Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Any 8 day Navigators for the Magic

I know the first 8 day sailing out of Galveston just returned...I'm wondering if anyone has posted the Navigators yet?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Mikeyto_96
OKraysDisneySon

Actually the first 8 day from Galveston leaves on Friday (Jan 18). I plan to post a review upon my return.

Mikeyto_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Cackyschmackers
Cruise dreamin'

8-Night from Galveston Magic Navigators

Actually, the 8-days from Galveston started the last week of Dec, and we just got off the 8-day Western Caribbean on Jan 12, 2013. I think you are doing the "new" 8-day itinerary, but I am betting the Navigators I have will be extremely similar. Let me know if you have a specific question. It was very similar to the Magic 7-day Eastern Caribbean we did last year; same shows; same kids' activities; new talent of course.
Cackyschmackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cackyschmackers View Post
Actually, the 8-days from Galveston started the last week of Dec, and we just got off the 8-day Western Caribbean on Jan 12, 2013. I think you are doing the "new" 8-day itinerary, but I am betting the Navigators I have will be extremely similar. Let me know if you have a specific question. It was very similar to the Magic 7-day Eastern Caribbean we did last year; same shows; same kids' activities; new talent of course.
Thank you! I was wondering if you could tell me what show they have each night...and if they post a 18-21 group meet anywhere in the Navigators. It's my oldest DD's first time being too old for the clubs and she's worried about meeting people her age.
Thanks so much!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Cackyschmackers
Cruise dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Thank you! I was wondering if you could tell me what show they have each night...and if they post a 18-21 group meet anywhere in the Navigators. It's my oldest DD's first time being too old for the clubs and she's worried about meeting people her age.
Thanks so much!
Yes, I will; and Yes, they did have the 18-21 meet more than once. If you don't mind, I will wait until tonite to post the info for you. I hope you guys have a blast!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Cackyschmackers
Cruise dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Thanks so much!
Here they are from our 8-day from Galveston: I bet your Pirate Night might be on a different day:

Day 1 Show: All Aboard w/Kevin Johnson and Mike Super; Club 18*21 Social 10pm Diversions
Day 2 Show: Twice Charmed; Club 18*21; lunch at Parrot Cay, 10pm Diversions
Day 3 Show: Mike Super; Club 18*21 Same as Day 1
Day 4 Show: Villians Tonight; Club 18*21 Same as Day 2
Day 5 Show Wreck it Ralph (this was our Pirate Night); Club 18*21 5:15pm Wii Challenge @ Rockin Bar D
Day 6 Show: Ricky Kalmon; Club 18*21 4:30 Game Board Challenge; 10pm Social
Day 7 Show Disney Dreams; Club 18*21 Same as Day 1
Day 8 Show Remember the Magic; Club 18*21 Same as Day 2

Have fun!!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cackyschmackers View Post
Here they are from our 8-day from Galveston: I bet your Pirate Night might be on a different day:

Day 1 Show: All Aboard w/Kevin Johnson and Mike Super; Club 18*21 Social 10pm Diversions
Day 2 Show: Twice Charmed; Club 18*21; lunch at Parrot Cay, 10pm Diversions
Day 3 Show: Mike Super; Club 18*21 Same as Day 1
Day 4 Show: Villians Tonight; Club 18*21 Same as Day 2
Day 5 Show Wreck it Ralph (this was our Pirate Night); Club 18*21 5:15pm Wii Challenge @ Rockin Bar D
Day 6 Show: Ricky Kalmon; Club 18*21 4:30 Game Board Challenge; 10pm Social
Day 7 Show Disney Dreams; Club 18*21 Same as Day 1
Day 8 Show Remember the Magic; Club 18*21 Same as Day 2

Have fun!!
Thank you so much! I'm getting so excited, our cruise is just a little over three weeks away! Also, a little stressed because I still have so much to do to get ready for it!
Just one last question....what was your dining rotation? Thanks so much for all your info!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Has anyone posted copies of the actual Navigators yet for the 8 day cruise?
SunshineCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
mareed
DIS Veteran

I believe the early January 8 night cruise from Galveston was a unique itinerary that isn't being done again - Western Caribbean, I think it was. All the future 8 night cruises are to Bahamas including Castaway Cay and 1 day at WDW. I'd think the navigators would be different taking into account the WDW day since few people will remain on the ship, and many people will miss dinner. I wonder if they'll alter the dinner rotation based on that even?

I think the first 8 night cruise for the future itinerary left Jan 18 and is still sailing now. Hopefully next weekend after they return, we'll see more information!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

If you are taking the new 8-day Bahamian itinerary, the first trip sailed on January 18. We can get the actual navigators and learn how the dining rotation works when they return! I'm taking this trip in may
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
If you are taking the new 8-day Bahamian itinerary, the first trip sailed on January 18. We can get the actual navigators and learn how the dining rotation works when they return! I'm taking this trip in may
I didn't realize that this cruise was unique, I thought it was to WDW - my mistake. Someone did call and post the dining rotations for the 8 night leaving Feb. 15th they are as follows:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

I hope I don't get #2, but I don't think I'm going to bother putting in a request. I think I will leave it up to fate, I am more worried about getting some good table mates.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

It's called Bahamas but it goes to castaway cay, wow and key west. From what I understand this is a new itinerary, same one they did out of NY. The first of this itinerary is sailing now.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCruiser View Post
I didn't realize that this cruise was unique, I thought it was to WDW - my mistake. Someone did call and post the dining rotations for the 8 night leaving Feb. 15th they are as follows:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

I hope I don't get #2, but I don't think I'm going to bother putting in a request. I think I will leave it up to fate, I am more worried about getting some good table mates.
I dont understand the letters you posted as the first rotation, if you start with Lumieres?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
SunshineCruiser
Mouseketeer

L= Lumieres
A = Animator's Palate
P = Parrot Cay

and I guess O = none
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
catislander
Mouseketeer

Any word if Palo will be open that night?
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: