Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
gayles
DIS Veteran

Question **** 3 day cruise imfo ****

Because of GS - Fall Break (short Time) we can only do 3 day Cruise fm PC Please tell me all you can - Tip's How to make the best of 3 day's we will then go for 1 day to Disney World .... this is in Oct 2013 TYIA
November 2011-Wilderness Lodge
October 2012- Poly
October 2013 - Universal
March 2014 Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 Animal Kingdom

gayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
kristie03
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I'm just got off a 3 day on the Dream on Sunday and my piece of advice to you would be to realize ahead of time that you won't be able to do EVERYTHING during a 3 day cruise.

That being said, even though its not a long cruise you can get everything out of it you want...its great fun.

DL - Apr. 1992/Off Property - May 1996/Caribbean Beach - Nov. 1997, Feb. 2004, May 2006/Port Orleans Riverside - Apr. 2009, Jan. 2010/SSR - Mar 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2012/BLT - Jul. 2010, Nov. 2010, June 2011, June 2012/AKV Jambo - Apr. 2011/Beach Club - Oct 2011/BWV - Sept 2012//BCV - Dec 2012/Disney Dream - Nov. 2011, Jan 2013, Aug 2013/Disney Fantasty - Mar. 2012 (MV)/Disney Magic - Jul. 2012
kristie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
gayles
DIS Veteran

Question

prev posted ---- Thanks --- any Hint's or Fact's I should know would ls be great... Do they have Bingo ????
October 2012- Poly
October 2013 - Universal

Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayles View Post
prev posted ---- Thanks --- any Hint's or Fact's I should know would ls be great... Do they have Bingo ????
They do have Bingo...I thought it was pricey but the winnings are apparently good. Take a highlighter - or 1 for each member of the party - and review the Navigator each evening so you know what each wants to do the next day. Like kristie said, don't plan to do it all or you'll be frustrated and disappointed. But no need for that as there is plenty to do and you'll enjoy whatever you choose to do.

If you are cruising on the Dream and want to do the AquaDuck, a good time is during the Nassau port day - particularly in the morning or early afternoon while many are off the ship at excursions. Avoid the pools in mid- to late afternoons as they get way too crowded; again mornings are best.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Skip Nassau and do as much on the ship as you can that day. I highly recommend doing the "Midship Detective Agency" with the kids, they will love it!
Of course, ride the Aquaduck!
Like Kristie said, you will NEVER be able to do everything, so accept that and do what you can.
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

As a previous poster stated, go in knowing you will not be able to do everything. Make a list of your must-do's. I would suggest missing one of the evening shows to utilize that time for exploring, if you find your list is too long and fear you will miss out on something; if missing a show, I would skip Villains.

Eat breakfast and lunch in Cabanas. You will be able to visit the dining rooms for dinner, and having the other meals in Cabanas will allow you to eat at your own pace (more quick if you would like more time for exploring the ship or participating in activities).

For adults, don't miss Match Your Mate and visit Cove Cafe for treats (food items are no charge; drinks have a fee).

If you do want to get off the ship in Nassau (I'm a big pro-getting-off-the-ship-to-visit-another-country person), consider taking a stroll to Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle, with a few short stops in shops. Oh, and get your passport stamped. This activity takes just a couple of hours, and allows you to still maximize time on the ship.

I'll try and come up with more ideas for you!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

As previous posters have mentioned, you will not be able to do everything on a three day.

Best tip, get the earliest port arrival time you can and board the ship as early as possible. People who board at 2:00 or 3:00 PM really miss out on prime ship exploration and orientation time. The ship is huge and you will need some time to get the feel for where everything is. Embarkation afternoon is great for that. They even have a ship tour that you can take.

Staying on the ship in Nassau is a good tip. If this is your first time in Nassau, this may seem difficult, however, there really is nothing there that you must see. You can do so much on a less crowded ship that day. Definitely do the Aqua Duck on that morning or when there is less of a line.

Sail Away party is a must, if you want a good viewing spot on deck 12 go straight there from the safety drill, don't go back to your room first. Cabanas for breakfast and lunch is also a good tip. We typically waste a lot of time going to the main dining room for those meals. You will get a good sit down full service breakfast in a main dining room on debark day, so you will get to experience that, albeit in a bit of a hurry-up mode.

Mid-ship detective agency is great but be prepared for a workout, you will visit almost every deck both fore and aft to solve the mystery.

Another top tip, if you and your family are up to it, don't wait for the elevators, they take forever. Just use the stairs.

At Castaway Cay, again you will not be able to do everything. Decide in advance what activities you would like to do, but keep it simple. Get an early breakfast and get to the beach early. We usually go back to the ship soon after lunch. This afternoon is also a good time to see and do things on the ship.

If you want to shop in the stores on the ship. Do that the first or second night, the stores are not open when the ship is in port or the debark morning, so get that done before time gets away from you.

Go to the main theater shows if you can. If you miss one, make it Villans Tonight. At the very least, see Disney's Believe. If you can't get to the theater, the shows are on the TV in your stateroom, on demand.

Hope all of this helps...

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
gayles
DIS Veteran

Question

Thank's everyone ... Keep them comming ... I love all the hint's ...
October 2012- Poly
October 2013 - Universal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: