DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMomfrom PA View Post
Can I just google David's rentals because I just realized that I have 162 banked points which need to be used by 7-31-13 and I know that we won't be able to use them either in Florida or elsewhere. Thanks!
I would look for Davids dvc rentals. There is another david company in the US.
Let us know if they rent as fast as mine. Good luck!
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
Candace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMomfrom PA View Post
Can I just google David's rentals because I just realized that I have 162 banked points which need to be used by 7-31-13 and I know that we won't be able to use them either in Florida or elsewhere. Thanks!
www.dvcrequest.com
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
Candace
DIS Veteran

I think I would like to use his site as well, but I am confused.... Do I as the owner, make the ressie, or does David? How is that easier than posting on the Rent/trade board here? thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #19
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace
I think I would like to use his site as well, but I am confused.... Do I as the owner, make the ressie, or does David? How is that easier than posting on the Rent/trade board here? thanks!
You make the reservation.

It is much easier than the R/T board in several ways. First, you get ALL of the info you need to book the rental the first time; there is no back and forth with the renter filling in the blanks. Second, you don't need to discuss / explain / negotiate terms with the renter. You get half of your money up front and the balance when they checkin.

Having rented out points several times "on my own", I will never do it again because David's was so easy and fast.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #20
standardgirl
believing in magic

Does anyone feel like the unbalance supply (DVC owners) and demand (renters) of DVC point (not enough owners compared to renters) may trigger any price adjustment? I mean, this is principle of economics, no?

Just a thought - make the rental price $14pp, and payment to owner $11pp may solve the unbalance supply/demand issue, no?

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning
2013 ABD Peru

wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #21
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl View Post
Does anyone feel like the unbalance supply (DVC owners) and demand (renters) of DVC point (not enough owners compared to renters) may trigger any price adjustment? I mean, this is principle of economics, no?

Just a thought - make the rental price $14pp, and payment to owner $11pp may solve the unbalance supply/demand issue, no?
Yep - supply and demand. It is what I thought of when I read thru this thread.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #22
twoj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl

Well you have to look at what it would cost to rent the same room through Disney. I booked a stay in Hilton head and noticed if someone used David's it might be more expensive than just booking through Disney.
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
cupcakemkc
Earning My Ears

So simple

i just rented 110 points using Davids rental site, i own at BLT and my points were rented in under 2 hours and payment in 2 days, easiest transaction i've ever had. I can't recommend this company enough!
cupcakemkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
Candace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
You make the reservation.

It is much easier than the R/T board in several ways. First, you get ALL of the info you need to book the rental the first time; there is no back and forth with the renter filling in the blanks. Second, you don't need to discuss / explain / negotiate terms with the renter. You get half of your money up front and the balance when they checkin.

Having rented out points several times "on my own", I will never do it again because David's was so easy and fast.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for your reply! I also have rented "on my own" a few times (although it was quite a few years ago), and it was a headache. I spent a lot of time back and forth with MS, which was not always easy, with wait time, etc. It does strike me as interesting, however, that members still receive $10 per point generally, and that is what I received a decade or more ago.....
Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

I don't often chime into these threads but want you to know that I try listen to all comments good and bad with an open mind. I am very greatful for the time you spend discussing my business. In this case, I have listened and respond with:

This is a limited time offer and I hope many DVC Members will take advantage of this offer and try our services.

~ David
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #26
czmom
DIS Veteran

David-

That is awesome! I am a new DVC member at BLT, currently in the ROFR phase. Once everything gets finalized, I will be coming to you with 125+ points to rent out. I wish I had them available today to take advantage of this great deal.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #27
Daddio
David's Vacation Club Rentals

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
David-

That is awesome! I am a new DVC member at BLT, currently in the ROFR phase. Once everything gets finalized, I will be coming to you with 125+ points to rent out. I wish I had them available today to take advantage of this great deal.
Super!!

Contact me when you get them. I have a backlog of guests waiting for BLT points.

~ David
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
rockchick04
Earning My Ears

We rented through David's for our trip in Nov. at VWL. Excellent service, excellent stay! Will definitely be using again, recommend 110%!! Wish we had time/money to go on another trip!
rockchick04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #29
pharmlivin
Mouseketeer

Just got email from DAVE

offering a 1.00 bonus (11 dollars a point) if you sign up today to rent your points because of the increased demand.

Not sure how OP made 2000 renting 150 points ...Maybe I missed something. I'll go back a reread the post.
pharmlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

David,

As an owner, I am only hesitant to use your service to rent out points because your payments to owners have not increased in the last 3 years (at least from memory).

While $10/pp may have been sufficient 2 or 3 years ago, dues have gone up so much that $10/pp is a loss for most owners, especially those who bought direct.

I have points that are much in demand ~ Aulani, BWV & AKV points, which also happens to pretty high dues. It is not worth it to rent out points for $10 if I can't even cover dues + $ for the initial buy in spread over the life of the contract. Although I'd love to use your service I think perhaps there should be consideration given to the increase in dues lately in terms of the $ per point given to owners.

That way, you won't have a backlog of renters "waiting" for availability.

If you clear your backlog, you make more money too.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I don't often chime into these threads but want you to know that I try listen to all comments good and bad with an open mind. I am very greatful for the time you spend discussing my business. In this case, I have listened and respond with:

This is a limited time offer and I hope many DVC Members will take advantage of this offer and try our services.

~ David
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: