Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
montugirl
Earning My Ears

Can someone explain

So sorry I'm not getting this park hopper, I have looked for answers but to be honest I don't have the time or understanding of them. We will have the 4 day military tickets with park hopper. Our vacation is in 3 months and I'm scared it will be here before I know it. How do I use these tickets.

Can we use one every other day or do I need to use them for 4 straight days in a row?

I know I can go to more then one park in the same day, but can I go to one then another and then back to the first one if I wanted to?

This is our first time going and we are taking a 6 year old so I don't want to do back to back days at the parks I will want to chill at the pool at the resort or maybe just go in the afternoon. Can someone help me. We are staying at AOA if that makes any difference.
montugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

You can go back & forth between parks as much as you'd like. I saw folks park at Magic Kingdom, ride the monorail to Epcot, spend time at Epcot, ride the monorail back to Magic Kingdom, then spend time there. We did DHS to Epcot to DHS all in one day on our hoppers.

Unless there's something unique about military tickets I don't know, you do not have to go 4 days in a row. You have time for days off.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

You do not have to use the military tickets 4 days in a row. You can take a day off whenever you want.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Yes, you can do exactly that - hop from one park to another. I have never tried more than 2 parks in one day - might be exhausting.....
No, they do not need to be used on 4 consecutive days, if you check the Shades of Green site, they will provide you with the military hopper pass info, and the length of time you have to use them.
Have a great trip.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by montugirl View Post
So sorry I'm not getting this park hopper, I have looked for answers but to be honest I don't have the time or understanding of them. We will have the 4 day military tickets with park hopper. Our vacation is in 3 months and I'm scared it will be here before I know it. How do I use these tickets.

1. Can we use one every other day or do I need to use them for 4 straight days in a row?

2. I know I can go to more then one park in the same day, but can I go to one then another and then back to the first one if I wanted to?

This is our first time going and we are taking a 6 year old so I don't want to do back to back days at the parks I will want to chill at the pool at the resort or maybe just go in the afternoon. Can someone help me. We are staying at AOA if that makes any difference.
1. If they are like a regular MYW tickets you have 14 days from first use to use all the days. But according to the ticket sticky they do not have the 14 day limit just an expiration date, September 28, 2013 .

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=17

2. Yes you can even go to all four parks in one day in any combination and return to park you have already visited that day.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
montugirl
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the information.
montugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
matheke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the information.
When are you going? I see you said 3 months but when exactly? There are blackout dates for the Military tickets from March 24-April 4.
matheke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
tessa67
Mouseketeer

We have always gotten our tickets at Shades of Green and they have to be validated before we can use them. If you got your tickets at MWR or similar at your base maybe this step has already happened?

Anyway, you have to take the tickets to (I think) the guest relations window at the TTC. The military ID card holder has to show ID and the tickets are validated so they can be used.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
ptisme
Mouseketeer

The tickets have to be taken to the guest relations booth at any of the parks (we have validated them at Disney Quest when we had the parks and more options added) before use to be validated. One person must have a military ID. They are good until September. You do not have to use them 4 days in a row, they can be used in any combination until the 4 days are used until Sept. There are blackout dates - March 24-April 4 all parks and July 4 (MK only). You can go to one or all the parks in any one day. We are going to AK in the am and then to Epcot in the afternoon, as we only have three days after our cruise. We have been many times using these tickets and they are great. Have a great time.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #10
lyra2007
Mouseketeer

Right. Like for example, we are going to AK from 9 until about 1 on a recommended day and then, after a nap and a swim, going to MK JUST for dinner at CRT (b/c that's when I could get an ADR at a reasonable hour for a 5-year-old!). You could not do that without a park hopper.
lyra2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
jojosam
Mouseketeer

We went for the first time last year with tickets we purchased from MWR. Before entering our first park (pretty sure it was Epcot), DH went to the ticket window and had the cards validated. Easy peasy! We really liked the hopping feature, as it meant spending an evening at a different park after resting in the afternoon. We are going to add the water park, fun and more feature to spread out our trip this year, as we did 4 parks in 4 days last time and it was exhausting!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #12
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:

Can we use one every other day or do I need to use them for 4 straight days in a row?

I know I can go to more then one park in the same day, but can I go to one then another and then back to the first one if I wanted to?

Looks like most of your questions have been answered. I would add to get a game plan of your trip. Check out strategies for park recommendations. We used TGM in the past but kinda disappointed with the site now. Main thing is be there at rope drop and hit the major rides early so you don't spend the day waiting in line all day. Get your FP's We average 10-15 minutes thru out our stay and ride all the major rides and all others that we have on our schedule. Go back and chill in afternoon and return at 6 makes it a better day as well. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #13
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2012/2013 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Saturday September 28, 2013. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/28/13. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: