Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Keep us posted!

My kitty is 18 & has been vomiting pink-ish on & off for 2 weeks, I'm assuming it might be some blood in there. Like you, I'm watching her closely & giving her extra attention as I'm thinking it might be near the end. She's otherwise happy & showing no signs of pain or distress. She's always been a puker, but not pink-ish. She is an outdoor cat, but we try to coax her inside in the evening to warm up, and she's been hiding in strange places the last week as well, which I read can also be a sign that something is off.

Hopefully everything turns out ok for you!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
nancygirl1
Mouseketeer

Just wondering how your sweet kitty is doing....
nancygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Was wondering also how Mushu was doing? Maybe his owner will be back on in the morning to let us know. Hope he is okay.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
beavismom
*~*~*~*A tag full of gecko pixie dust!*~*~*~*
Spread the Spirit of Christmas (and popcorn) on The DIS!

Cats can be as bad as kids about "putting" things in their mouths. My DD's cat was drooling and breathing with her mouth open so I took her to the vet. Turns out she tried to eat a small Lego piece and it slipped perfectly over one of her back teeth.

She is also a routine puker but when she is worse than normal we have a prescription for Carafate to calm her tummy.
beavismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_M View Post
One of his nicknames is now "The $2,000 Cat".
We have a "$2,000.00 Cat", too! The same thing (not eating, drinking, lethargic) happened to our cat, Henry. We knew something was wrong with him and took him off to the vet. Turns out he had been gnawing on pieces of an artificial, fern-like plant that he discovered up on a shelf one day. The vet showed us Henry's x-rays and we could see several thin strands in his tummy, which turned out to be fairly long pieces of the plant. The vet performed surgery to remove the plant pieces. A couple of days rest and +/- $2,000.00 later, he was fine.

After that episode, every time we took Henry to the vet for an appointment, the staff called him "Fern" instead of Henry.

OP- Sending good thoughts for your kitty. Hope he is doing better.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

FYI. Tufts Animal Hospital (EMERGENCY SERVICES) in Grafton, MA is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days of the year! (Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University). Foster Hospital for small animals.
http://vet.tufts.edu/fhsa/

Please don't have an animal suffer because your vet is not open.

I have used Tufts, and they are absolutely wonderful. It is expensive, but it was so worth it to us. If it is a wild animal hospital, they will provide services for free.

Add me to the $2,000+ cat club. Have done it with several animals. We never hesitate.
Just went thru seizures, MRI & spinal tap on a 3 yr old kitty. Treated & all better now.
We had 2 cats with kidney disease that we've spent lots on for treatment.

Last edited by beaucoup; 01-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

I hope you've taken your kitty to the vet. My 4yo male coon cat died on christmas eve - and I wasn't there for him. I'm still heartbroken by it. We went to DH's parents house for christmas, and left my cat home with my mom. I guess he threw up twice, and was lethargic, and my brother found him dead curled up under the tree. Had I been there, I would have noticed his peculiar behavior and taken him to the vet immediately. He could have had a uti or an obstruction and both require immediate attention. I miss my big guy so very much.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Keep us posted!

My kitty is 18 & has been vomiting pink-ish on & off for 2 weeks, I'm assuming it might be some blood in there. Like you, I'm watching her closely & giving her extra attention as I'm thinking it might be near the end. She's otherwise happy & showing no signs of pain or distress. She's always been a puker, but not pink-ish. She is an outdoor cat, but we try to coax her inside in the evening to warm up, and she's been hiding in strange places the last week as well, which I read can also be a sign that something is off.

PLEASE take your cat to the vet. I had a cat that had the same vomiting issues all his life. As his kidney disease progressed so did the vomiting of blood. Kidney disease causes excess stomach acid which results in mouth, throat or gastro ulcers. There is medication for that. It is called sucralfate (Sulcrate, carafate) It coats the lining of the stomach and acts as a bandaid to heal raw spots. Your poor cat probably feels miserable if she is vomiting bloody mucus. It will get worse if not treated. You don't want to see your cat bleed to death.

Also if your cat isn't eating because she feels sick from vomiting, it will make her tummy worse. Frequent small meals are good for an overly acidic tummy. It will give the acid something to work on instead of the stomach lining.
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Keep us posted!

Please at least call your vet. I know taking an older kitty into the vet can be hard on them, but there is medication that can help with this. Poor kitty.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

How is kitty doing?
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
FLherewecome
Earning My Ears

I am so sorry. Hugs! How is Mushu doing now? Did you get in to the vet? My thoughts will be with all of you.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #27
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Still waiting to hear from OP. I would have taken our cats to the emergency hospital if I thought it was an emergency.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #28
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotfan View Post
PLEASE take your cat to the vet. I had a cat that had the same vomiting issues all his life. As his kidney disease progressed so did the vomiting of blood. Kidney disease causes excess stomach acid which results in mouth, throat or gastro ulcers. There is medication for that. It is called sucralfate (Sulcrate, carafate) It coats the lining of the stomach and acts as a bandaid to heal raw spots. Your poor cat probably feels miserable if she is vomiting bloody mucus. It will get worse if not treated. You don't want to see your cat bleed to death.

Also if your cat isn't eating because she feels sick from vomiting, it will make her tummy worse. Frequent small meals are good for an overly acidic tummy. It will give the acid something to work on instead of the stomach lining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Please at least call your vet. I know taking an older kitty into the vet can be hard on them, but there is medication that can help with this. Poor kitty.
Like Pepto Bismol for cats!

We do take her regularly for her check ups & shots, and they did have her on something years & years ago for the vomiting but could never find a thing wrong. They actually attributed her frequent vomiting back then to the fact that when DSs were small they'd hover over her while she ate, so she's gobble it up too fast. Not sure if that's true or not but she did stop the frequent vomitiing once the kids stopped bugging her while she ate!

She's eating, drinking & going to the bathroom just fine. She has her check up in 2 weeks, where I will be sure to tell them. They did some kidney testing a few years back & found nothing, maybe its time to re-do that.

Did we ever hear back from the OP?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

Who does that? I mean really. These kinds of threads burn my biscuits, and I know better than to open them (so save it with the don't open these kinds of threads lectures).

Help me understand how you just let your pet sit in a litter box, crying out in pain all night long, and think to yourself "oh, kitty may be dying, so I'm just going to let kitty die a slow and painful death"? Or let's their cat puke up vomit with blood for two weeks, and not at the very least call their vet?

It just boggles my mind. And I'm sure I will get torched for this, but whatever. After working as a Vet Tech in my earlier days, it's just frustrating to me to read things like this.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #30
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
Who does that? I mean really. These kinds of threads burn my biscuits, and I know better than to open them (so save it with the don't open these kinds of threads lectures).

Help me understand how you just let your pet sit in a litter box, crying out in pain all night long, and think to yourself "oh, kitty may be dying, so I'm just going to let kitty die a slow and painful death"? Or let's their cat puke up vomit with blood for two weeks, and not at the very least call their vet?

It just boggles my mind. And I'm sure I will get torched for this, but whatever. After working as a Vet Tech in my earlier days, it's just frustrating to me to read things like this.
God, could you be any ruder and insensitive?? For all we know, Terry will be coming back with very sad news tonite, and she has to come and read this?
Terry, I'm so sorry you're going thru this, as fellow pet lovers, we all can understand. I hope you come back with good news for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: