's only awkward for a moment! You never really know when/where folks are going to be at any given time so there really isn't a 'good' time. We just do it in spurts. We'll do these rooms now and those rooms later kinda thing. It's fun. My DD is 15 and we're doing it in April. It'll be our 4th time.
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2008

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
We did ours mainly mid afternoon and evening. We never got 'caught' delivering. All the gifts we received had the persons disboards name on the package or their cabin number. Because of that i know we never had any gifts go missing. Everyone on our list delivered. We received great stuff. Have fun!

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
Honestly, whenever you want to fit it in. We just decide spur of the moment. We've been 'caught' before on a couple of occasions. It's only awkward for a moment! You never really know when/where folks are going to be at any given time so there really isn't a 'good' time. We just do it in spurts. We'll do these rooms now and those rooms later kinda thing. It's fun. My DD is 15 and we're doing it in April. It'll be our 4th time.
This is how we do it, too. Anytime we are headed from our cabin out, we grab a couple of FE to drop off. DH has a good sense of the ship, so I let him guide us.
reagansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

We try to do it either between dinner and show or after dinner, since we always have late dining. Not a lot of folks up at that hour. We've also been known to wander out on port days when many people are ashore.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
chill621
Earning My Ears

Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone please explain to me what this is? I am new to DIS and we are doing our first cruise on the Magic Feb 9th. Thanks
chill621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill621 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone please explain to me what this is? I am new to DIS and we are doing our first cruise on the Magic Feb 9th. Thanks
First, go find your cruise on the "Disney Cruise Meets" section at the top of this forum.

The Fish Extender (FE for short) is a pocket thing hung from the "fish" clamp outside the stateroom. (Every stateroom has one). The Disers on your cruise have a "gift exchange". It is sort of like a Secret Santa exchange, but it is not so secret.

You buy or make a gift for everyone doing the exchange. Some do 1 larger (more expensive) gift for the whole stateroom. Some do 1 for each person. Some do for kids only. Some exchanges set out rules, others don't. Again, go to your Cruise Meet to see who all are participating, and what the rules are, if any.

You can do a search to find for info, or just ask. We will be happy to help you out.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
chill621
Earning My Ears

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks a bunch dbarker, you are a doll.
chill621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill621 View Post
Everything you ever wanted to know about FEs and FE Exchanges...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: