DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

VERY Impressed with Davids

We have been cruising a lot the last couple years and have accumulated DVC banked points.
We have not wanted to hassle with renting but just could not find time to go to Disney and could not give away to our married kids(they did not want).
Sunday night I listed my 150 banked points with David's. The form asks the number of total points this use year which also included points we could bank into next year.
I figured hope for the best and if need be I would do a moms trip with a few friends if points hadn't rented within a few months.
WOW---Monday morning I had request for 122 points. I made reservation and when I sat down to lunch the payment had hit my email.
I was amazed and very thankful for Davids.
I had hope that the rest would be rented by when the current ones needed to be banked at end of March.
Today, I got a request for the rest of them and made that reservation.
I now have $2000 spending money for my cruise.
Again, very impressed with the ease of using David's Rentals and thankful for the service they provide.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm just curious, so free free to ignore my question, LOL - I'm wondering what the home resort of the points were and if you were using the home resort advantage to book the requested reservations.

I'm postulating that some resorts rent faster than others and thinking that was part of your good luck with the timing.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm just curious, so free free to ignore my question, LOL - I'm wondering what the home resort of the points were and if you were using the home resort advantage to book the requested reservations.

I'm postulating that some resorts rent faster than others and thinking that was part of your good luck with the timing.
Me too. Very curious.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

From the other end, I am renting pts through David's for the first time for our summer 2013 trip (awaiting ROFR for our first DVC contract right now), and it was extremely easy, and very fast. Customer service was wonderful. I'm kicking myself for not knowing about points renting all of our previous visits! We tend to plan very much in advance--like on the long plane ride home for the following summer, so I'm sure that made our request even easier to fill. Once we are DVC owners (fingers crossed), I imagine I'll use David's to rent out points, if needed.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
twoj
Mouseketeer

I also had a similar experience... Rented my points in less than 2-3 days. For the record I own BCV but the renters are staying at Animal Kingdom. So owning BCV had no affect on Te ease of renting . Thanks David's
twoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

My home resort is Boardwalk. Banked points (150) had to be used by July 31 of this year.
One rental was SSR and one OKW. One was in March and other in June of this year.
I also used some of this year's points that I would have otherwise banked.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

That does not surprise me. I am currently on a wait list to rent points for a stay in December at AKL. Cannot book the rooms until they have the points, which they do not have at this time. It is my understanding that they have quite a lot of people who want to rent points but not enough members to rent points out right now so that is probably why your points rented so quickly. We are all on the edge of our seats waiting in a queue for new members to sell their points right now
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

I'm another happy David's customer - I've rented out points from both SSR and AKL. Fast and efficient and the staff has been great to work with!!
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
melindaPR
Mouseketeer

Twoj, maybe I'm your renter! I'll be at AKV in July in pts rented through David's. :-)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

You all will love AKV. We have stayed there twice and had a reservation there in May but we decided to cruise instead.
I love my Boardwalk but something about sitting on a balcony watching giraffes wander is more interesting than people watching at BW.
For the poster waiting on a December reservation, I would expect it to be awhile. Unless someone who owns at AK lists points, owners at other resorts could not make your reservation until the 7 month window opens in May. AK is very big and I have gotten reservations there as close as 2 months to arrival. Good luck-- AK is awesome!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
You all will love AKV. We have stayed there twice and had a reservation there in May but we decided to cruise instead.
I love my Boardwalk but something about sitting on a balcony watching giraffes wander is more interesting than people watching at BW.
For the poster waiting on a December reservation, I would expect it to be awhile. Unless someone who owns at AK lists points, owners at other resorts could not make your reservation until the 7 month window opens in May. AK is very big and I have gotten reservations there as close as 2 months to arrival. Good luck-- AK is awesome!
Thank you for saying this. I really want to stay here and I am trying to be patient but I keep hearing that the week we are going is when a lot of DVC members go and use their points (second week in dec) and I might be out of luck really hoping for the best!
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
That does not surprise me. I am currently on a wait list to rent points for a stay in December at AKL. Cannot book the rooms until they have the points, which they do not have at this time. It is my understanding that they have quite a lot of people who want to rent points but not enough members to rent points out right now so that is probably why your points rented so quickly. We are all on the edge of our seats waiting in a queue for new members to sell their points right now
You and me both! They warned me about the same thing. And we're trying to get VGC which is pretty hard given how few rooms they have. I'm probably going to make a hotel reservation soon just as a back-up.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #13
Sarah'sMomfrom PA
Welcomed Guest
Mutters about drawbridges and pencils...

Can I just google David's rentals because I just realized that I have 162 banked points which need to be used by 7-31-13 and I know that we won't be able to use them either in Florida or elsewhere. Thanks!
Sarah'sMomfrom PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #14
Dean1972
Mouseketeer

I am also in same boat. Points not available for 18th - 20th December
Correspondence from Davids has been fantastic, but I may also hold a ressie with a backup hotel as we will be flying home to Australia on the 20h
Can't wait !
Dean1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
DisneyHeather
DIS Veteran

I listed some points with David's for rental at AKV and within two days they'd found someone and I'd booked the room. I agree it was very easy to work with David's and I'd do it again if I needed to rent my points.

Of course at this point I've booked a December trip for myself that's taking all my AKV points and at 7 months I'll try to change to BLT with my VGC points added in so I won't have points to rent out for awhile now

DisneyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: