Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear the rest. We are doing this itinerary on April 27.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #32
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
Can't wait to hear the rest. We are doing this itinerary on April 27.
I'm jealous... you're going to have a great time. The weather was magnificent even in January.
MrRay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures it is getting really excited for our trip in 8 months

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #34
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Cruise Day 4, Costa Maya Part 2

This port is kind of unusual. It's a 7 minute brisk walk from the ship to the port area. Once there it's pretty much a weird resort area. There is a pool that it seemed that anyone could just go in and it was surrounded by little shops and a couple restaurants. We wandered around a bit but there really wasn't anything here for us. One of the dolphin experiences is right here also and anyone can see it pretty easily.

We couldn't have been there for more than an hour...if that...and headed back to the ship.

It's fun being on the dock right next to the Fantasy because you get a real good look at the Aquaduck shooting off the side.

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and riding the Aquaduck again. It's pretty fun with another ship so close. It gets hard deciding what to look at.

After washing up we went down to Deck 4 to watch us sail away.

Here's another bit of Disney pride. We pulled away before the Norwegian ship and it was fun watching everyone on that ship taking pictures of us pulling away. The Fantasy looks so nice with all of the lights lit up and especially with the lights underwater on...Those are my favorite. And then just as we were off the dock they played a quick horn blast "Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for Me"... the icing on the cake.

We had just enough time to run into the theater to catch "Wishes"...
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #35
Majordis
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your report - we are taking this cruise in May
Majordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
DH6230
Earning My Ears

Really enjoyed your trip report, nice job. I have a question for you. How far is the disboards welcome center from the port? My wife wants to go by and say hi. Is it walking distance from the port. Thank you!
DH6230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH6230 View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report, nice job. I have a question for you. How far is the disboards welcome center from the port? My wife wants to go by and say hi. Is it walking distance from the port. Thank you!
It's less maybe a 5 minute drive... But not walkable.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Cruise Day 4, Costa Maya Part 3

So just a reminder, I work in the entertainment industry. I work on a lot of Theater... A LOT of theater, some of which is on Broadway. So I cringe a little when I hear that anything that Disney has in it's theme parks or on the ships is Broadway quality. Please don't take any offense to this if you like the shows, just understand where I'm coming from.

"Wishes" I think it definitely aimed at the younger crowd, it has a very "Disney Channel" vibe to it. It uses 3 kids in Disneyland celebrating their upcoming high school graduation as vehicle for moving through Disney musical numbers. So it's basically a montage show. It wasn't for me. Kids probably love it though, there are loads of characters in it.

We decided on "Skyline" for some pre-dinner drinks. We wanted to try some of those drinks we had made in Mixology class a couple days prior. Our man Patrick was there and mixed up Jenna's favorite, Paris 75, a blue pineapple type drink, and mine, BerryOska, a blueberry and Lime based something or other. Honestly after your first drink in that class it gets a little hard to remember what goes into everything else.

Paris 75...

Dinner was in Animator's Palette for the animation show. Dinner is a little more structured here because they have to keep the schedule of the show. There is only 1 appetizer and it's a combination of 3 things, I can't remember but it was good. I also had a lamb dish that was excellent.

Not much of an artist...

Through the whole dinner they play a video montage of Disney movies that have to deal with food. There's a lot of Ratatouille in there but all kinds of stuff going way back in their catalog. The smaller screens show concept art from what's being shown. It seems like they really dig through the Disney vault for the art on this ship and its easy to appreciate.
Everyone was tired at dinner and we all stared at the screens all night...it was pretty soothing actually.

The dessert sampler had a few different desserts but I only wanted to Tiramisu, Diartha hooked me up...

We took a quick stroll through the lobby, which we were a little surprised was still decorated for Christmas for the entire cruise.

Then we crashed...Cozumel Next.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #39
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Love this TR! You guys are such a cute couple

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #40
ohanaMAMA
DIS Veteran

Great Trip report You have me interested in that mixology class. looks like fun!
08' Mommy and Daddy ALONE on the WONDER!
'10 POR took our niece Patience with us!
'12 POFQ with the Reeses and the Stickles

ohanaMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #41
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Aw, I love the hidden mickey in the oranament! Great pic!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #42
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

The photos of the foyer are beautiful. What time did you take these to manage to get no people in the pics?
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #43
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
The photos of the foyer are beautiful. What time did you take these to manage to get no people in the pics?
I had good luck in the morning, most of these were probably around breakfast time. A lot of people go to Cabanas instead of the other restaurants. I was never able to stay up late enough to see when it gets empty at night.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #44
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohanaMAMA View Post
Great Trip report You have me interested in that mixology class. looks like fun!
I strongly recommend it, at $15 a person I don't think you can go wrong with 5 drinks.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #45
dort
Mouseketeer

Great trip report so far
dort is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: