Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
In other words, dinner prices at lunchtime. No more going for lunch because it's not as expensive as dinner.
Exactly. Lunch is now only a matter of timing. The menu and pricing is no different.

The all-day menu has been put in already at most, if not all, of the a la carte restaurants at DHS. At Epcot, Via Napoli already had an all-day menu.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Count me as disappointed. I guess we'll have to see what the menu shows, but if it is dinner prices at lunchtime, that will be enough to keep me away. Right now I have a lunch ressie and a dinner ressie (different days) for our March trip. I may be cancelling both after I see the new menu.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Exactly. Lunch is now only a matter of timing. The menu and pricing is no different.

The all-day menu has been put in already at most, if not all, of the a la carte restaurants at DHS. At Epcot, Via Napoli already had an all-day menu.
It's not just a matter of pricing. The lunch and dinner menus offered different choices.

My family prefered the lunch choices.

I'm pretty ticked since I have a lunch reservation for 1/24. Want to bet I don't have a lot of choices if I want to cancel and get a reservation at a different place at this late date?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
mwall787
Earning My Ears

I'm in the same boat as alot of other people. I have two lunch reservations for February because my wife and I loved the lunch menu and the prices were reasonable. If the menu is what they are saying it is (and no burger), we'll be canceling our reservations.
mwall787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Will the Poutine served "all day" be the lunch version (blech!) or the dinner version (passable, but still a far cry from the real thing)?
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Now that lunch will also be 2 dining entitlements I'm done with Le Cellier. I like it but it never was worth 2 entitlements for dinner. No big loss, there are plenty of other places to eat.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I'm pretty ticked since I have a lunch reservation for 1/24. Want to bet I don't have a lot of choices if I want to cancel and get a reservation at a different place at this late date?
Since it's a Thursday in late January (which also happens to be my arrival day), I suspect you will find plenty of availability at the Epcot restaurants. Go for it.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Since it's a Thursday in late January (which also happens to be my arrival day), I suspect you will find plenty of availability at the Epcot restaurants. Go for it.
Places that serve steak and cream cheese mashed potatoes? Do tell! I'm all ears.

I booked Le Cellier based on the menu that was offered at the time I booked. Is this change going to ruin my trip? Of course not but unless the new menu is the right combination of the old lunch and dinner menus, one of my children is going to be very disappointed as this has always been her favorite. She'll survive but she'll be bummed.

I haven't cancelled yet because Disney has updated their own website with the new menu.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
mjlass11
Mouseketeer

Without the prix fixe option and the burger, looks like I'll be canceling my reservation for 5 in May.... very sad. I remember when the "free dining" first came out and it was such a huge bargain (appetizer, entree, dessert &tip), now it seems to be ruining everything.
mjlass11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #25
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I'm glad we got in for lunch while we were at WDW in December. We would do lunch so we had the option of the burger for those who are not that fond of steak. Now that that is gone, we will pass on Le Ceiller.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping that someone who's down there this week will post pics of the new all-day menu.

I have a lunch ADR next Thursday as I've never been able to get in before and it's always been on my to-do list. We're on the DxDP so the fact that it's 2 TS credits isn't a huge issue, I just don't want to waste the credits, if the choices are really limited.

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'll be at WDW on Saturday but I don't know if I'll get to Epcot. Someone like Disney Food Blog may have the menu before then.

I would think it will resemble the dinner menu far more than the lunch menu. The Disney Parks Blog referenced too much lobster and egg for me (don't like either and I hate it when they put a poached egg in a salad) so I would be interested in seeing what else they have.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #28
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm

Places that serve steak and cream cheese mashed potatoes? Do tell! I'm all ears.

I booked Le Cellier based on the menu that was offered at the time I booked. Is this change going to ruin my trip? Of course not but unless the new menu is the right combination of the old lunch and dinner menus, one of my children is going to be very disappointed as this has always been her favorite. She'll survive but she'll be bummed.

I haven't cancelled yet because Disney has updated their own website with the new menu.
Even if the cream cheese mashed potatoes isn't served with the particular steak you want, you can sub. I've never had an issue subbing them for the risotto on the mushroom filet. They are still on the menu. I think they are pretty good at letting you sub. Even did this when it was two credits.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! AKL - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

I am so bummed about this. I tried the burger(my sons) for the first time this past November and I loved it!! I liked it even more than my mushroom filet!!

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #30
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteypie1118 View Post
I am so bummed about this. I tried the burger(my sons) for the first time this past November and I loved it!! I liked it even more than my mushroom filet!!

I agree, the burger is fantastic, my son would eat my fries with his filet and I would eat the risotto. Will have to go back to the filet w/ risotto, which I enjoy the filet just LOVED the burger more.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: