DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #91
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

I just listed 200 points with David's this morning with AKV as the home resort. I hope it helps someone on here!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #92
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

Gosh I hope it's me. I am wait listed for an AKL standard studio and can't stand the wait!!!
gweninwb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #93
JillaMagilla
Learned My Ears

We have used them to rent excess points. To really benefit, you have to set up an alert system on your email to immediately notify you when they contact you about a deal. There is software you can install that will do that (pop up and audio alert on your computer and send a message to your phone). The notification is critica,l because they operate on a "first come, first to get the rental" system. You have to respond immediately to have any chance at being at the first party to secure the rental. Also, I sense that at any given time they have more points in inventory to rent than they have incoming requests for rentals.
JillaMagilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #94
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillaMagilla View Post
.......(snip)...... Also, I sense that at any given time they have more points in inventory to rent than they have incoming requests for rentals.
Right now that isn't true. David very recently raised the price he pays owners for their points. Demand is exceeding his ability to meet it (at least temporarily).

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #95
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

David's is busy right now. There were not points available for me when I sent my request. I ended up renting privately from an owner.
gweninwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #96
Tropics
Mouseketeer

I can confirm that David's is very busy right bow but a lot seems to do with home resort for the points. I recall getting an email a few weeks ago about a special for renting SSR points at a discount.

I had both good and not so good luck with David's. I wanted both a BLT and an AKV reservation for December. We couldn't get the BLT but we got the AKV studio savanna view for December right away. I think that BLT is just super tough to get when renting points if you are prior to the 7 month window.

When they did have points for us David's was really responsive and the whole transaction was very quick and easy.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #97
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

We just received confirmation this morning for our trip in November to AKV - Kidani. We reserved a 2 bedroom savannah view. Very excited! The process is quite easy. Hope all of you have the same luck as we did.

JT

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #98
OhioDVC
Mouseketeer

How do you know who you are really renting from?

I've heard a lot of good things about renting from David's but he is just a broker bringing the member and renter together, right? How do you know anything about the member who is actually renting you the points? Do you get references about the actual member?
OhioDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #99
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

You don't. Instead, David promises to make good if the owner flakes out---either finding you replacement lodging or fully refunding your money. See the Sample Agreement on his site for details.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #100
OneMoreTry

DIS Veteran

I think I would use this site if I ever rented out my points.

I try to use every point I have, but if I was every in a situation where I couldn't use or bank them, I would much rather get something out of them than just lose them.

Hopefully, I will never need to, though
OneMoreTry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #101
rsschneck
DIS Party Bus Queen

Praising David's

Just yesterday I put up 220 SSR points and 202 OKW points that I knew we were not going to use. Within minutes I had 2 requests emailed to me from David's. The first request was for the entire 220 SSR points and the second request used all of the 202 OKW points plus I had to borrow a few points into 2014 use year (my choice and I was okay with that).

Took me a few minutes to call member services and make the 2 separate reservations.

The first contract was signed within a couple of hours and our 50% was deposited the same afternoon. The second contract was signed this morning and our 50% for that reservation has been deposited already.

I can't believe how fast the process was and I am thrilled that my part is complete and I just have to wait for the rest of the money to come in when the guests check in to their villas.

For those interested: The SSR points were used for a 2 bedroom standard view @ AKV (7 month reservation) and the OKW points were used for a 2 bedroom OKW reservation (11 month reservation).

rsschneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #102
abbymurray
Earning My Ears

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
We have been cruising a lot the last couple years and have accumulated DVC banked points.
We have not wanted to hassle with renting but just could not find time to go to Disney and could not give away to our married kids(they did not want).
Sunday night I listed my 150 banked points with David's. The form asks the number of total points this use year which also included points we could bank into next year.
I figured hope for the best and if need be I would do a moms trip with a few friends if points hadn't rented within a few months.
WOW---Monday morning I had request for 122 points. I made reservation and when I sat down to lunch the payment had hit my email.
I was amazed and very thankful for Davids.
I had hope that the rest would be rented by when the current ones needed to be banked at end of March.
Today, I got a request for the rest of them and made that reservation.
I now have $2000 spending money for my cruise.
Again, very impressed with the ease of using David's Rentals and thankful for the service they provide.

Likewise. We could not use our points for 2013 and was looking to sell them. we were paid 1/2 of the sale price now and will be paid the balance at the time of the trip. Super easy. Davids sent a very clear agreement on Thursday. I signed electronically. On Friday, they had a buyer. I received the buyers details (dates, names, ages, and address) and booked their room. Same day we had cash in our paypal account! Thank you Davids.

abbymurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #103
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

I apologize if this info is out there and readily available as I did not read through all of the posts on this thread, I was just browsing...and without contacting David, (as I am not renting out points or looking to rent points) I am just wondering what the best way to get info on how Davids rental process works?

Such as, how much do the points rent for when someone wants to rent a DVC resort to take a vacation? And how much does the owner get paid per point?
Does the owner who is renting out their points have to book the reservation? If so, what if the owners points get rented, but the reservation is not available?

Just curious. I have a couple of co-workers that would probably rent out points for a DVC resort instead of paying for a hotel room and would like to pass on some reliable information.

TIA

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #104
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
I apologize if this info is out there and readily available as I did not read through all of the posts on this thread, I was just browsing...and without contacting David, (as I am not renting out points or looking to rent points) I am just wondering what the best way to get info on how Davids rental process works?

Such as, how much do the points rent for when someone wants to rent a DVC resort to take a vacation? And how much does the owner get paid per point?
Does the owner who is renting out their points have to book the reservation? If so, what if the owners points get rented, but the reservation is not available?

Just curious. I have a couple of co-workers that would probably rent out points for a DVC resort instead of paying for a hotel room and would like to pass on some reliable information.

TIA
All the information you might need, either as an owner or a renter, is on the website. Here is a link.
http://www.dvcrequest.com/
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #105
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbymurray View Post
Likewise. We could not use our points for 2013 and was looking to sell them. we were paid 1/2 of the sale price now and will be paid the balance at the time of the trip. Super easy. Davids sent a very clear agreement on Thursday. I signed electronically. On Friday, they had a buyer. I received the buyers details (dates, names, ages, and address) and booked their room. Same day we had cash in our paypal account! Thank you Davids.

I was hoping my experience would have been the same. I listed BLT points last week, and have only received one reservation request....and it was for more points than I could even borrow.

With all the praises of such fast service, and larger demand than supply, I thought for sure my points would be gone by now. Still hopeful they will rent out soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: