Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #106
antree
DIS Veteran

We just ate there in Dec. glad we did because I just told my DH hope you enjoyed it because with the price increase that's the last time we will go. The food is good, the soup is great the bread on the table is good. I just don't think it was fantastic to spend that much money now. We always did lunch for the lower price and the prime rib sandwich, then they took that away. I don't feel it's enough food for the price either. I had to get the steak for lunch in Dec because I didn't go there to eat a burger. The price was high, the steak was small and it was not what I wanted for lunch. Oh well, at this rate, eating in Disney will start costing me less, because we are going to start sticking with pizza and counter service meals.
There is a lot of changes going on with all menus and for my family it is a change for the bad. We usually eat one sit down a day. In Dec with so many menu changes, we only had 4 sit downs out of 8 nights, I cancelled the others days before check in when I started noticing the menu changes.
We did the meal plan twice since it started. The last time was 3 years ago. I will not do that anymore either, with that price increase it is getting out of hand.I Really wish they would just get over it and get rid of it. The food prices and quality is suffering because of it. Besides I cannot justify 56.00 for my 10 year old with allergies and not a big appetite. With our 10 day trip in the planning, Le Cellier will not be one of them this time.{it usually is with every trip}. Out of the 10 nights we might do 3 sit downs this time. It's a shame, but that is what is best for my family.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #107
baler31
DIS Veteran

I really don't care about the prices if the amount of tables were reduced so that you were not sitting in the lap of your neighbor and they maintained items I would actually want to eat in summer weather at Disney.

Not everyone desires huge portions and tons of beef at lunch. We will miss the mussels, chicken and chipotle app, rock shrimp, miso salmon and salmon sliders. My DH and DS would share the burger and one of the aforementioned app's and still have food left over. My DD and I would order one of the other apps and entrees and once again still have food left over.

I did not like the situation with so many tables in a small space and agree that there could be an attitude with the hostess/management but we never experienced it first hand just overheard a few things while waiting. We were lucky enough to have some outstanding servers with only one experience with poor service.

I know it is not popular but the dining plan is responsible for reducing the items offered at lunch. Everyone wanted dinner reservations so they could get the best value for TS credit, so it stands to reason to spread reservations around... save money at the same time by streamlining menus was an easy decision.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #108
momtojandj
Mouseketeer

Sadly I cancelled my reservation for lunch, can't see paying 30+ for lunch, when I have five in my party..expensive lunch! Going to try rose and crown instead
momtojandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #109
STLnative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie56 View Post
I think Disney portions are ridiculous mind you ..way too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie56 View Post
Bigger steak..
I'm confused. Disney portions are ridiculous already, but it's okay that the lunch steak went up almost $20 because it went from 5 oz. to 8 oz.? Even the 5 oz., when combined with an appetizer and the bread, was way too much food for me at lunchtime in the summer heat. Now I should pay more to be given an even bigger steak? We love the mushroom filet too much to give LC up altogether, but I have a feeling OH and I will be splitting that steak instead of each ordering our own next time.

Oh, and count me in with those who find the signature appetizer menu much less appealing. I will definitely miss some of my favorites from the non-signature menu. We went for dinner on our last trip because we couldn't get a lunch ADR...the heirloom tomato salad is nowhere near as good at the Tomato Stack from lunch menu was (and of course, that item is now gone for good). I also loved and will miss the Chipotle Chicken Sausage!
STLnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #110
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLnative View Post
I'm confused. Disney portions are ridiculous already, but it's okay that the lunch steak went up almost $20 because it went from 5 oz. to 8 oz.? Even the 5 oz., when combined with an appetizer and the bread, was way too much food for me at lunchtime in the summer heat. Now I should pay more to be given an even bigger steak? We love the mushroom filet too much to give LC up altogether, but I have a feeling OH and I will be splitting that steak instead of each ordering our own next time.

Oh, and count me in with those who find the signature appetizer menu much less appealing. I will definitely miss some of my favorites from the non-signature menu. We went for dinner on our last trip because we couldn't get a lunch ADR...the heirloom tomato salad is nowhere near as good at the Tomato Stack from lunch menu was (and of course, that item is now gone for good). I also loved and will miss the Chipotle Chicken Sausage!
Well I don't want steak for lunch..was just making some sense of why the increase in price for those who do.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #111
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

We're in the minority, but I consider this a good change. I like the idea of being able to get higher quality food for lunch. I wouldn't have ordered the steak anyway. For lunch, I want something lighter. The appetizers & sides look better now. The fish dish also looks good. Hopefully, this will decrease demand enough for it to no longer be a zoo in there. The restaurant won't have to be packed to the max all the time for them to make a nice profit at these prices. Plus, we don't book our trips 6 month in advance. We'll now have a better chance of getting an ADR at a time we prefer. I can see why some people are unhappy, & I feel bad for them. For us, this change means we'll be dining at LC on our next trip for the first time in years.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #112
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

DW and I discussed this change, and even though we really like Le Cellier, we have cancelled our April lunch ADR. The cost is too much to justify for an overfilling lunch. We'll probably eat there again in Sept, but for dinner.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #113
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I love LC but hate that lunch is now 2 credits. Even worse, the burger is gone. My mom is a super picky eater and that was the only item she ever ate at LC. I know when I mention the new menu our April reservation is going to be tossed out the window.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #114
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac
The burger is a big loss, it was REALLY good, we were planning to go there on our next trip just for the soup and burgers for lunch.
That's what we always do too. And even split the burger...and are still too full. I guess now it will either be no more LC, or just going in for soup.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #115
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

I hope the people who are cancelling their reservations are calling in and telling an operator why. I cancelled two ADRs by phone and both times they asked me why I was cancelling. Disney needs to know what people think of this change.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #116
JoeATC
Earning My Ears

I will join the choir and call in to cancel my lunch reservations for May. We have enjoyed the meals there and the relatively reasonable lunch prices (had lunch there Thanksgiving week). But to walk out of lunch now and pay $200 for the four of us, eh, you can keep it. I believe this will be an epic fail and within 6 months they will reconsider their move. So long Canada, hello Germany and France (or God forbid offsite restaurants).

The Yachtsman Steakhouse to me was decent but if I'm paying $45 for a steak I don't want the ambiance of Chef Mickeys (I know it's Disney, kids and all, just sayin'). I dined at Shula's and really enjoyed the meal. A filet was $48 not including sides and they do take the TiW card. The service there was excellent.

Please Disney, raise the prices some more, it will make my meal planning a lot easier! (Insert smiley face here)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #117
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I don't think this is gonna last long. I can't believe people will spend this much $$ or credits on lunch! I think dinner is way overpriced but people love 'free' dining so they will go. But lunch, first of all I don't want that much food at lunch. I would need a nap. and I can't waste valuable Disney time napping!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #118
taymorel
Mouseketeer

We have a lunch reservation for May and we were paying OOP but the prices went up too high. I thought lunch would be cheaper than dinner. I will definitely have to change that ADR. Disappointed.

2010 Contemporary
2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
2014 Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
taymorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #119
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxer1014 View Post
If it is two credits for lunch then count me out completley. After they changed to "signature" status and charged two credits for dinner, I crossed them of my list for dinner, now if lunch is two credits I will never eat there again.

Just another way for Disney to rip you off.
This is why I believe the DDP has ruined Disney Restaurants. Since Le Cellier is now two credits for dinner everything on the menu has it's price inflated so people on the DP think thet they are getting a deal. The rib eye is now $46, so ridiculous. I have an ADR for Le Cellier on Jan. 29 at 7:30 that I'm going to cancel if anyone is interested.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #120
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Cancelled our LeC lunch ADR. No way am I paying that much for lunch!!! And I don't want such a heavy lunch in any case. The burger was one of my favorite lunches.....take it away, and I no longer go there for lunch. Oh well.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: