Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
butternut
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian first timer help!

Hi everyone! I am new here and and will also be a first timer at GF. So excited to be going but have a few questions to all the pros here. My dh has a conference to attend and we are all going for the extra fun. Any suggestions for room locations would be awesome to know. Would really like a lagoon view and maybe theme park or fireworks. A cast member said they usually put convention familys in Sago Cay building. How is this area as far as views or do you think i can request something different. Any help would be awesome. Just want our first visit to GF to be memorable. Oh and its my Dh 60th birthday while we are there!!!!
butternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I would post your questions on the GF thread. You'll prob get some answers there. And be sure to look at page 1. Have a great stay.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
sndral
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2932607
Here's the link to the Grand Floridian FAQ's. The first couple of pages will give you a general feeling for the resort and pix of it, so you have a sense of what to expect, then just go to the last page in the thread and post your questions.
I recently returned from my first stay @ the GF and was in Sago Cay, loved the location. My view was out the 'back' and across a small finger of lake, I could see the monorails glide by from my balcony. Rooms on the 'front' of Sago face the marina. One nice thing is that there is a lovely view of the wishes fireworks as you walk by the marina towards Sago, very pleasant to sit out there and watch them on your way back to your room at night. Sago is also right next to the counter service restaurant and close to the main building/lobby, so has a very convenient location, IMO.
One thing I found to be really relaxing was sitting in the lobby and listening to the piano player.
Enjoy planning your stay.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

There really isn't any view at the GF that's bad... it's such a gorgeous resort. I agree w/ the others though, if you hop on the GF thread, you'll find an abundance of pictures and info.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
butternut
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I will go to the other thread and take a tour!!
butternut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: