Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

Dress Code at Signatures

What exactly is the dress code for the Signatures? We have a reservation at the FF and I wanted to know if I can get away with wearing jeans and a nice shirt or blouse. I own one pair of dress pants (capri's, and we're going in Feb.) and we're trying to pack as light as possible. This ADR is the only time I will have to "dress up," so if I can get away with wearing jeans, I'll be happy. Thanks
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
catne
DIS Veteran

yes you can wear jeans. You will see everything from ladies in nice dresses & guys in dress shirts/ties...to people in khakis & capris...to people in nice shorts & golf shirts.

The only types of clothes that would be really frowned on would be guys in tank tops...raggedy cut-offs....gym shorts

Victoria & Albert @ the Grand Floridian is the only restaurant at Disney that has a real dress code that is enforced (very dressy, suit & tie...cocktail dresses for the ladies.)
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

"prohibited" clothing at signatures is supposedly hats and tank tops (for men), swimwear, torn clothing (including cutoff shorts) and shirts with "offensive" slogans or graphics. Anything else goes. And the listed stuff often isn't enforced either.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

These days, anything goes. Shorts, tank tops, flip-flops, caps on backwards. I've seen it all in signatures. I spoke to a waiter we know in the YS and he blamed it on the dining plan. He said, "With 90% certainty, I can't tell you who is not on the dining plan, but I can certainly tell you who is."
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
ValDawg
Earning My Ears

I do agree with everyone else here that the dress is pretty casual for the most part for signatures, but from what I saw on my honeymoon in August there was a lot more people with dressier clothes on at the signatures that were not inside a park. We saw more people in much nicer attire in FF and CG than we did at Le Cellier and CRT.

1985-1999 (Childhood trips!!) 2001-AS Sports 3/2008-ASMu 5/2009-OKW 5/2011-ASMu Disneymoon- 8/2012-BC ! 4/2013-BWV 8/2013 Anniversary Trip SSR10/2013 AKV 1/2014 AKV 3/2014 Birthday Trip! AKV 10/2014 OKW Upcoming 1/2015 BFF Bday Trip CSR 4/2015 Late Bday Trip BWV
ValDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The dining reservation page and the confirmation email will have the dress code on it, but other than V&A it isn't enforced much. The restaurants are more likely to focus on the "not allowed" items which others have listed, but even those aren't enforced uniformly.

You'll see every level of dress at the Sigs, but at the resorts you'll see more people dressed up. The sigs in the parks (HBD, LeCellier and CRT) don't include a dress code since they assume most people will be in the park and therefore in park clothes.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

Don't worry about wearing jeans and a nice shirt. You can dress it up more with jewelryand nicer shoes if you'd like. When i go to signatures I like to dress more, but i'm usually in the minority. My last trip i ate at Jiko and AP and both had.people in casual park attire.
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
marmar
Mouseketeer

I have seen folks turned away at Artist Point in tank tops and lady turned away in swimming suit cover ups (looked like a extremely short dress)
Old 01-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
These days, anything goes. Shorts, tank tops, flip-flops, caps on backwards. I've seen it all in signatures. I spoke to a waiter we know in the YS and he blamed it on the dining plan. He said, "With 90% certainty, I can't tell you who is not on the dining plan, but I can certainly tell you who is."
What a strange thing to say! That makes no sense at all!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5

What a strange thing to say! That makes no sense at all!
It makes perfect sense in the mind of someone who wishes to think of some people as inherently better than others, unfortunately.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
It makes perfect sense in the mind of someone who wishes to think of some people as inherently better than others, unfortunately.
What I find strange about it is that our Deluxe Dining Plan is costing us $$$ per day for the four of us. You have to be able to pay to be on-site which is not cheap...I just don't get it...

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
What I find strange about it is that our Deluxe Dining Plan is costing us $$$ per day for the four of us. You have to be able to pay to be on-site which is not cheap...I just don't get it...
I think he was referring to the 'free' dining plan component.. i.e. people who normally wouldn't set foot in a a signature unless it was 'free'.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Dress Code ?
We don' need no stickin' dress code !

NOTE: Anything goes. That is our big complaint about Signature Dining.
For those prices and (usual) food quality, you would expect people to
dress nicer. But, no.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Go Ask Alice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine
What a snob! The waiter I mean.
Go Ask Alice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: