Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Leaving on Sunday!

But I'm starting to panic already. I feel like there's so much to do and no time to do it. The kids were all sick last week so I feel like I lost an entire week when I could have been preparing.

I don't know why I'm so worried since we usually fly by the seat of our pants and do everything last minute. Of course, since I'm packing for at least 5 people (and most likely DH, too) we kind of are at the last minute...

I'm sure everything will be fine and it's not like we're going to be alone in the wilderness if we forget something.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Kristian
Mouseketeer

I have been there. I got sick right before our last trip. I had Strep, conjunctivitis in both eyes and an ear infection . I was a mess. I was so worried about mainly dh and dd getting sick, but also about getting everything done beforehand. I was still very weak from being sick, even after the antibiotics took affect, which was about 12 hours after a late night ER visit. I made a goal for myself to pack one person's suitcase per night after dinner. Now, I didn't have to pack for five people, but it might as well have been twenty people with how I felt. I managed to get it all done and dh helped straighten up the house. We headed out for Disney and managed to not forget a thing, except maybe some of my hearing because of the ear infection lol.

Just pace yourself and do a little each day. Don't stress...us Disney fanatics don't have time for that Feel better soon.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, I didn't mention straightening up the house. We're having a friend pick up our mail, so it will be seen while we're gone and who wants to come home to a messy house?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Oh yeah, I didn't mention straightening up the house. We're having a friend pick up our mail, so it will be seen while we're gone and who wants to come home to a messy house?
I try to clean house before going on any trip. I hate coming home to a mess.

I heard a funny story once about a family who went on vacation and the mom didn't have time to clean up/straighten the house beforehand, so she just left it for when they returned. Well, their house was robbed, which is very sad, but when I was told what happened, I couldn't help but laugh. When they got home, they called the police of course. The policeman that reported to the scene walked in and commented that the thief did a real number on "trashing" the house. The mom was so embarrassed because all of the mess was from the family and not the thief. I couldn't imagine having to tell someone that the mess was from us and not the robbery lol.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post

But I'm starting to panic already. I feel like there's so much to do and no time to do it. The kids were all sick last week so I feel like I lost an entire week when I could have been preparing.

I don't know why I'm so worried since we usually fly by the seat of our pants and do everything last minute. Of course, since I'm packing for at least 5 people (and most likely DH, too) we kind of are at the last minute...

I'm sure everything will be fine and it's not like we're going to be alone in the wilderness if we forget something.
OK. Take a deep breath, relax and think about how much fun you'll be having when you get there. A lot of times it takes a lot more time to get things done when we are stressed than if we just relax and tackle the tasks one at a time. And look at the bright side. Being sick before you go makes it less likely to be sick when you get there.

Everything will come together and you'll be off to enjoy time with your family. Have a great time.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: