Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of how much to tip in the following places, I want to make up and fill my tip envelopes before I leave home but will adjust them if needed at the meal. As I live in England it would be handy to have an idea of how much I'll need for each place so I can order the "correct" dominations of notes when I order my currency. I'll be at the World over Easter (I know this makes a difference to the cost of each meal!) hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any figures anyone can come up with xx
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Easter Brunch
Bome- Dinner
Coral Reef - Diner
Tusker - Breakfast
Crystal Palace -Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner
'Ohana - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Arkwrshus - Breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Dinner
Tonys - Dinner
CRT - Dinner
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of how much to tip in the following places, I want to make up and fill my tip envelopes before I leave home but will adjust them if needed at the meal. As I live in England it would be handy to have an idea of how much I'll need for each place so I can order the "correct" dominations of notes when I order my currency. I'll be at the World over Easter (I know this makes a difference to the cost of each meal!) hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any figures anyone can come up with xx
1900 Park Fare - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Easter Brunch
Bome- Dinner
Coral Reef - Diner
Tusker - Breakfast
Crystal Palace -Breakfast
Be Our Guest - Dinner
'Ohana - Dinner
1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Arkwrshus - Breakfast
Chef Mickeys - Dinner
Tonys - Dinner
CRT - Dinner
Forgot to say that it will be me and my DD who is a Disney adult!!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this board that tells about tipping. This thread will probably be closed because all tipping has to be discussed on that thread.

But since you are not a citizen of the US and don't know how things go over here. STandard table service tipping ranges from 15% to 20% or more.

When you eat at a DIsney restaurant they will give you suggested tip amounts on your check.

You can find menu prices for the food on Allears.net
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Here is the tipping thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

There is a guide to the policy of the restaurant board regarding tipping and a FAQ on the first page. Tipping discussion is restricted because it inevitably turns ugly and results in threads being closed and infractions being given, usually when an argument starts over someone thinking that someone else doesn't tip enough or tips too much.

You'll note there should be no discussion of personal tipping habits, so it can't actually be discussed there how much somone else would tip. But the FAQ may help you with what is expected.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: