Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #181
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Stupid question, i was looking at Le Cellier menu and I noticed Entrees and a list of Sides. Does the Entree not include sides? Does one have to pay extra for sides or are they there for those who just want sides?
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #182
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
Stupid question, i was looking at Le Cellier menu and I noticed Entrees and a list of Sides. Does the Entree not include sides? Does one have to pay extra for sides or are they there for those who just want sides?
Those are extras. And the servings are not large, to say the least.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #183
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I actually sent Disney an email telling them how disappointed my family and I are about this change to Le Cellier. A very nice email was returned to me saying how valued my comments are. I know this is a standard answer and it changes nothing.

We plan to stop patronizing Le Cellier. If the restaurant is not full during lunch time message would be received that customers are not happy with the changes.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #184
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
The entrees include everything that is listed in the description of the entree. It is usually a starch or veg and a sauce. Further down on the menu are a list of additional items that can be purchased OOP.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #185
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

I wonder how much the change will affect the lunch crowd. Everyone predicted there would be many empty tables, when dinner went to 2 credits. I was just checking for ADRs in May & LC was booked the evenings I checked. I haven't checked for lunch yet.

There was a similar reaction, when they started requiring a CC to hold an ADR at many of the restaurants. Many here were predicting people wouldn't go for it, & WDW would back down. It's now the norm & everyone has gone about their business of making ADRs. Change is often unpleasant, but we always adapt.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #186
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I liked their old lunch menu. It was, you know, lunch food. I don't want a huge, heavy lunch meal.

Are the mashed potatoes gone? Those were the best.

I won't be going back anytime soon.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #187
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I am currently booked during lunch, but will now drop it all together. No thank you.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #188
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

For the first time in 11 years, I won't be making a lunch reservation here. Kinda sad. I sure will miss that cheeseburger, cheese soup and breadsticks. C'mon Disney, get this one right please, it really is the restaurant we look forward to the most. Not this year unfortunately.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #189
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
I wonder how much the change will affect the lunch crowd. Everyone predicted there would be many empty tables, when dinner went to 2 credits. I was just checking for ADRs in May & LC was booked the evenings I checked. I haven't checked for lunch yet.

There was a similar reaction, when they started requiring a CC to hold an ADR at many of the restaurants. Many here were predicting people wouldn't go for it, & WDW would back down. It's now the norm & everyone has gone about their business of making ADRs. Change is often unpleasant, but we always adapt.
How many people were you checking the ADR's for? I went online and looked at every day for the month of May for two and did not get a single day that there were no seatings available. Every day, including the holiday weekend were free. I also entered ADR's for four people randomly on at least a dozen dates as well including the holiday weekend and still was able to get an ADR. I personally think the once overhyped buzz of this place has been replaced with buzz kill having to dish out 2TS for that "to die for" steak.

P.S. Not saying you didn't experience booked dates... I just didn't find them with my settings and the hour I went online...

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #190
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

They got too big for their britches. IMO! Haaha I sound like my Mom. But you know what I mean!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #191
DisneyDeb83
Mouseketeer

We went to LC for lunch this past Monday. Originally had a ressie for 3, but called a week prior to add 2 more. The woman on the phone said all they had available was at 2:45 so we took it. Ended up getting there at around 1:30, asked to see if we could get in early, and....no problem, got right in. The place was less than half full. We were disappointed that the lunch menu was gone, esp since we were treating my in-laws! Husbands brother asked if he could see a kids menu and the waiter was nice enough to give us one. Three of us ordered the steaks off of it, it was certainly more than enough food for lunch. Of course my daughter, who didn't have to pay, ordered a steak off the dinner menu at either $42 or $46 (can't remember)!

Besides the price, which for lunch is too rich for us, who would ever want to eat that much food for lunch? I wasn't even able to finish my kids meal! I can't imagine that this will last very long.
DisneyDeb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #192
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDeb83 View Post
We went to LC for lunch this past Monday. Originally had a ressie for 3, but called a week prior to add 2 more. The woman on the phone said all they had available was at 2:45 so we took it. Ended up getting there at around 1:30, asked to see if we could get in early, and....no problem, got right in. The place was less than half full. We were disappointed that the lunch menu was gone, esp since we were treating my in-laws! Husbands brother asked if he could see a kids menu and the waiter was nice enough to give us one. Three of us ordered the steaks off of it, it was certainly more than enough food for lunch. Of course my daughter, who didn't have to pay, ordered a steak off the dinner menu at either $42 or $46 (can't remember)!

Besides the price, which for lunch is too rich for us, who would ever want to eat that much food for lunch? I wasn't even able to finish my kids meal! I can't imagine that this will last very long.
Now this is a very interesting, possible affordable option for lunch, the kids menu. Did they care that adults were ordering from it? Can you tell us what else was on the menu for kids? I really just want to go in there for the cheese soup and breadsticks, that's plenty for a lunch, but I don't know if that would be allowed.

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #193
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Yes, it's still one credit. It's also very expensive for those paying OOP. Many of the people on the DIS look at everything from a DDP point of view, but there are many people who visit WDW who don't use it. What I would order at lunch at LC wouldn't be much more than lunch at TI. Since we don't use DDP, we can order what we want & pay what we're willing to. For us, this was a good change. We can now get in w/o booking months in advance. Hopefully, the demand will decrease a little to improve the atmosphere. I'm sure we're not the only people who aren't upset about the change.

The DDP has had a major negative impact on the restaurants for those paying OOP. Most menus items are marked up to make DDP look like a great value. More expensive/unique items have been removed. Plus, those paying the higher prices OOP are subsidizing those using DDP who are often paying less for the same food. LC going to signature all the time levels the playing field for at least one restaurant. Those who really thought LC was the best restaurant on property, not just a great DDP value, will still find a way to dine there even if it means cutting back on something else. It's amazing how fast a restaurant can go from "can't miss" to "never again" just by increasing prices. I can understand why some are upset about the change, but there is another side to the story.
Best post I've read in a long time.

I'm all for the restaurants going to Signature status if we could get back some of those unique and different items they used to have. We never get the DDP, so we just order what we want and not have to worry about getting the "value" out of it. Sometimes a bowl of soup and an appetizer make for a great lunch. If I have the bigger lunch, I'm more likely to have something light at dinner.

I'm hoping the change also means I will no longer have to wait 45 minutes to sit for my LC reservation.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #194
DisneyDeb83
Mouseketeer

I know there was definitely the sirloin steak and chicken breast, both served with brown rice and green beans. My husband thinks there was also salmon, but that I am not 100 percent sure of. I believe there was one more item, but can not remember for the life of me. Steak and chicken were good, but not as tasty as the larger sirloin, of course, But at a cost of around 13 bucks, I was not complaining. Hubby also ordered a small cheddar soup from kids menu for $3!!

I was surprised that the waiter let us order from it, Disney would probably not approve. The waiter made out well though, brother in law added an additional twenty percent tip on top of ours! Although had we all ordered from the dinner menu, his tip would have been the same since the bill would have easily more than doubled!
DisneyDeb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #195
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it's still one credit. It's also very expensive for those paying OOP. Many of the people on the DIS look at everything from a DDP point of view, but there are many people who visit WDW who don't use it. What I would order at lunch at LC wouldn't be much more than lunch at TI. Since we don't use DDP, we can order what we want & pay what we're willing to. For us, this was a good change. We can now get in w/o booking months in advance. Hopefully, the demand will decrease a little to improve the atmosphere. I'm sure we're not the only people who aren't upset about the change.

The DDP has had a major negative impact on the restaurants for those paying OOP. Most menus items are marked up to make DDP look like a great value. More expensive/unique items have been removed. Plus, those paying the higher prices OOP are subsidizing those using DDP who are often paying less for the same food. LC going to signature all the time levels the playing field for at least one restaurant. Those who really thought LC was the best restaurant on property, not just a great DDP value, will still find a way to dine there even if it means cutting back on something else. It's amazing how fast a restaurant can go from "can't miss" to "never again" just by increasing prices. I can understand why some are upset about the change, but there is another side to the story.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: