Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Quick question - expiration of water park & more option

I am thinking of adding this option onto our tickets for our upcoming June trip--mostly because it's so inexpensive with the current promo and because we may want to go to water park. We really don't have any specific plans with our upcoming trip--we are going to do what we feel like doing when we wake up.

Based upon what I've read here, I think, but am not 100% sure, that if we decide not to use any of the WP&M options (e.g., we ONLY go to the four major parks) that they will stay valid indefinitely until we choose to use them? Is that right, or no? In other words, if we don't use the WP&M option, we might be able to apply those visits to a trip in the summer of 2014? If so, I will definitely add it onto our tickets, but if not, I might still be on the fence...

Thanks in advance for your help.
jennybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

You'd also have to add the No Expiration option to be able to use them on another trip. Tickets are valid for 14 days from first use.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Your entire ticket is valid for 14 days from first time used in a WDW turnstile, or until all entitlements on the ticket (including WPF&M entries) have been used, whichever occurs first unless the No Expire option has been purchased.

And if the day of first use is a Sunday, the 14th day is the second Saturday following.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
You'd also have to add the No Expiration option to be able to use them on another trip. Tickets are valid for 14 days from first use.
Yes, but I've read--not sure that I've understood, though--that the WP&M option is sort of like a separate ticket. And it would expire 14 days following its first use. I'm not sure if my understanding is accurate, though, and if it's tied to the park tickets.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Your entire ticket is valid for 14 days from first time used in a WDW turnstile, or until all entitlements on the ticket (including WPF&M entries) have been used, whichever occurs first unless the No Expire option has been purchased.

And if the day of first use is a Sunday, the 14th day is the second Saturday following.
Entitlements is a great way to describe it--I get it now. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
jennybdis
Mouseketeer

One more question then: If you add the no expiration option, and I had an 8 day ticket, and we only used one visit to the water park, would we be able to use 7 visits on a later trip?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybdis View Post
One more question then: If you add the no expiration option, and I had an 8 day ticket, and we only used one visit to the water park, would we be able to use 7 visits on a later trip?
Yes.

Note that you need to split up the cost of non-expiration ($229. for an 8 day ticket) over the leftover entitlements. If all you had left was 7 water park fun visits, then the share of non-expiration assigned to each is $33.

Which means that if you are going to use 3 fun visits next time, you are using up about $99. of value whereas adding water park fun to a new ticket costs you $61. (Adding water park fun to a new hopper costs $23.; while other more expensive idiosyncrasies arise if your theme park ticket will be for just 2 days or 1 day.)

(Various experts have argued long and hard under the high ceiling of a Victorian styled library and over tea and cookies about how much of the non-expiration should be assigned to theme park days and how much should be assigned to water park visits if some of each are left over. I have used a 2;1 ratio.)
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-15-2013 at 09:33 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybdis View Post
Yes.
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: