Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
nednora
Earning My Ears

Grocery delivery?

Rather than ship food, we're planning to have groceries delivered to our hotel. Can you tell me what company you used for grocery delivery and whether you were happy with them?

Thanks!
nednora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Aaeolien
Mouseketeer

i havent used them since we have only been once but friends of ours who we are traveling with in July have used http://www.gardengrocer.com and were very happy with them. We are planning on using them on this trip.

Past trip: 1st trip ever - Sept 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Next trip: 4th of July, 2013 - Saratoga Springs

Future Trips: Feb 2014 - Coronado Springs or Beach Club
Aaeolien is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
psmutny
Earning My Ears

We used the garden grocer when we went to WDW in December 2012. Prices were reasonable and were delivered when they were supposed to be. I would feel comfortable using them again.
psmutny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
wisconsinmama
Earning My Ears

Is the food delivered to your room before you arrive? Just curious how it works because we are looking to use it as well.
wisconsinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
extreme8
Mouseketeer

We've used Garden Grocer the last 4 or 5 trips, always perfect service.
They've always been accommodating and on time.
They also delivered a couple bottles of wine (probably other stuff too) but you need to call directly to arrange that, it's not listed on the website.
Great way to stock up on bottled water. You can get a case delivered for the cost of 2 bottles on site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinmama View Post
Is the food delivered to your room before you arrive? Just curious how it works because we are looking to use it as well.
The food has always been delivered before I arrived and was kept at bell services. Rather than pick it up myself I just had a Bellman deliver it to my room.
extreme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Wegoshop and Walmart

We are attempting to use Walmart to ship staples to the hotel, but having a shopper from wegoshop to deliver perishable items like fruit and milk.

Not sure how it is going to turn out. I have read good things about wegoshop and the lady seems really nice so far.
OttawaON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
We are attempting to use Walmart to ship staples to the hotel, but having a shopper from wegoshop to deliver perishable items like fruit and milk.

Not sure how it is going to turn out. I have read good things about wegoshop and the lady seems really nice so far.
I have been using WeGo Shop for 12 Years now and the service is great They will shop where you like and they will also use coupons if you want them to however you would either have to send them or they can pick them up. Prices are reasonable and return trips are discounted . They will also get wine or beer if you like Have a great vacation .
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014 , YBC 2015

dandydad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Timandalicia
Mouseketeer

Garden Grocer

Garden Grocer is the best for sure out of the few we have used. The resort will keep it refridgerated for you so have it delivered right before you arrive. One thing that we realized is that the Grocery stores at our resorts were pretty competitively priced though for things like milk. Just in case you run out. Tip: If you are a coffee drinker, get a bag of good ground coffee for your in room coffee maker. All they serve is NesCafe until the Starbucks opens.
Timandalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Denmage
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We have used the DVC grocery delivery service and GardenGrocer. The DVC service just delivers items that are found in the resort stores, but they do put them directly into the room (and fridge) for you, even if you are not there to receive them.

We used GardenGrocer on our last trip and were very pleased with the service. We did have to go down to Bell Services to collect our groceries, but it was a lot better than having to call a cab to go to the supermarket (done that before, too, lol). The prices from GardenGrocer were good and they filled our order correctly. We were very happy with the service.

Denis
Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #10
chaphome
Earning My Ears

We used garden grocer last Sept and would definitely use them again! Cold items were cold when we got them and prices were reasonable.
chaphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
Thea101
Earning My Ears

Do you recommend using wegogrocer for stuff like breakfast food over the resort food court. Which do you think nets out cheaper?
Thea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea101 View Post
Do you recommend using wegogrocer for stuff like breakfast food over the resort food court. Which do you think nets out cheaper?
We used WeGoShop.

A 1/2 gallon of milk $3, box of cereal $5, box of granola bars $3, bunch of bananas $3, pkg of plastic bowls and box of spoons $3 each.....total cost divided by how many breakfasts you would get out of that....(Prices are complete guesstimates).
We mostly did it to save time, but I'm sure we saved money as well.
Breakfast costs (for example POR) range from 2.39 for a danish to 8.29 for the "Bounty Platter."
I would say it depends on how you eat....big breakfast vs. muffin/danish/bagel
could make the difference.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #13
Tinks73
Earning My Ears

We have used Garden grocer and found their service brilliant, we ordered our food whilst home in UK, and it was ready in bell services when we checked in. We have already started putting a shopping basket list together online ready for this September.
Tinks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
sachilles
Mouseketeer

What sort of turn around time should one expect. Lets say we arrive at the resort and realize we could use a few staples to stock the in room fridge. If we order at noon on day 1, could we expect to receive stuff within 24 hours?
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
mcraige
DIS Veteran

We've used WeGoShop 3 times, and will continue to use them. I like the fact that the price you pay for the food is the price they charge in the grocery store. They even apply coupons, use their frequent shopper card for discounts, etc. The savings has always been more than the delivery charge.

You place your order ahead of time, and they meet us when we check-in (because we order alcohol -- otherwise, they would leave the food with bell services).
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: