Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #91
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

We booked our airfare yesterday, Oct 10th through the 18th, so now it's 'Real'. one can always cancel resort reservations (not that we would), but the airfare is non-refundable, so it's on!

Bill From PA
Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #92
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy
We booked our airfare yesterday, Oct 10th through the 18th, so now it's 'Real'. one can always cancel resort reservations (not that we would), but the airfare is non-refundable, so it's on!

Bill From PA
I wish SW would open up their October schedule so that I could book my airfare!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #93
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Does anyone know if they open all booths for the CM day? This is like a soft opening the day before the F & W starts.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #94
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
Does anyone know if they open all booths for the CM day? This is like a soft opening the day before the F & W starts.
They might open all of them or they might not open a few. It's not consistent year to year. At least some of them will be open.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #95
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
I wish SW would open up their October schedule so that I could book my airfare!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
This from their website:
We are currently accepting air reservations through September 27, 2013. On March 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through November 1, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel...R-TRAVEL-TOOLS
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #96
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster
We were there for the CM preview in September and all the booths were up and running. Some of the CMs were learning the registers and transactions were, at times, slow but the booths were well-stocked and the CMs were in great moods!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #97
SunkistJoy
Earning My Ears

We're going Oct 19-26 and are so excited! This will be our first ever trip to WDW, and we will get to experience MNSSHP & F&W! We are staying offsite because our family is just too large for an onsite stay to be practical.

DH, Me,
SunkistJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #98
RoundtownGirl
Mouseketeer

Joining in...

This will be our first time at Food and Wine. Can't wait to see more details. My girls are excited about the concerts.

RoundtownGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #99
mickeymom55
Mouseketeer

Smile

Our annual visit is being planned as I write. October 17-23. Can't wait! Absolutely love our visit to the F&WF. Booked our flights with SW - good deal - haven't booked our moderate yet but won't wait too long. PSUGuy - my highlight is the lobster pie too! Planning our trip is getting me through the winter (and the 14 inches of fresh snow we got).
mickeymom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #100
SMWfamily
Stinkerbell

Definately going. No detail yet. The fried cheese and honey wine was my favorite last time.... Probably going Columbus day weekend. I ask for a plane ticket for my birthday every year.

Two years ago, I actually got into Epcot free because of a family friend who works on property, so that gave me 80 dollars more to spend on stuff. We went to customer relations for those wrist cards, put 100 dollars on our cards, and just ran around tasting everything. By the last country, we were quite tipsy and I took lude pictures with the statue in Italy. I also think there were some obnoxious pictures in the gardens of Japan..... I am a grown women of a particular age, not a 20 something. But I acted like one that day. Probably one of the most fun days I've had with my extended family in my entire life.

Our JULY 2013 Montage - Turn it up!!
7/9/13-7/14/13 Roasting our *** off at Silver Lake Resort. 7/14-7/17 Bonnet Creek
5/12 Four GLORIOUS days at Contempo. Kid free. (conference)
3/11 Food and Wine Festival (one day)
3/10 CBR - first time staying on property!
Our 2010 Montage - the kids were so little!
New! Convention TR 2012 - Now With More Zombie Flesh!
SMWfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #101
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

We'll be there the last weekend. Hoping for the Fisherman's Pie, sold out last time we were there.
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
B&WMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #102
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byejou
I booked a villa at SSR at my 11 month window and hope to jump over to BCV for 2 nights 11/7-11/9 following our DCL cruise. We plan to do 1 day at Epcot to experience the F&W festival. I believe its the end of the festival so does anyone know how crowded it will be. We will go an a Thursday night. I cant even say if BC will be available.
Quite crowded after about 12:30 pm. This is about the same time we went last year. We were really glad we got tickets to demonstrations. A glass of wine, cake baked by a celebrity chef, recipe, and asking that chef my personal baking questions... All for $14!!! Better value than standing inline for 20 minutes for my $9 glass of a French cocktail ( in a leaky cup)... We really had a great time, but we will continue with our plan of world showcase booth tastings first thing in the am, and then booking in a seminar or two during peak hours so we can fully enjoy our time. Also, FYI I desperately wanted to get in the warren brown demo last year and tried getting tickets. They were sold out the day after they went on sale. But on the morning of, I asked a CM, and they said I could get a ticket that day. It seems they hold back tickets for many demos. So get there early and you'll probably get your preferred tickets even if you don't plan 3 mos in advance.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #103
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadada
First time FW question:

Family of me, wife, ds (18mo) and dd (4y)

Best time to visit? First week of Nov to double dip Christmas decorations (will that even be likely?) ... or...sometime in October to increase probability of swimming weather since kiddos love the pools?

Or some other advice?

Many thanks.
No decorations in the resorts at that time. We were really hoping to see GF and WL but no luck! I was told that things should pick up 2nd week of November. Osborne lights were up and running though.

ryansstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #104
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Last edited by CarolineB; 03-09-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: posted in wrong thread
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #105
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

F & w 2013

Hi All,

This is an annual traip for us and can't wait as usual. Will be there Oct. 18-29 staying at the BWV.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: