Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
PrincessSarah314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

You still paid for the movie.

And I too would like to know about the free beer posted earlier.
Free drinks are handed out on Formal night in the atrium before both seating in the MDR. It's the "Captains Reception".
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #32
DakotaDisneyLover
Mouseketeer

We have never eaten during the shows, and have never seen anyone eating in there either. I am thinking mainly because the shows are around dinner time. I wouldn't worry about making it through a show or movie without munchies, you can always grab something to eat before you go if you are hungry. I personally wouldn't bring snacks on board for them either.
*Disney Wonder 2010
*Disney Fantasy February 2013
DakotaDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #33
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSarah314 View Post
Free drinks are handed out on Formal night in the atrium before both seating in the MDR. It's the "Captains Reception".

Thanks. Do you know if they have this on 4 night cruises as well?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

They usually have chips and salsa available in the Promenade Lounge starting around 5 p.m. (at least they have the last several sailings we've been on), so if you want tortilla chips, etc., you could save some in a ziploc for later (and get an ice cream cup for the salsa if you want).

We generally just take a drink into the movies in the BVT because we've had plenty of food already and it's a good time to digest

We do like to watch movies onboard because there are times we don't have something else going on already. We've sailed other cruiselines and had some "down time" where we've wished we had a movie to go see. I like that our kids can go on their own if we're doing something else. One of the first things we do onboard is check the movie schedule to see what's playing and when.

When we sail this summer, both Monsters U and The Lone Ranger will open in theaters so we are hoping to get to see them onboard.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #35
LoriV
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
Hijacking... Does anyone think it's a waste to go to the theater when you can do that at home?

Not how my DD and I feel AT ALL. We love going to see the movies. We saw Tangled for the first time onboard the Dream.
We have been on 5 Disney cruises and have never stepped foot in the movie theater. OK, yes, we have been in there for other things but never a movie. My thinking is that I want to experience things on board that I have no access to at home. Yes, the movies on board are "free," but I can see movies any other time of the year. Just the way we approach it.

On the other hand, we love the nightly shows and would never miss any of those.
LoriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #36
pannm
Mouseketeer

I don't think it's a waste of time at all to go to a movie on board. My daughter has a genetic disorder that requires my family to schedule down time and unwind a bit on occasion, and a movie is perfect down time and entertainment all at the same time. Plus, if my DH or I don't want to see the movie, we can go sit by the adult pool OR go take a nap while the other parent goes with the kids.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #37
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
Hijacking... Does anyone think it's a waste to go to the theater when you can do that at home?

Not how my DD and I feel AT ALL. We love going to see the movies. We saw Tangled for the first time onboard the Dream.
One of the ways we save money at home is NOT going to the movies (here it's easily $10-$12 a person, plus drinks or snacks). At minimum it's $30 (no concession) and can go up to $50-$60 if we buy popcorn and a drink.

Every month we don't go see a movie, it's $50 into the vacation fund. It's nice to be able to sit in the theatre and watch some movies on the big screen when they're still "new" (loved seeing Cars 2 and The Muppets!).
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: