Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
DaddyNash
Earning My Ears

Feedback on Fantasy stateroom 12004?

Hey guys, we are booked in 12004 on the Fantasy next Fall, wondering if anyone has stayed there and if so if you have any feedback positive or negative? We've been in 12520 before (a suite) which we LOVED, but unfortunately all of the suites are already booked on this trip. Anyway, this is where the agent put us, but now I'm wondering if we shouldn't request to be moved further back in order to avoid sun deck noise from above, potential ship motion and/or a super-windy deck. Thanks a bunch.
DaddyNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
phinz
12 Volt Man

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southeast of Disorder

We just were in 12004 last week. Sun deck noise was quite obvious at times, with children running overhead (how that was possible, I don't know) and loungers being dragged around early in the morning. I love the fact that it's as isolated as you can get without being in the WD Suite, and it has slightly nicer appointments because of its attachment to the WD Suite. We had brown wooden interior doors. Others I saw had white. We had marble and tile in the bathrooms that were different from the other staterooms farther aft as well.

The ship motion that far forward and up is going to be heavy regardless if you're in rough seas. It was a roller coaster for us the first two nights. If you're going to be in Concierge you're still going to experience that. There is nobody higher on the ship. The wind those first two nights was like a hurricane too. I couldn't get the door open the first night because my wife had the stateroom verandah door open trying to get some air while she was seasick. It was that strong a wind.

I would sail in 12004 again in a heartbeat. It's quiet as a tomb down there, and I liked it that way. Other than the deck noise and the fact that 12006 can look right onto your verandah because of the bumpout, I thought it was perfect. My wife would choose the Deck 11, as far aft as possible in Concierge because of the motion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: