Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

Concierge booking your cabana

We will be on vacation when our 120-day window opens up and will not have internet access. I know concierge holds back a cabana on the family beach and one on SB. However, the cabana concierge holds back on the family beach is one of the higher numbered cabanas (16, 17?). We would prefer one of the lower number cabanas (lower than #8). Have you had the concierge book a cabana for you ahead of time? If you have had concierge book for you, did you have any luck getting the cabana you wanted?
Subi WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi WRX
We will be on vacation when our 120-day window opens up and will not have internet access. I know concierge holds back a cabana on the family beach and one on SB. However, the cabana concierge holds back on the family beach is one of the higher numbered cabanas (16, 17?). We would prefer one of the lower number cabanas (lower than #8). Have you had the concierge book a cabana for you ahead of time? If you have had concierge book for you, did you have any luck getting the cabana you wanted?
Can you have somebody book it for you? Everything I've read says the concierge can't really do a good job with booking cabanas. Good Luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

While technically shoreside concierge should be able to book a cabana for you, they will not do so until they get into the office in the morning. If other concierge guests log in at midnight (or is it 3am?) and book cabanas, there is a chance there wouldn't be any available by morning or only high-numbered ones.

Sounds like your options are:

1) make arrangements to have Internet access on your vacation and do it yourself
2) provide someone else with all your info so they can do online check-in for you and try to book a low number cabana
3) or take your chances on shoreside concierge being able to get one for you when they are in the office.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
lucyem
DIS Veteran

When our 120 day window was approaching shoreside concierge told me to go online and make the reservation at midnight. We are sailing in late April. They said that the cabanas were going fast for the winter spring cruises. Sometimes all gone before they come into the office at 8am the next day. I have read that they hold cabanas back but they told me do not rely on that. (Actually would not even admit they do hold any back) So on the 120 day mark at midnight I was online booking my cabana. I got one but the cabanas online were gone within 20 minutes!

I would find a dependable friend and have them do it if you cannot.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

I would also recommend having a friend book for you. Shoreside concierge said they're usually gone before they get into the office at 8. The cabanas on my cruise were gone in less than 5 minutes. My guess is that if concierge does hold back a cabana, it's maybe not released until the cruise starts.
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #6
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

Thanks, everyone.
Subi WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #7
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

We are also sailing in late April. I booked at 12:01 and the cabanas were gone within minutes. I lost two, that were showing available, before I snagged the third one. It's the main reason we book concierge.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: