Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #76
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Us2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
I just found out that the F&W festival will be going on while I am at Disney for the Tower of Terror 10 miler!
Anyone have any tips/advice for combining both of these events in one long weekend trip?
With the TOT 10 miler at HS, plus now knowing about this at Epcot, I would REALLY like to stay at one of the Epcot resorts---but I'm leaning towards POFQ. It will be like 1/2 the price and it's one of the host resorts for the race.

So excited!!!
My sister's first time: Disney Cruise on Dream, TOT, MNSSHP, F&W
My first time: TOT, MNSSHP and F&W

We were gonna stay at the Yacht club but then would have to give up the park hopper and meal plan so decided on extending our trip to the POR and adding QS with Park Hopper! We did early planning, guessed the wrong weekend and have to extend our trip - aww shucks
HiMagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #77
Tink-n-Belle
DIS Veteran

Going Oct 10-13 staying at the BW Was excited until reading this thread about the weekend crowds and I picked Columbus Day weekend too.

No really, thanks for the info, It will be fun and if the crowds are really bad I'll just come back next year and plan it a little better.

BWV 12,11,10,09,08,07, 06(2) *BLT 13,12,11,10 *BCV 13,12,06 *AKV 08*VB 06,08 & 09*Cont 02 *Poly 86 *Grand Floridian 88 *All Stars 94 & 04 *Club villas 84,85,87,90,92 & 99 *offsite 83,81,80,76 &73
Tink-n-Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #78
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

F & W is my main motivation these days!

We are going to be there from Oct 30 - Nov 10, first at AoA and then a move to YC to be even closer to all that great food/ wine. Caramel Flan from Mexico, Cheddar Soup from Canada , Argentina, South Korea, Hawaii ....can't wait. On these ridiculously cold days in Pennsylvania, just the thought of a warm sunny day with a glass of wine on a bench in France.....heaven!!
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #79
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

We did Epcot on Columbus Day last year and crowds were very light. We did Food and Wine for lunch and had no waits at the booths.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #80
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

My mom and I will be there 10/3-10/7 for a long weekend. I'll be celebrating my 21st birthday! It'll be our first Food and Wine Festival. Can't wait!!!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:00 AM   #81
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We are staying at BCV from 10/31 to 11/10. Favorite time of year to go!

The "greeting center" is where they hold some cooking demonstrations, sell cook books with some book signings and sell festival merchandise plus a huge assortment of wines for sale.

For any first timers, avoid the F&W on the weekends. It is packed. Concerts are great, love eating and drinking around the world! As pp, don't miss the lobster pie in Ireland! Fantastic.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #82
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

First time FW question:

Family of me, wife, ds (18mo) and dd (4y)

Best time to visit? First week of Nov to double dip Christmas decorations (will that even be likely?) ... or...sometime in October to increase probability of swimming weather since kiddos love the pools?

Or some other advice?

Many thanks.
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #83
gweninwb
Earning My Ears

We are staying at AKL Oct 27-31 woo hoo! So I have a question and a funny story...

Question first. Last year we were at the F&W fest on a Monday to avoid the crowds. In your past experience is a Sunday a bad day to go? I am starting to plan out my days and the touring plan site says Sunday isn't going to be a busy day. However I think they only account for the ride lines and not F&W.

Funny story. I think having a F&W day without kids would be a blast (with kids is fun too ), however just a friendly reminder for those adults going alone to remember that kids from other families are still there. Last Oct we enjoyed the F&W fest with our boys ages 12 and 8 at the time. On the bus ride back to the AKL there was this couple in their 40s having a total makeout session standing up in the middle of the bus! This was def PG-13 and was racing to rated R status. The "gentlemen" had his hands pulling up the "lady's" shirt and everything. After the Kidani stop seats opened up and so the drunken couple went and sat down next to my 12 year old! At this point I was a highly annoyed and that was the final straw. I said (loud enough for the other riders to hear apparently) "oh NO WAY... c'mon Tyler" and proceeded to take my son by the hand and move him which elicited an eruption of laughter, clapping, and comments from the other guests. They had of course witnessed the entire makeout session as well. Tyler had apparently missed the whole thing (you know that after park zombie state the kids get) and was puzzled why I pulled him from his cozy seat. Let us all partake of the F&W delights.....but in enough moderation as not not offend others enjoying the parks as a family.
gweninwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #84
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

BWV from 10/30 to 11/3.

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #85
steeners81
Mouseketeer

We are heading down there from Nov 10th to the 18th for our honeymoon. I was so excited to see that we will be there for the last day . We have gone 2 times before and can not wait to go back. Luckily we get in early and are staying at the BC so we are just going to drop our bags off and eat around the world (first stop Canada )
Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #86
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweninwb View Post
We are staying at AKL Oct 27-31 woo hoo! So I have a question and a funny story...

Question first. Last year we were at the F&W fest on a Monday to avoid the crowds. In your past experience is a Sunday a bad day to go? I am starting to plan out my days and the touring plan site says Sunday isn't going to be a busy day. However I think they only account for the ride lines and not F&W.
Sunday is packed with locals, especially from mid afternoon. I'd suggest during the week.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #87
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83

Sunday is packed with locals, especially from mid afternoon. I'd suggest during the week.
^ last year me & my sister went Sunday twice & never ran into a crowd. Of course it was right at the beginning. The best day I found was Wednesday or Tuesday. No lines & the tables always available..don't try Friday nights or Saturday it gets crazy crowded there.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #88
cthompson476
Earning My Ears

We are taking a girls weekend Oct 4-6! This will be our first time at Food and Wine...sooo excited!

June 2011-CBR
Dec 2012-CSR
Sept 2013-CSR
Oct 2013-Yacht Club
Nov 2013-POP
Dec 2014/Jan 2014- Cabins @ FW
May 2014-POP/ASM
Oct 2014-POR
cthompson476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #89
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

We are going from Oct 11th to Oct 18th - staying offsite/timeshare

We go every other year and found that the most crowded time is Friday and Saturday later afternoon/evening. While certainly more crowded than a Tuesday or Wed, if you go earlish on Fri/Sat/Sunday you will be ok for the most part

**Just Completed** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #90
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Smile

We've been there almost every year for the past few years, and it seems like it's gotten more and more crowded every year. By far, the weekends are the worst, with the majority of crowds being there on Friday night, and Saturday afternoon/night. Mornings and Sundays are going to be your best bet for sure, along with anytime during the week.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: