Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Can you hook an AppleTV up to resort hotel TVs?

Let me preface this post by saying that my DH does not enjoy going to the parks. He's just not a park person. I drug him around once, and I promised not to force him to go again! He's much more of a "lounge in the room, relax by the pool and bar" kind of guy. I don't hold it against him at all as I knew he was that way before I married him. We'd meet up for meals and to do things outside the parks as we won't be in the parks daily.

That being said, with the new TVs that are in the resort rooms, is it possible to bring an AppleTV and hook them up via an HDMI cable? I know that some hotels do not allow hooking up any gaming systems or outside "boxes". I know that he would want to be able to watch movies and whatnot, and the AppleTV is super compact so it would be very easy to travel with. Just looking for solutions!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

I may have an answer...I forgot that each iDevice would have to log into the WiFi and accept the TOS. Ugh.
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

To answer your original question, yes most of the new TVs in the rooms have an HDMI port that is accessible.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
CourtneyL
Mouseketeer

We've used an AppleTV at a hotel before (not Disney). We had to set it up so that the AppleTV shared the internet from the laptop. It worked well.

(In October 2011 we had a big snowstorm that knocked out power for 10 days. After two days at home with no heat, no power, and a two month old baby, we went to a hotel and stayed there for a week. That is where we used the AppleTV)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
I drug him around once, and I promised not to force him to go again!
I don't have an answer for you, but I read this too fast and thought it said "I drugged him once, and I promised not to force him to go again" Yeah I had to re-read that.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: