Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Where do you put your stroller?

Ours is fairly large, it's a jogger, my husband is too short to push an umbrella and since we already own this one, we are not that interested in buying a new one when she is going give it up after this trip.

But other than the suites, I am not seeing a ton of extra space for a stroller, folded up or not. Currently one of our rooms is at POR and the room looks cramped enough with not enough storage, so I have no idea how to fit a jogger in there.

Anyone ever tried leaving it in the hallway outside your room? We have a bike lock if there is a place to attach it. Or is that a theft and fire hazard?
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

My family stayed in a value with a double jogging stroller. It was a little tight but we made it. Never folded the stroller and we had a ton of other stuff! I wouldn't put it in the hallway. It would be fire hazard or could be stolen even with the lock.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
Ours is fairly large, it's a jogger, my husband is too short to push an umbrella and since we already own this one, we are not that interested in buying a new one when she is going give it up after this trip.

But other than the suites, I am not seeing a ton of extra space for a stroller, folded up or not. Currently one of our rooms is at POR and the room looks cramped enough with not enough storage, so I have no idea how to fit a jogger in there.

Anyone ever tried leaving it in the hallway outside your room? We have a bike lock if there is a place to attach it. Or is that a theft and fire hazard?
Since Riverside's "hallways" are outside, I wouldn't leave it out there.

Put the thing into the bathtub at night since you won't be using that at all until the next day.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Salrx95
Mouseketeer

we bought a used one on craiglists for our last trip. It was in great shape and fit our needs perfectly. At the time, we owned an umbrella and a double stroller, only, which was a nightmare to move and operate and overall bad purchase, lol.

It really was our best "purchase" pre-trip for our first family Disney trip. With the amount of money we committed to spending and knowing we needed the 2 strollers, it was a great decision to buy for us.

I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it outside either but I'm not enough of a Disney vet to know "how safe that is".
Salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I would not want to walk the halls of my resort looking at chained strollers. I'm sure you will find room indoors.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

we rented a Citi Elite for the trip and put it between the bed and the door in a LM room, or in front of the door to the connecting room. We actually didn't find the room to be too cramped and had no problem finding somewhere to put the stroller.
Mom2Luci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in deluxes and values and always found enough room for a stroller and never folded it. Usually we just park it right by the door once we are in for the night. We too have also purchased a 2nd single stroller on craigslist solely for the purpose of a WDW trip. Yes, it was old and in just ok condition, but that was the point. Instead of hauling a huge double stroller with we just took 2 singles and it worked so much better. I think we got it for $15 or 20 on craigslist, which I thought was pretty good.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Don't leave anything outside your room that you want to still have in the morning. This is no different than anywhere else on earth. Keep it in your room and fold it up if you need to. Might as well get used to folding and unfolding it, loading and unloading it quickly- you'll need to do it multiple times a day once you're onsite.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum
Don't leave anything outside your room that you want to still have in the morning. This is no different than anywhere else on earth. Keep it in your room and fold it up if you need to. Might as well get used to folding and unfolding it, loading and unloading it quickly- you'll need to do it multiple times a day once you're onsite.
Yeah, and remember, others will try to pass by too along with the housekeeping personal with carts....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
mum2four
DIS Veteran

From looking at the photos of the POR rooms, I think you would have enough room for a stroller between the door and bed. Definitely don't leave it outside, what about rain?
mum2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
ABtwinmommy
Mouseketeer

I don't know for sure, but do not think they would allow you leave it outside.

I've never been inside a room at POR, so not sure if they are the same layout, but I had a double stroller at POFQ and it fit perfectly in the little nook/corner between the door and the first bed. We did not even collapse it either. We had a bedrail on that side of the bed anyways so blocking enterance to that side of the bed was not really an issue as it was already blocked with the bedrail. My daughter just climbed in on the other side anyways. Actually, having the stroller there assisted in holding the bedrail in place. It worked out really well, and we will be doing the same thing again in a few more weeks But even if we were not using a bedrail, that parking spot would have still worked fine.
Planning next trip to my happy place ~ Jan/Feb 2014-CR/BC
ABtwinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

I put both of our strollers in the closet.

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at a Value Resort (ASSp), I had no trouble storing a Citi Mini double stroller in the room along with 2 open playpens. It wasn't crowded, either. But, my standards and tolerance for "crowded" might be different than others.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
TMEF23
Mouseketeer

We spent one night at All Star Sports and then 6 nights at YC this past August. We have twin boys and we used a City Mini Double Stroller and had 2 pack n plays set up in both rooms. We left the stroller open, near the door and still felt like we had plenty of room.

TMEF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
teacherlisa1978
DIS Veteran

We put our baby jogger under the hanging bar next to the sinks at POFQ. Worked great for us.

Carsland, Candy Corn, and Caramel Macchiatos-a DLR Trip Report
Disneyland: 1989, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
Disneyland Paris: 1994-free trip won through the Disney Store!
Walt Disney World: 1992, 1997, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
teacherlisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: